Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Niall Boylan Show

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

I was on last night, first night in over 4/5 months. Topic, well it started out about the dogs being boiled alive over in China but it wasn't long getting derailed when I came onto the scene! They were lining up to have a crack at me and I was as well as the listeners too I'd say was loving it, some craic!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭baldtooyoung

I was on last night, first night in over 4/5 months. Topic, well it started out about the dogs being boiled alive over in China but it wasn't long getting derailed when I came onto the scene! They were lining up to have a crack at me and I was as well as the listeners too I'd say was loving it, some craic!

Are you the vegan? He was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

It's not fair what happened to niall boylan at the ppi awards last Friday. I would say it was all to do with other djs been jealous of him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

It's not fair what happened to niall boylan at the ppi awards last Friday. I would say it was all to do with other djs been jealous of him

What happened?

What happened?
    It's in yesterday's newspapers and on his face book page. Djs at ppi awards pulling at his hair and making fun of him etc. He was very very upset. He had alopecia as a child and also in his 20s. Probably jealous that he won the gold award last year and won the silver one this year. He said he felt like he was 8 years old again and been bullied. He left the afters party early because of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

It's in yesterday's newspapers and on his face book page. Djs at ppi awards pulling at his hair and making fun of him etc. He was very very upset. He had alopecia as a child and also in his 20s. Probably jealous that he won the gold award last year and won the silver one this year. He said he felt like he was 8 years old again and been bullied. He left the afters party early because of it.

That's nasty

That's nasty
    Horrific. And the award he won was for the anti bullying week slot he did on his show. !

• Registered Users Posts: 3 aiden857

What a fool of course these callers are real otherwise I'm sure people who would recognise their voices and would have rat them out long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Terrace lad

It's real alright not a set up the guys a complete Arse hole and comes across as a sex mad pervert he can be quiet antaganising to lesser educated callers so when you hear about his anti bullying campaigns it portrays him as a hypocrite he openly mocks certain callers on the show and is a **** stirer of the highest order the shows ran its course stale as **** keeps going back to the same topics spoken about couple times before by the same callers, 4fm should do themselves a favour and cut his air time at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭TheLonelyOne

It's real alright not a set up the guys a complete Arse hole and comes across as a sex mad pervert he can be quiet antaganising to lesser educated callers so when you hear about his anti bullying campaigns it portrays him as a hypocrite he openly mocks certain callers on the show and is a **** stirer of the highest order the shows ran its course stale as **** keeps going back to the same topics spoken about couple times before by the same callers, 4fm should do themselves a favour and cut his air time at this stage

Couldn't agree more. The man and his shows are 100% trailer trash. Glad I am not the only one to notice how seedy he is on air. Makes you're skin crawl. Bit like a perv.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 roysh1

Most of the conversations on that show are so obviously staged it's laughable. "Steve" in particular, is clearly a plant. I think it shows just how naive/ unaware the people producing that show actually are. Do they really think people are falling for this crap?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

roysh1 wrote: »
    Most of the conversations on that show are so obviously staged it's laughable. "Steve" in particular, is clearly a plant. I think it shows just how naive/ unaware the people producing that show actually are. Do they really think people are falling for this crap?

All evidence would point towards the fact that people are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 roysh1

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    All evidence would point towards the fact that people are.

I don't know about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

Can't listen anymore it's like it's on a loop.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

roysh1 wrote: »
    I don't know about that.

Listenership, the fact they keep doing it, and the general social media hype that surrounds that show would disagree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Leilak

its so bad now, Boylan is terrible, a total sleazebag, really hope 4FM axe this, its run its course!

Compared to al porter. Niall boylan is absolutely brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

I didn't listen to this inane drivel for a least a year until the other night....same topics and gob****es calling in still...has about a 3% listnership...though Boylan would convince you that its the biggest show on radio

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dr Ben

The Niall Boylan show won some award for being the best talk show in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Big C

6 comments here on this thread in 6 mths says it all

Big C wrote: »
    6 comments here on this thread in 6 mths says it all

It really doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

No he's not. He's like myself and around a dozen others (between Niall Boylan and FM104 shows that are just fond of pulling the piss. Nothing wrong with it, shows like theirs are always gonna attract the likes of us and shows like that needs the likes of us. Harmless enough when all's said and done!

How the feck do you know all this about them.... em.. Niall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭jeanjolie

He really needs to get rid of that accent and exchange it for a lighter/neutral Dublin accent. His current one sounds 'scumbagish' IMHO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Lt Dan

Dr Ben wrote: »
    The Niall Boylan show won some award for being the best talk show in the world.

If that is the case, the Next GTA for the PS4 should add Niall Boylan and those poor gutter rats that he has on most nights (the true stars of the show) for the radio stuff , along with GTA favourite Lazlow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 inorout

Has anyone noticed that NB at Night seems to be off-air recently and repeats are broadcast? Why is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

inorout wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that NB at Night seems to be off-air recently and repeats are broadcast? Why is that?

he is of for the summer i think he takes his holidays around this time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 inorout

Ah right, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

I tuned in to Niall's show few weeks back to hear them talking about farmers shooting dogs which were attacking livestock. A bloke from "Aran" (this crowd) suggested that farmers ought to ensure that the boundaries of their fields are dog-proof.

You couldn't write it.

• Advertisement

9.oclock show us a disgrace. It's repeats constantly. Pity the programme used to be good when he had another producer. It's like they don't care now

Advertisement