Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Niall Boylan Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 HighF123

I think Niall Boylan is a talented broadcaster but I have to agree with a previous poster about him copying Adrian Kennedy's style. I've certainly noticed that in the last year or so, the show has gone downward in tone and overall quality with topics that seem to be targeted towards Leaving Cert students- Kennedy's core demographic. And Niall has started using cheap language, like ''di#khead'' for example- Adrian Kennedy's favourite word. I know it's a late-night phone in show, but there was a standard which Niall adhered to. It's selling out basically.

And the obvious plant callers... ''Steve'' sounds like an extra from Fair City. And ''Jim'' the annoying, working-class gouger... he's clearly just another troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Where has tara helen and kathy gone. Loved listening to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

Where has tara helen and kathy gone. Loved listening to them.

They're usually on in the winter time.

Tara does be gas alright though. Her main agenda would having problems with Muslims but especially Muslim men.

I've had many's a row with Helen about Traveler discrimination and stuff like that. Very easy get a rise out of Helen.

Padraic does be the best though. He does drive the Nigerian taxi drivers pure cracked when they get him on. He's actually on FM104 quite a lot lately.

I might be on myself tonight. They'll be covering a topic close to my heart!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

I might be on myself tonight. They'll be covering a topic close to my heart!!

which is?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,987 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Padraic does be the best though. He does drive the Nigerian taxi drivers pure cracked when they get him on. He's actually on FM104 quite a lot lately.

he has popped up on lbc as well.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Radio is for life

Tommy to be honest you are living in fantasy land as I specifically heard Niall Boylan say they had no mugs to give away and have had none since 2012. I think you wish you were a regular caller but they wont let you on the air.
    Tell us your radio name if you are on, as we are all dying to know.

You sound like their number one fan and quite creepy actually because you know so much about the show . :eek:

Tommy to be honest you are living in fantasy land as I specifically heard Niall Boylan say they had no mugs to give away and have had none since 2012. I think you wish you were a regular caller but they wont let you on the air.

You sound like their number one fan and quite creepy actually because you know so much about the show . :eek:
    Of course he was on the radio. He had an argument with helen. Why would he say he was on the show if he wasn't. It's not that much of a big deal. It's a radio show not the late late tv show. !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

If need be, I can prove what I have said so far no problem as I have saved the various numbers that both Helena and Mike have rang me on when they want me to go on the show, not alone that I have a record of the times they rang me too. Easy enough to trace those incoming calls back to 4FM.

Tommy there's no need to prove anything. That poster is obviously trying to wind you up. He is probably jealous that you know the radio staff and listeners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

You'd think that the station would have urged you not to give away its trade secrets tommy in return for all the ugly mugs they gave you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,987 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

fepper wrote: »
    You'd think that the station would have urged you not to give away its trade secrets tommy in return for all the ugly mugs they gave you

ah well in fairness they're are no secrets to give away. most people do know how these shows work. callers, listeners, they know!!!!!!!!!

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Very interesting. Niall talking about the boxers in olympics. Why don't you tune in. And stop trying to annoy tommy. You sap.

Very interesting. Niall talking about the boxers in olympics. Why don't you tune in. And stop trying to annoy tommy. You sap.

Jeez cool it I was only giving a opinion

Jeez cool it I was only giving a opinion
    That post was meant for " radioisforlife ". More so than you. Sorry

Mr.JB1986 wrote: »
    Jude, John, Alan, Joe, Bill, John O'Donovan, Joan, Kevin, Paul the trucker, Me...... I could go on it's us that makes that show not Niall Boylan.

Anyone want a few 4fm mugs? Press is full of them here.

So which one are you? And to be fair, Niall does have talent.
    And what about helen kathy and tara ??

Tommy Kelly is probably the caller "Jim".

He is entitled to defend his show anyway and be anonymous as we are here,I'm sure he reads all threads relating to him and his radio programs

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Mod: Just a friendly suggestion (for now), but perhaps we could move on from trying to guess who everyone is and return to discussing the show? No one here is under any obligation to "prove" who they are, and it's also against sitewide rules to try and reveal a posters real life identity. So let's just drop it there and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

I listen regular if its an interesting topic. Im not offended by bad language but boy is it over used on niels show. Funny how lbc have phone ins whitoit bad language. Yes paudrig is on lbc a lot known as Patrick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

Does anyone listen to Niall Boylan on 4fm? If so, what do you think of the show ? I know most of these shows are low-brow and all.... I recently started listening and to me, some of the discussions seem very scripted. For example , there's one caller who calls himself ''Steve'', he is supposedly a '''criminal''. To me, he sounds like an actor, and quite a bad one at that. What do you think?

That "steve" guy does also be on the Chris Barry show under a different name in which he pretends to be a business man who hates "scumbags".

• Advertisement

Simon2015 wrote: »
    Does anyone listen to Niall Boylan on 4fm? If so, what do you think of the show ? I know most of these shows are low-brow and all.... I recently started listening and to me, some of the discussions seem very scripted. For example , there's one caller who calls himself ''Steve'', he is supposedly a '''criminal''. To me, he sounds like an actor, and quite a bad one at that. What do you think?

That "steve" guy does also be on the Chris Barry show under a different name in which he pretends to be a business man who hates "scumbags".
    So is he an actor then. Or just an attention seeker. Was he on a while ago arguing with some girl who said he forced her to have an abortion 10 years ago. It seemed pretty realistic to me I must say.

So is he an actor then. Or just an attention seeker. Was he on a while ago arguing with some girl who said he forced her to have an abortion 10 years ago. It seemed pretty realistic to me I must say.

Not sure if hes an actor but hes definitely a plant.

Well I am a sap. As I believed that night he was on arguing with his ex girlfriend about the abortion. He also said he was going to sue niall and classic hits 4 fm. He was very believable. I have referred to myself as " a sap " in this post. So I dont need to get another warning.

Simon2015 wrote: »
    Not sure if hes an actor but hes definitely a plant.

on again tonite talkng bout drug adicts and just let them die away,he was very unconvincing tonite and you knew that he wasnt a genuine caller and was badly staged at that

on again tonite talkng bout drug adicts and just let them die away,he was very unconvincing tonite and you knew that he wasnt a genuine caller and was badly staged at that

I'm amazed at how the other callers seem to fall for it. It's all so cringe- worthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

The letters or emails he reads out are also cringe worthy, does any one seriously believe there are genuine people writing these letters? Also heard a show about a year ago where this girl who came across as a scumbag rang in, fair enough you might say. However she stayed on the line while she took a lot of abuse from calls. Think to yourself for one minute, who in their right mind would take so much abuse on a call and not hang up? You would think that she has no obligation to stay on and she is not getting paid, but my guess is that these are set ups.
    And again when you think about it, programs like this need it as without these set ups they'd have no listeners. It is a guilty pleasure of mine and I listen maybe once a week, but I don't take it serious.

John from drimnagh is genuine. So are Jude the guy who loves his son. Bill the religious man. Tara the Muslim . Kathy who has no time for lgbtwxyz. Helen who says can I ask you a question. Padraig the ir

I the irish rights guy. An ex air hostess. And many more. Maybe it's just Steve who is a set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

not forgetting John from Cork, part time protester and radio caller, full time gob****e

• Advertisement

I wonder is that "Alan" guy a genuine caller ?

He only seems to ring the show to wind people up.

Advertisement