Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 2K17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Best of luck with it man! Give us a shout when you're back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Its all good man, nobody on last night so I was back to grinding like a saap. Have my Centre up to 74 now and gonna start on his badges now...glutton for punishment I am.

ABSOLUTE DISASTER LADS.

Both of my saved games are corrupted it seems, logged in now after playing this morning (it was fine) and when the game loads up I have no man on screen in my court. When I press X to advance it goes through a loading screen and back to my court in a broken loop.

Nothing else works. I load up into my park and I am missing off screen aswell, had a brief look online and cant see any glitches relating to this.....

I have a 95 SF and an 76 C if I lose these and have to start again I am done with this game I tell ya that......especially spending money on extra VC on launch day!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    ABSOLUTE DISASTER LADS.

Both of my saved games are corrupted it seems, logged in now after playing this morning (it was fine) and when the game loads up I have no man on screen in my court. When I press X to advance it goes through a loading screen and back to my court in a broken loop.

Nothing else works. I load up into my park and I am missing off screen aswell, had a brief look online and cant see any glitches relating to this.....

I have a 95 SF and an 76 C if I lose these and have to start again I am done with this game I tell ya that......especially spending money on extra VC on launch day!

Open a ticket with 2K support, had to use them before for a similar problem and they are excellent. Explain to them in extreme detail what the problem is.

http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

martyos121 wrote: »
    Open a ticket with 2K support, had to use them before for a similar problem and they are excellent. Explain to them in extreme detail what the problem is.

http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Yeah did that already, but I can see myself waiting for days for this to be sorted. There are a few U TOOB vids of same problem.

This **** always happen when they start patching and micro patching....better HOTFIX this pretty quickly ffs! :mad:

I even went into the cloud save in settings and still same problem.....

• Advertisement

Shyte man, hopefully 2K can fix that, that's on another level to not getting my loyalty park rep. Last year, early in my season, I loaded my game to see my player replaced with another character. Seemed that My Players got swapped between accounts and there was no getting them back. Had to start again but hadn't done much so wasn't the worst. The amount of grinding you've done man, I'd throw the game through the telly if they couldn't get them back!

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Shyte man, hopefully 2K can fix that, that's on another level to not getting my loyalty park rep. Last year, early in my season, I loaded my game to see my player replaced with another character. Seemed that My Players got swapped between accounts and there was no getting them back. Had to start again but hadn't done much so wasn't the worst. The amount of grinding you've done man, I'd throw the game through the telly if they couldn't get them back!

Ahh if they cant fix it I am done with 2K. I bought the Wrestling last year for the little one and I was gonna get the new one for her now but forget that....the actual game is still there and so are the saves. But the man is invisible in my career, my court and my park and even in the CUT SCENES!!!!

So its unplayable, it was fine today at 2pm and I loaded it up at 5pm and ****ed!

Also my face scan is gone! Was just on the 2K forums and TBH the game is in a ****in mess, reminds me of the division at this stage. Wish I never deleted 2k16!

EVERY YEAR they have awful problems up until Christmas before things get ironed out. Would be ideal to wait and pick up in the new year every year but anyone who picks it up annually mousy likely gets it launch anyway just hoping this year will be different. Since your character is just invisible, he might still be there and hopefully 2k can recover it. Tweet them as well @2ksupport. They seem good to get back to people on that and give updates.

Went online and found a fix for the invisible gltich, just had to re scan my face and it worked. But I also did what 2k support said, they told me to and reload my saved data from the cloud in setting in on my PS4....AND HOLY ****!

I am now back in the middle of the 1st story campaign with the magic on the way to the playoffs!!!! Last all my grind......

Only positive thing I can see is that I am still rated 95 (THANX ****) with all my badges but with this **** team again.

My 2nd save is PROPER ****ed, stuck in a loading loop with no advance menu.....they better sort that without ****ing up my main save. I think I will back it up tonight onto a USB stick.

So I will be able to my park it now Zero if ya wanna shoot some hoops!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Jesus thats some load of crap, what a game-breaking glitch to have knocking around. At least you got most of your work back, they might be able to sort the career stuff too. Ill be back around tonight aswell for a few games if ye have space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hearing this sort of thing makes me glad I hold out every year for this, was going to pick it up in November (which would be earlier than usual) but as Zero said, it's usually after Christmas when they have it running smoothly.

That stuff is sickening to hear Wonda Boy, hope it gets sorted and if not, hopefully 2K will give you a big chunk of VC to make up for it.

Its after leaving a very bad taste in my mouth thats for sure. The grind I did to even win the playoffs with the magic was mental and now I am right back near the start....

Lads I would deffo back up the game files as the auto up load is not worth a fook. If you go into setting and check the date on the cloud save I bet you its months behind the current game. So if this happens to you, you are in the same boat.......so back up the game files now and do it once a week say.

Feck the playoffs man let's **** **** up in pro am/park

Myself and Gregsy absolutely ruining the Park with a 12 game win streak. Admittedly i jumped into their team at game 6 when one left, Greg I was actually lining up to play against ye but took full advantage of the free spot. Shot up to Pro level but then crawled a half a level, even with the wins. I honestly don't know how people have levelled up to all star.

Sent us an invite for a bit off Pro am or Park tonite lads if you are on....no big if you wanna solo it.

Just a quick update:

Game still is glitched big time, 2K forums are swamped with people having major issues not just little bugs.

Even after wiping half my game and my 2nd save unplayable, both my save I cannot upgrade as the upgrade points I had are reset to ZERO. Even my 70 rated "C" should have points left to get him to the default 85-88 and they are gone......****in incredible.

2K support is a joke with pre-scripted crap in such a condescending tone (hey, buddy sorry you have issues but we got your back!!!!)

I wonder where I stand for a refund off steam and for VC I purchased, no point in keeping the game if I cannot even progress both the characters. And I sure as hell not restarting the game with the potential for the same thing to happen again, after grinding for 23 badges on my main save!!

Even the online play is near impossible with the input lag....game should have been released at Xmas after more testing.

1st off, it was class getting 5 for pro-am last night.

2nd, it was shyte how we only got matched against pro/elite teams with all mid 90's ratings. The games are too long to be putting up with that and a think a rage quit takes away a win. We are currently 1-5. Just another 9 wins before we can make custom jerseys and court but unlikely unless we get matched against similar players.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Just catching up on the thread...that sounds like a pain in the arse with your save. I'm only in February of my first season, but after all the time I've put into getting that far, I'd have a mini breakdown if that happened my save.

I must back it up before I play next.

v3ttel wrote: »

I must back it up before I play next.

YES! Deffo, even look at the save in the system and the save in the cloud and I bet they are miles apart.

I was half way through my 2nd season with the cavs on a higher difficulty when I got shafted.

I would just start both saves again but I could not go through the grind for the badges again. The ankle breaker and the mid range dead eye, never mind the limitless range and long range dead eye literally took me about 20 hrs to get!!!!

No way if it cant get sorted I aint playing this knowing I cant upgrade my players!

1st off, it was class getting 5 for pro-am last night.

2nd, it was shyte how we only got matched against pro/elite teams with all mid 90's ratings. The games are too long to be putting up with that and a think a rage quit takes away a win. We are currently 1-5. Just another 9 wins before we can make custom jerseys and court but unlikely unless we get matched against similar players.

It was class alright I was way off the pace last night....just not feeling the love like I did before!!!

The last pro am game I played I scored 28 pts ffs!

• Advertisement

It was class alright I was way off the pace last night....just not feeling the love like I did before!!!

The last pro am game I played I scored 28 pts ffs!

I dunno what it was man, just had a really bad few games. My passng is 2 slots from max upgrade yet my pass to someone 10 feet away with no defender would go out of bounds. Then we couldn't finish open shots/layups, airballs, balls hitting the side the backboard, then the other team dining over our bigs jumping with him, they made way too many contested shots.

My personal favourite was you imbounding the ball and throwing it off the back of our own backboard, that was hilarious. I could have made a full vid of bloopers last night. Haven't felt that **** since first starting career mode and you can't make any shots & turnover every pass.

Then you had the other teams calling timeout when we had a freethrow which ****s up the camera for the shooter and you can't see a meter. Doing that role they're already 25 points up was just annoying.

On the plus side, we had some moments of brilliant teamwork stringing together multiple baskets and defensive stops.

I personally think the way to go online is to get a nice fluid shot animation from the store (curry or durant) and watch the animation and where the ball release is when the bar is green. Then once you know where that sweet spot is on the animation forget the bar altogether, coz thats whats lagging online.

If you can shot off the animation alone when the player is at the top of his jump at the sweet spot you will deffo nail more shots....gonna try it later if I have the stomach to turn the game on......Battlefield 1 cant come quick enough for me TBH, which is a shame as I adore this game!

My personal favourite was you imbounding the ball and throwing it off the back of our own backboard, that was hilarious.

That was absolute gold, it was just so ridiculous that that could actually happen.

It was only trumped by the "wait, is his name septic mickey" comment.
    I personally think the way to go online is to get a nice fluid shot animation from the store (curry or durant) and watch the animation and where the ball release is when the bar is green.

Yeah, definitely. Since I stopped trying to use the bar online, I've started to score a bit more. I just watch the animation (John Wall's is the easiest to pin point the release point for me). I tried Curry's and I couldn't score to save my life with it.

There are times for me where it's so laggy that the animation is so far behind the input that I need to release the button/stick at the start of the animation for it to go in. It's crazy. At the best of times the bar is unusable. At the worst of times, so is the shot animation.

Its proven that the actual best way to do a shot is to make it with the shot creator so you can pick the top half and bottom half animation that you like. You unlock it playing in career mode, but guess what! If you use it, low and behold it ****s your game up and corrupts all sorts.

I think the fact I had 3 saves did not help with my problems, 2 for me and my daughter wanted to make a man an piss about with. But if that is wrecking the game why give enough space for 12 saves.

No response from 2K for the last 2 days now, they could not give a **** TBH apart from the random quick email straight away to show they care and how they got you back buddy.

Seriously going to hit the PSN store for refund and chase 2K for VC money back and do my career in 2k16. At least I got that for free......

Ah i might try that actually. Westbrook gave me his jumpshot animation so will look for that instead as shooting online can be a bit flukey with the meter never stopping where you want.

I find Kevin Durant a nice sharp fluid motion.

Lads just a brief heads up, when you are applying attributes to your player make sure you do it one point at a time or your saves might get corrupted. So if you wanna give your player two bumps to 3 pt shooting buy it once and go to cart and then go to my court, back in and do it again!!! Just so the game can save them individually and not get corrupted. Just been advised this direct from 2K support.....as a possible problem and know issue!!!!

I know its a pain in the ass but anything to stop your game getting fooked like mine guys.

They still have no answers regarding my saves, I have to upload both my files to 2K so the devs can "investigate" them....disaster it is. No idea how to do this and they did not tell me in the email so I have to wait another 3-4 for this ffs!

I think you can back up your saves to a usb drive. Plug in a usb stick, boot on the ps4, head to save files and press triangle, see if there's an option to save to usb. You should then be able to email the files, hopefully.

I started watching my guys shooting animation instead of meter and getting mostly greens now, it's mad how better it.

I haven't used the shot creator (John Wall gave me his animation and I was happy with it) and I only have the one save. I do apply attributes more than one at a time though. I'm at the stage now where I'll only be able to apply them 1 by 1 now anyways.

Hopefully avoiding all of that stuff will be enough to avoid my save getting corrupted.

• Advertisement

Another thing I did not know and was told by 2K this morning, is that when you get to rating 93-95 you CANNOT upgrade anymore with attribute caps no matter how much training you do. You have to play my park to earn the rest of the ratings to get to 100% at superstar 1,3 & 5 level.

Advertisement