Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 2K17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Wish they would fix the online lag before they start hosting this tournaments tbh, but we give it a wack fo sure.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Wish they would fix the online lag before they start hosting this tournaments tbh, but we give it a wack fo sure.

The lag is obviously part of the package as it's played this way year every year.

You won't see that change next year either unless they revolutionise the game and announce a new engine etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Game out a month, 4 patches, broken promises... same as every year. Also, there is a thread on Operation Sports forum about Europeans gett bad lag. So far 2 pages of people confirming. One guy said he heard they actually have designated Europe servers....located in the US. I don't believe it though with the yanks talking shyte.

Anyway, the 1st Mountain Dew 3x Park tourney is on Sunday 23rd Oct. It will have it's own Park that once you load into it, you can't leave without quitting or losing. You will get 2 tokens. When you lose a game, you lose a token. When you win a game, you get your opponents tokens. Out of tokens means you're out of the park and tourney. Tourney finishes when only 1 team is left in the Park so I'm guessing there will be a ton of Parks and winners. I read, but not confirmed, that 500k VC goes to the winners.

You don't need to squad up but would be highly recommended. Wonda, Gregsy, we'll have to arrange some time Sunday to give it a lash if ye're free.

Hands down best thing about winning on My Park is that I get to do my special dance to the lads waiting to play next.

Linky broken above Zero,

On another note, my support ticket got escalated to tier 2. I got some lead tech chap emailing me today and at least he sounds like he knows "Something" and he has a fix for one problem and is working on the other still.

Remains to be seen but he said I will only be working with him from now on.....

• Advertisement

Working now? What's the thing they have a fix for?

Ahh here listen to this, to fix my centre who is only rated 80 and is 7ft defense I had to make a brand new career save as a PG that was exactly 5ft 7 with a specific wingspan and no abilities changed whatsoever, and he said he would "work his magic" #rollseyes.

Its my main save I want fixed not earning any VC ffs.

On a side note, I now have a sharpshooter forward with golds in corner special badge, deep range deadeye and the absolute bastard to get LIMITLESS RANGE! My 3pt shooting is up to 3/4s now so wont be long before we cant switch it up in the park m8. I was grinding last night like a madman...I also have brickwall bronze and defensive stopper.

Sharpshooter will be very handy. I find our best/easiest plays come from me drving in, sucking in another defender before dishing it to Gregsy in the paint or Wonda on the outside so with the sharpshooter stats, we would have a perfect balance of speed, inside and outside. Myself and Gregsy playing with some awful ****e teammates last night so did a bit of 2v2. I always give low level/ low stat guys the benefit of the doubt but they all just shoot as soon as they get the ball. It tends to be funny and I laugh a good bit on how bad some of the games go playing with them but it's annoying runing around looking for another game.

Lots of complaints online about old town being a lag fest so prob better off heading straight to a different park until it gets sorted.

Yeah online really is not fun TBH, I never have a problem getting beaten in any game by other players that are more skillful but when you are getting beaten purely becoz of factors outside your control its nightmare.

Most of these guys cant beat ya one on one when defending, but they can run around 3-4 times till the lag catches us and then 3 pt shot. Then rinse and repeat ffs!

Playing some career last night and checked my stats before turning off the ps4 and saw I'm on 299 assists. Apparently 1 more for the dimer badge. Just saw psn is down and looks like a possible attack. I'll go mental if I cant log in to 2k servers tonight!

• Advertisement

Got my gold Dimer, Ankle Breaker, P&R Maestro, LobCity Passer and Flashy Passer badges. Breaking ankles is one of the best things you can do in this game.

Also lol at 2k for congratulating me on receiving the offer to buy 35k vc and recieve 25% extra free :PAC: **** off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

I'll be on later on if you guys want to have a go at the mountain dew tournament. Probably around half 9 until 12ish hopefully.

Ye still playing?.

I haven't played it in nearly two months but I'm tipping away at the app since I got an Android phone.

It's a slow burner not using the quick match options.
    The bonus VC challenges don't work(the VC doesn't add after) for me either which doesn't help.

They added a new feature this week where you pick the winners of real life games and you seem to get 50 VC per selection... if that's how itll be daily it could be a good earner.
    I only picked tonights games so havent been paid yet to see the returns.

Have not been on in ages, 2K support really took the good out of it for me the bunch of cnuts!!!!

Still have 3 players there hopefully get back into it, but I am playing dare I say it Civ6 (another 2k game ffs) and BF1.

Haven't played in a couple of weeks with tomb raider and batman. Just got watch dogs 2 so will be another while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Im still tipping away at it, they patched the illegal screens which has changed MyPark considerably. The lag in Old town is still there, maybe even worse than before and obvious bugs still remain untouched. Still haven't finished my first season, played a few hours of the playoffs and haven't been motivated to get back to it. Its a good game but hard to stay at it for too long seeing as its so similar to 2k16.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

Anyone find they cant get into My Career. Spike Lee ruined it for me last year

Kal El wrote: »
    Anyone find they cant get into My Career. Spike Lee ruined it for me last year

Its alot better this time around, I have won the playoffs with 3 different teams.

So Park after dark was on last night in the US at 9pm EST and lasted 3 hours. Snoop Dogg was there as DJ playing new music. Thought Euro got screwed until I saw a random pic of gameplay saying Europe has it from 9 our time tonight. Anyone have a look at it yet? Yanks complaining about it big time about lag, freezing and games just not starting.

The game is such a let down.

I'm 100% out if they don't change the engine. It has loads of fundamental flaws that are never going to change.

I turned it on a few days ago, first time in about 2 months.

Went to the Park, we have a 64 "shot creator" and boy did he live to the name, takes a silly shot with two players on him, next possession he gets blocked on a jumper.
    At 12-4 I see space, dribble into it and shoot but it ends up being contested so I quit out.

The guy I'm marking is a 90 odd, doing the zig zag bull... if you press one way its laughable how long it takes to get back... No wonder people do it.

You'd stomach the defensive bull with friends but not with the randomers wrecking offensive.

So I go into my career.
    Its just so needlessly boring.
    The AI runs offensive regardless of settings its 90% a high post play that ends with a miss 90% of the time.
    In the plays where the AI decides not to take on the shot they often just stand there facing the basket for 5-10 seconds doing nothing until the play clock runs out.

I leave that at HT and turn it off completely.

Its just little things like them that ruin the game, god forbid the AI could maybe play like AI and if the play breaks down to get people in motion and pass it.
    Same issues for years now, AI runs offensive regardless which is trash and the AI plays like stupid robots when things break down.

• Advertisement

Yeah I really cant stomach to turn it back on.....pure cash cow for them now. Since 2K16 the VC costs more and you now get even less.......so **** 2K I still have a ticket open with them and they could not give two ****s!

Havent been able to load up my career all day :mad:
    Keeps freezing on the loading screen

• Registered Users Posts: 6 QT2

Using faces for gta mods

Made a new character as my game wouldnt load. Choose to be a centre for a change and its great craic. So different to being a pg. I made myself 7 3 and athletic. Hoping this one doesnt get that freeze bug, its putting me off actually buying coins reading about it

Welcome to my world mate, I had 3 saves ****ed up and have been with 2k support since about a week after the game launched. Still not resolved and they could not give a flying fcuk TBH.

Welcome to my world mate, I had 3 saves ****ed up and have been with 2k support since about a week after the game launched. Still not resolved and they could not give a flying fcuk TBH.

Read some horror stories about it. Was sickened but hey at least I tried out something different. The more I play the more I realise Im Hassan Whiteside :pac: all blocks

Still if you on PS4 we have a team that you are more then welcome to play on....could have a few games of Park or Pro am.

Still if you on PS4 we have a team that you are more then welcome to play on....could have a few games of Park or Pro am.

How do I join a team?? Im very low rated tbh :o

Kal El wrote: »
    How do I join a team?? Im very low rated tbh :o

Doesnt matter mate, I am 96 or something and I **** lol.....go into my court and then select my park and join on my name if you can.

• Advertisement

I wish I didn't buy the digital version.

I'd sell this game in a heart beat if I could.

Just so needlessly annoying.

Been try to play MyTeam lately.

Playing Blacktop mainly.
    It's the exact same as 2016, every player acts as a shooter. If you get two bigs/two non shooters you're fudged as they stand on the perimeter.
    It's just so annoying that I can't dictate how my players approach the game.

Then a new addition to 2k17 is this steal rubbish.
    There's ZERO incentive not to spam the steal button now. You'd be standing there waiting on a screen etc and they just take it cleanly off you.

If it's a 5v5 the player has no chance of fouling out in a 5min quarter game and foul trouble is rare, in the Blacktop the only risk is going cold.

Every single player I've played is spamming steal every possession and it just seems to be worth the foul chance, they don't happen enough and they steal it far too much even when you're standing still.
    I've never seen Chris Paul get the ball knocked free outside of the dribble as much in my life.

Same issues again for year gazillion with the camera.
    Use 2k and players disappear out of view, use TV and you can't see the far end of the court.

Same with the pausing, someone can just pause it, mid possession for 2mins and unpause it whenever they want. Who thought that system was worth going with never mind keeping year after year.

Most of the issues are just really needless or unnecessary.

I'm trying to plug away here but just feel like uninstalling it and cutting my losses.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great game if you can play the Park or that with friends on mic, if you don't have that the SP and online multiplayer are so frustrating.
    The game plays horribly 5v5, the opponent could be playing like a chump but it's still hard to beat them with delays, dodgey passing etc.

Advertisement