Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 2K17

Options
  • 08-08-2016 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭

Releasing on Tue 20th of September or you can get it early on the Friday 16th by preordering either digital or physical.

PSN store - €70 Irish or €54 on US/CAD stores
    Smyths - €65
    Gamestop - €70
    The Game Collection - €47 (£40)

Preordering the regular edition gets you 35k VC for NBA 2K16 right now, and myteam cards for 17. You can spring an extra 20 quid for the Kobe version which gets you 30k VC in 17 plus Kobe gear for your my player or if you want to spend 100-110 euro, you get the legend edition which includes 100k VC (What a load of bollix)

I'm a sucker for these so will most likely be getting it on launch but interested to see what others are doing. Long time fans giving up on the series? New fans getting 2K16 on PS+ hooked on the series now?

It's very very strange that the game is being released in 5 weeks (earlier than normal) and there is almost zero information about the game. A screenshot of Team USA, both old and new, but read that there are no other international teams.

Also read that a lot of information is being held back until Gamescom in Germany next weekend but I find it weird that 2K would hold back info on a game with the majority of it's buyers in the US for a European con

https://twitter.com/NBA2K/status/759505138973155328

https://twitter.com/NBA2K/status/760282753208246272

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

I'll be buying this for Xbox one. Havnt had either 2k15 or 2k16 and enjoy basketball games. Having said that though the pictures don't look like the quality of expect them to be in terms of graphics

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Soundtrack listing released. I don't even know most of them but they sound like hipster ****heads. There's 3 Drake songs (3 too many)

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-basketball/886475-nba-2k17-soundtrack-revealed.html

Also a trailer was released for the Olympic team but it's cack, no gamelay, just US national anthem with the players lined up looking patriotic. Horse**** 2K

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

As someone who hasn't played a basketball game since NBA Jam back in the day, I was delighted to see 2K16 on PS+. Downloaded it, and immediately hated it. It's so convoluted, it's worse than the Fifa games for the amount of different combinations and ways to shoot. I googled, I watched videos, but I still couldn't get enough baskets to win. I had to give up during the college section of My Player. And you need VC to upgrade your player, with little to no way of earning any without paying actual money (or, at least I couldn't find any way other than watching those videos in the gym, but that's so painful...).

Even had a mate who had 2K15 and he said 2K16 was terrible in comparison, he too couldn't get the shots in. So if the gameplay is the same as 2K16, i'm out. Which is a shame, i'd love a good game like Jam. I'm sure fanboys and diehard fans love the complexity, but like Fifa, it's a turn off to new players. At least in Fifa I could still score, just not fancy.

Yeah it's not kind to new players especially new players don't know about basketball. In My Career, during the school/college/1st season, you will miss a lot of shots unless you are wide open. Game wants you to play a support role starting off until you have enough attributes upgraded. It's a big complaint every year as you also start your career as a **** player.

You don't earn VC until you get to the nba and then you get about 600-800 in average depending on your grade and if ye win, so you cant actually start upgrading your player until you get to the nba.

Series needs a serious tutorial mode for new players bit it's content being the leading bball game on b the market. EA nba Live isn't even releasing a game this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Never played any of the other games, but DL the 2K16 on PS+ and absolutely love it. Yes, very steep learning curve but its a brilliant game. I have a PG with a rating of 82 and getting better by the day....just traded to the Thunder so I can play with Durrant and Westbrook, average about 20 pts a game.

Cant wait for the new one....

• Advertisement

Some leaked footage from Gamescom with apparently more to come. 2K seriously need to release official gameplay AND info soon, game is being released in under a month.

Looks like it's a lot smoother and quicker than last year.

Yeah deffo need to release more footage, very weird that they are doing this.

Still cant wait for it all the same.....just bought the rockets BB top in footlocker with Harden on it....I AM SWAGGED OUT bruh!

A lot of the nba 2k community not happy and one of the higher profile guys made a rant video about it. LD2K (community manager) sent him an amazon link to buy tissues. Was funny but cmon, I'm not preordering this until I know some info about the game. blind pre-orders only hurt the games industries cuz devs know they can do wtf they want.

Ronnie2k said this time next week, we will all need those tissues for tear of joy.....hhhmmmm we'll see Ronnie.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

At this stage, surely the novelty of playing as the '92 Dream Team etc. have worn off? Every single legend of the game has had numerous forms in the last few years. I could do with leaving it for a year or two.

1st trailer, Looks like any other year tbh. Apparently a lot of info being released this week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    1st trailer, Looks like any other year tbh. Apparently a lot of info being released this week.

They always do look great though, no surprise really.

Good hands on from polygon. Sounds like stone really nice additions this year like 2K University which is a new tutorial mode they created after all the feedback about the game being too hard to pick up.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/8/22/12561530/nba-2k17-preview-gameplay-hands-on-impressions

You have to time layups now just like jumpshots. While driving to the basket, you can use the left stick to move into/away from people to make it more physical on offense.

A big thing for me this year will be steals. I hate how random it was. Hitting the steal button would either do nothing or cause a foul, about 3%chance of a steal. This year you can time steals. If a guy is dribbling right in front of you, you can time the button press. Makes you guard the ball more like real life.

Ai help defense improved with ai teammmates leaving their guy to help protectc the paint. This was a big problem in 2k16

Also it says they've added in more skill. They realise most matches payed are solo in career, my park or pro am, all with created characters. So they don't want you racing to a high rating and dominating. They want you to be able to control the sticks whether it's shooting or dribbling and give the player more control to distinguish skill from just a high rating. Sounds really good if they can pull it off.

Good hands on from polygon. Sounds like stone really nice additions this year like 2K University which is a new tutorial mode they created after all the feedback about the game being too hard to pick up.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/8/22/12561530/nba-2k17-preview-gameplay-hands-on-impressions

You have to time layups now just like jumpshots. While driving to the basket, you can use the left stick to move into/away from people to make it more physical on offense.

A big thing for me this year will be steals. I hate how random it was. Hitting the steal button would either do nothing or cause a foul, about 3%chance of a steal. This year you can time steals. If a guy is dribbling right in front of you, you can time the button press. Makes you guard the ball more like real life.

Ai help defense improved with ai teammmates leaving their guy to help protectc the paint. This was a big problem in 2k16

Also it says they've added in more skill. They realise most matches payed are solo in career, my park or pro am, all with created characters. So they don't want you racing to a high rating and dominating. They want you to be able to control the sticks whether it's shooting or dribbling and give the player more control to distinguish skill from just a high rating. Sounds really good if they can pull it off.
    Happy to hear about steals, been a bit a crab shoot through the years

Game Informer posted about career and then deleted it. Apparently it said career mode is moving away from the spike lee story and instead will focus on building the greatest duo in nba history.

Sounds like 1 of 2 things. Either you just team up with the star on your current team which sounds boring and nba players have always had zero personality in cutscenes.

Or, 2k might create a new character who gets drafted to the same team as you and build a storyline of both of you working together on/off the court. That would be more interesting imo.

Game Informer posted about career and then deleted it. Apparently it said career mode is moving away from the spike lee story and instead will focus on building the greatest duo in nba history.

Sounds like 1 of 2 things. Either you just team up with the star on your current team which sounds boring and nba players have always had zero personality in cutscenes.

Or, 2k might create a new character who gets drafted to the same team as you and build a storyline of both of you working together on/off the court. That would be more interesting imo.
    Thank God, I hated Spike Lees story, it was the worst. Sounds similar to the other story a few years ago with the rival. Which was my fave story so im not actually complaining

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Charizard wrote: »
    Thank God, I hated Spike Lees story, it was the worst. Sounds similar to the other story a few years ago with the rival. Which was my fave story so im not actually complaining

What? You mean the story where the main character's name is Frequency Vibrations is bad? Best story ever :p

titan18 wrote: »
    What? You mean the story where the main character's name is Frequency Vibrations is bad? Best story ever :p
    God I hate it just stop :pac:, it was cringe the whole way through, I started a new one but quit it straight away.
    There was one a few years ago that was my fav, you had a rival who was drafted same time as you

Ah my nemesis Jackson Ellis, that was good alright. This sounds like it might be the opposite but would be hard to implement if you get traded.

The official companion app will be released 8th sept and will have face scanning tech to get your face in the game using your phone/tablet. I got a loan of a camera for ps4 and did it with 2k15 and after about an hour of trying, got a brilliant result. Way too much hassle to try it with 2k16 so glad they finally ditched needing a ps4 camera.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-basketball/887672-nba-2k17-face-scanning-app-mynba2k17-arrives-sept-8-ios-android.html

Coolaboola, so I will have the ladies and the money. WIN WIN situation.....lol

• Advertisement

Now this sounds ****ing class

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-basketball/887929-get-head-start-your-nba-2k17-mycareer-september-9-prelude.html

A week before release, you can download a mini version of the game for My Career. Create a character using the new app and play college games building your draft worth. When the main game releases, it will go straight into the nba draft then.

Also a new tutorial mode will be included for new fans. Bravo 2K.

Career looking class, the body types and individual stat groups are mules better as well. Looks like you can get called up to Team USA.

All sounds good so far... But like FIFA I constantly find myself getting peeved at the same things which are easily fixable.

*Will the 2k camera zoom out enough so I can see all my players.
    *Will passing get to a level where I don't need to use the icons(too slow at times)
    *Will I be double teamed, automatically, every possession, when I score a certain amount and pass a certain line.
    *will my teammates double dominating players more themselves without me having to leave my player... Will all this scrambling feel more natural and realistic(I see they said players will leave in the paint so maybe that's done).
    *Can I just create and use my own play books
    *Expand MyTeam... Gold cups, Silver Cups, Bronze Cups. Why is it limited to Bronze then Bronze/Silver and Gold. Give me more ways to play and enjoy the silver and bronze players.

My main issues with the game are these smaller details but they just ruin the longevity of the game. I can't get why these things aren't fixed first off.

75 changes to NBA 2K17

http://www.operationsports.com/features/2566/nba-2k17-features-improvements-across-the-board-heres-75-of-them/

My Team now had Blacktop 3v3 quick match which sounds like we can play our My Teams against each other which would be class.

Pro-Am now has a roster for your team so someone creates a team and can invite 9 other people. Anytime 5 of those are online, ye can head into a pro-am game from My Park. This is handy as hard to arrange 5 people on at the same time. Owner doesn't even have to be part of the 5, any 5 from the roster.

Lots of other little things, worth the read. Travelling 16k miles to record the different sound a dribbling ball makes in all the different courts is a bit much imo :)

Dev explaining new gameplay features. Done really good details in there about shooting, steals, passes, etc. Well worth the long read.

http://www.operationsports.com/features/2568/nba-2k17-gameplay-blog-with-gameplay-director-mike-wang-/

Dev blog all about Career mode. Michael B Jordan will be playing your friend Justice who you team up with. When both on the court at the same time, you can give Justice specific instructions (pick, cut, etc) and also even control him. This is a huge addition and will be interesting to see how it's handled.

They said Spikes story was too dark abs this year will be more fun.

https://m.facebook.com/notes/nba-2k/nba-2k17-mycareer-blog/10153795803517267

Sweet cheers for info m8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

Is the game collection all digital download?

Carroller wrote: »
    Is the game collection all digital download?

As in of you buy it from the site The Game Collection? That would be a physical copy. Digital from the psn or xbox store.

• Advertisement

Ton of info released.

My Park After Dark. Night Version of My Park with DJ, crowd and special effects. My Park has new match making so noobs won't be put into the same server as vets unless invited. This is huge as it wrecked My Park for me last year. Playing against 7ft 99's who played career on lowest difficulty to unlock badges and level up quick was a complete bollix as they were unstoppable.

My Park will now have dunk contests and 3pt shootouts.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/nba_2k17/b/playstation4/archive/2016/09/02/89-things-we-know-about-nba-2k17.aspx

Advertisement