Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Effects wrote: »
    200 fathoms in the fridge in Molloys on Francis St.

The rest of you can stay away from it!
    . Had a **** day today and have subsequently failed dry January.
    But I failed good with a can of Lineman Giganticer. A great barrell aged stout, and the year round availability really increases its cred.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭TXPTGR1

Celebrating end of dry January with a few kinnegars here , scraper bay and devils backbone(haven’t had the devils before)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

TXPTGR1 wrote: »
    Celebrating end of dry January with a few kinnegars here , scraper bay and devils backbone(haven’t had the devils before)

:confused:

Gregorian calendar?

Zaph wrote: »
    :confused:

Gregorian calendar?

The end of dry january on my own personal calendar- not this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

Put in another order in Craftdirect.ie, this time stout heavy, and while I'm staying away from all those ridiculous sounding pastry stouts, i did go for Boundary's chipotle stout and Firestone walkers cherry stout, as well as load of brown ales.

Really want some smoked beer or rauchbier, but most places sold out. i see beercloud do them, but not shipping bottles at the moment due to a cardboard shortage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Beanstalk wrote: »
    Really want some smoked beer or rauchbier, but most places sold out. i see beercloud do them, but not shipping bottles at the moment due to a cardboard shortage.

It's your lucky day(tomorrow).

https://twitter.com/whiplashbeer/status/1351502179744550914

One for next week so! Cheers!

that with a rich sherry based whiskey would be beautiful, the same way a nice smoky scotch is lovely with a nice rich stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

irish_goat wrote: »

Release 2 of 3 due this week from Whiplash. First was a Citra DIPA and the 3rd is TBA.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭DelmarODonnell

Put in another order in Craftdirect.ie, this time stout heavy, and while I'm staying away from all those ridiculous sounding pastry stouts, i did go for Boundary's chipotle stout and Firestone walkers cherry stout, as well as load of brown ales.

Blackrock Cellar always have a good supply of Rauchbier. I got a couple from Craftbeersdelivered.com 2 weeks ago

Blackrock Cellar always have a good supply of Rauchbier. I got a couple from Craftbeersdelivered.com 2 weeks ago

Thanks! How quickly do they deliver?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Seems to be some Fatal Deviation up on the Whiplash site now.

Was gonna pull the trigger on a couple. But I have some 200F still there and at 15 a can and with less than stellar reviews here I decided against.

Seems to be some Fatal Deviation up on the Whiplash site now.

Was gonna pull the trigger on a couple. But I have some 200F still there and at 15 a can and with less than stellar reviews here I decided against.

Was thinking about doing same tomorrow (to fill out the order to the minimum 6 can requirement), but like yourself - hard to justify €15 a pop when I still have 200 Fathoms (x 3 - I bought into the hype with the box set!) plus a couple more barrel aged stouts from the Christmas to finish out.

Thanks! How quickly do they deliver?

My order two weeks ago probably took 3 days from ordering. Not sure about Blackrock Cellar for delivery times or how far they will deliver

I see porterhouse round the clock won the ICBI beer of th year
    http://icbi.ie/beer-of-the-year/

20 breweries entered what they felt was their best beer- 7 of the 20 submitted stouts
    Unbelievably 1 bunch of morons submitted a pastry stout:confused::pac::pac:
    Cringe

irish_goat wrote: »

The third release is a Schwarzbier.

https://twitter.com/whiplashbeer/status/1351847922414059521

Order placed for the 3 new releases, plus a can each of Bone Machine, Body Riddle & Rollover. Had hoped to get a can of the Disco Mystics but it's off their webshop now. Couldn't bring myself to splash out on their barrel aged effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,318 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Pulled the trigger on the mixtape #3 dark beer as Melody Noir has been on the wish list for a bit, and I've liked any smoked beer, and scharwzbeir, I've had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

I see porterhouse round the clock won the ICBI beer of th year
    http://icbi.ie/beer-of-the-year/

20 breweries entered what they felt was their best beer- 7 of the 20 submitted stouts
    Unbelievably 1 bunch of morons submitted a pastry stout:confused::pac::pac:
    Cringe

Well deserved in my opinion, unreal beer.

For those of us who were lucky enough to enjoy the Mother Mac's Christmas box, they had all three (gold, silver, bronze) beers in their box, the lads have good taste!

Is there a link to the submitted beers? Just out of interest. Didn't get the Porterhouse one, but the other two medal winners well deserved.

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Is there a link to the submitted beers? Just out of interest. Did get the Porterhouse one, but the other two medal winners well deserved.

Would also love to see who submitted what.

Missed out on Porterhouse's stouts, but had the silver & bronze medallists in the past, both super.

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Pulled the trigger on the mixtape #3 dark beer as Melody Noir has been on the wish list for a bit, and I've liked any smoked beer, and scharwzbeir, I've had.
    Fair play to whiplash, scrapped in before 12 (for same day dispatch), arrived to Wicklow this morning before 10!

• Advertisement

Tried some thumper last night, just lovely stuff
    Had a black bucket also - gorgeous
    They are miles ahead of the likes of white hag

Tried some thumper last night, just lovely stuff
    Had a black bucket also - gorgeous
    They are miles ahead of the likes of white hag

I dunno if I would say miles, but I love Kinnegar, I can't remember a bad beer I have had from them, or one I wouldn't return to. Black bucket is a sensational Black IPA.

Thumper is a deadly Double IPA, and most times you get it for 3 euro in Craft Central, which is probably the biggest bargain for a beer of the quality that you will get.

Not forgetting Scraggy and Rustbucket, which I drink unholy amounts of, and usually have a stock of in.

I dunno if I would say miles, but I love Kinnegar, I can't remember a bad beer I have had from them, or one I wouldn't return to. Black bucket is a sensational Black IPA.

Thumper is a deadly Double IPA, and most times you get it for 3 euro in Craft Central, which is probably the biggest bargain for a beer of the quality that you will get.

Not forgetting Scraggy and Rustbucket, which I drink unholy amounts of, and usually have a stock of in.

Rust bucket would be a staple of mine but black bucket on another level
    Thing with Kinnegar is the specials are actually nice and balanced too not just lucky dip novelty ****e, just a more mature feeling all round from their marketing through to packaging and actual liquid.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭flended12

Been quite a long time since i had any kinnegars. That will change this weekend.

Black Bucket is up there with one of the best beers I've had (albeit coming from a low sample size relative to most everyone else). Which reminds me, I should pick up one next time I see it.

Their Brewers at Play series is a lot of fun. Some weird, unique, experimental runs. All very well made, and none veering into gimmicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Helmet

Big fan of Kinnegar. Scraggy and Rustbucket are two of my favourite beers, but Black Bucket is hard to beat. Can't wait to see what comes out of their wild beer set up in Rathmullan!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

It's the monthly Kinnegar love in!
    At least I didn't start this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭JoeLapira

Had a couple of cans of Just Because DIPA from Brehon last night, lovely beer and love the new branding the brewery have now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Black Bucket is up there with one of the best beers I've had (albeit coming from a low sample size relative to most everyone else). Which reminds me, I should pick up one next time I see it.

Their Brewers at Play series is a lot of fun. Some weird, unique, experimental runs. All very well made, and none veering into gimmicks.

The Cherry sour they released was good, can't beat Big Bunny though.
    Although, Double bunny is delicious as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Stuck with my local petrol stations slightly baffling selection, because I had forgotten I was off tomorrow and could stay up later.

Their craft options are O'Haras DIPA, O'Haras Hop Adventure series, O'Haras OpSession, McGargles Francis, McGargles Rosies and that's basically it. Its been the same, bar the Hop Adventures changing when the hop changes, for four years.

But they're all in the fridge, which is what counts. Hop Adventure Centennial is still working well.

Advertisement