Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Classic Mini

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Dangerfield is far too rotted down by now, you'd need something fresher.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Finally got to play my mates NES mini last night

Two things to note, I completely forgot how hard Super Mario Bros is after such a long time away. But what a game.
    Also, Tecmo Bowl still breaks my heart.

(Finished the night with a blast of Super Smash Bros, Soul Calibur II and Eternal Darkness on GC)

PPS. The switch is a thing of beauty. And Mario Kart 8 is gorgeous.

---

Delighted to hear about Nintendo copping on re the NES. Whoop. I'll own one yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Dangerfield is far too rotted down by now, you'd need something fresher.

Was gonna go with Chris Farley instead but Dangerfield was up for it. :)

Cex is a strange one for the pricing but I do think they base it on adverts and ebay type pricing too and the nes mini still gets put up at crazy prices on such sites, look at the uk cex compared to here though is even crazier but the uk has a lot more stores and stock compared to irish cex stores.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Finally got to play my mates NES mini last night

Two things to note, I completely forgot how hard Super Mario Bros is after such a long time away. But what a game.
    Also, Tecmo Bowl still breaks my heart.

(Finished the night with a blast of Super Smash Bros, Soul Calibur II and Eternal Darkness on GC)

PPS. The switch is a thing of beauty. And Mario Kart 8 is gorgeous.

---

Delighted to hear about Nintendo copping on re the NES. Whoop. I'll own one yet.

You should try Super Mario Bros 2, the Famicom Disk System one, it's insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I bought a Chinese clone NES mini on eBay for £19 from a guy in UK. Very impressed with the 500 games on it lol. Really theres about 300 games on it, far from the advertised 500. Most are official with some weird home grown titles. Only bought it to do a raspberry pi conversion since I have a real NES mini I did not want to butcher.

Clone is identical bar "Entertainment System" written on the front. No HDMI output though but my new pi3 I ordered will solve that. The controllers are abit dodgy though but I won't be using them on the pi anyways.

I think it's well worth £19 for what it can do though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Really hope that CEX get stung by this. Every single store has a dozen or so NES Mini's behind the counter, they're asking for €200 for them and it'd be great to see demand just disappear.

Why ?

Its supply and demand. Do you expect them to give them away at cost ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

A lot of the Supply issues / High demand were created by people specifically buying these to flip them. It's artificial. It's not a traditional supply and demand model, it's profiteering. Where a manufacturer and a retailer have positive contribution to the process of uniting consumers with consumer goods, Flippers and Scalpers just add cost and latency. CEX feed that by making it easier to flip a product for a modest profit without having to risk getting battered in a carpark by someone who never had the €200 quid you asked them for or deal with the guilt of taking €200 quid from a weeping mother who just wants her little Eric to have a good christmas.

CEX bought high and are selling higher. They are adding nothing positive to the chain here. Instead of people rediscovering the joy of playing NES, the majority of them are sitting in glass cases waiting for someone who'll never play them either to buy them and move them to another glass case. So yes, I think it's fair to want to see them get their hands burned.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭eamo22

Walked past cex today 3 boxed down to 180 and unboxed 150.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

eamo22 wrote: »
    Walked past cex today 3 boxed down to 180 and unboxed 150.

Warms the cockles of the heart

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Certainly wouldn't pay anything extra for the boxed version. Was walking past CEX in Liffey Street today and noticed that they had all their boxed versions in the window and that the boxes were all really badly faded from being in the sunlight for so long.

• Advertisement

I go in looking for ps2 or ps3 games that I might not have in my collection and was looking in my local store recently and the boxes are dumped in a corner with big white stickers on them. The 4 nes are in the front window no boxes. I missed the nes and was going to gamble they would drop to 125 or that and pick one up. So hearing the news of new ones Im delighted I didnt panic buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

eamo22 wrote: »
    I go in looking for ps2 or ps3 games that I might not have in my collection and was looking in my local store recently and the boxes are dumped in a corner with big white stickers on them. The 4 nes are in the front window no boxes. I missed the nes and was going to gamble they would drop to 125 or that and pick one up. So hearing the news of new ones Im delighted I didnt panic buy.
    Bear in mind the SNES Mini firmware can be dumped on the NES mini so it stands to reason that it will cut both ways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

After purchasing the SNES Classic I can't wait to pre-order the re-released NES. Anyone see any information regarding when in 2018 they are going to re-release?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

After purchasing the SNES Classic I can't wait to pre-order the re-released NES. Anyone see any information regarding when in 2018 they are going to re-release?

I had June in my head, but not sure why I think that.
    Think I saw it on one of those gaming news shows on youtube. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Just a heads up, dealz are selling a gioteck turbo controller for the nes mini. It has a 3m cable. I just picked one up for €6.

Nintendo America have said it will be back in stores the 29th of June. Noting from there Uk or European twitters just yet. Persume it will be the same

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Might pick another one up, to match the Famicom Mini.
    Plus, I have the two extra controllers bought from Dealz, with the extra long cords, might as well put them to some use.

By "put them to some use" I of course mean they will sit next to hacked but otherwise unplayed Mini consoles.

Sad but true....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Do you want the special Shonen Jump edition of the Mini coming out in Japan?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,522 ✭✭✭Inviere

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Do you want the special Shonen Jump edition of the Mini coming out in Japan?

Ffs...must resist....or at least....try to...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭peter4918

I missed out the last time on this. Will Smyths or GameStop be doing pre-orders on these? Well smyths hopefully because GameStop were a disaster with the snes mini.

peter4918 wrote: »
    I missed out the last time on this. Will Smyths or GameStop be doing pre-orders on these? Well smyths hopefully because GameStop were a disaster with the snes mini.

Gamestop have preorders online 74.99.

I will definitely get one in the re-issue, just have to find the proper space to display the three of them, no space as it is!
    I've had an offer from She Who Must Be Obeyed to move some of my collection further into the available space upstairs... might take her up on the offer and then head to Ikea to get some storage, or see what's on Adverts.

Be careful. What does She want in return?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Be careful. What does She want in return?

Oh the usual.
    Pledge eternal fealty, do as I'm told, other details to be determined as circumstances dictate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Sound, just noticed this post now, thanks. Pre-order done!

Amazon is selling it directly for £64.99, so about €74 not including the extra Irish VAT difference. They won't have it in stock now until July 13th.

Sound, just noticed this post now, thanks. Pre-order done!

Amazon is selling it directly for £64.99, so about €74 not including the extra Irish VAT difference. They won't have it in stock now until July 13th.
    You're welcome, congrats on getting the pre-order in.

Hopefully there won't be scalping this time around, I think they are making plenty of units.

£49.99 in Smyths UK. Can't preorder for delivery at the moment though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Are the separate Nes classic controllers supposed to be getting a re-release aswell? I missed out on those first time around

Advertisement