Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Classic Mini

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Sell it for whatever you want.

But prepare for the dire consequences

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If you sell it for scalper prices, but use that money to buy SNES Minis and donate them to poor crippled orphans with terminal illnesses that won't survive long enough to see a restock... Where's the line now, huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, what's the morally acceptable price to sell a Nes Mini Classic these days?
    Thinking of selling mine, it's not gotten any play whatsoever, and when I do want to play classic Nintendo I have plenty of other options instead.
    Of course, with my track record, I'll immediately regret it and go and buy it again....
    ill pay you whatever you want.... been looking for one for so long. dibs if you are selling it please?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭Inviere

So, what's the morally acceptable price to sell a Nes Mini Classic these days?
    Thinking of selling mine, it's not gotten any play whatsoever, and when I do want to play classic Nintendo I have plenty of other options instead.
    Of course, with my track record, I'll immediately regret it and go and buy it again....

Just keep it, it'll look nice on a shelf alongside your impending Snes Mini...& then you'll have the complete 'minis' collection. Besides, you'll just end up wanting another one but it'll come at treble the price! It's Ninty hardware :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Give it to me as you'd have never got it in the first place without my suave OCD attention to detail, reward the needy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

When it comes to money even the most respectible of people will chance their arm and up the price while the going is good. Most do it, unfortunately. I don't promote scalpers at all but I accept it's there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I think now that the Nes Mini is discontinued, you have a moral imperative to charge over the odds as selling it for cost is tantamount to passing the burden of the temptation to scalp to another. It's like a Ringu curse. Do the noble thing. Sell it for 180 quid. Let the curse end with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Banjo wrote: »
    I think now that the Nes Mini is discontinued, you have a moral imperative to charge over the odds as selling it for cost is tantamount to passing the burden of the temptation to scalp to another. It's like a Ringu curse. Do the noble thing. Sell it for 180 quid. Let the curse end with you!

I agree with banjo (partly) since you couldn't gurantee the person buying it from you might not sell it for a mark up. Sell it for whatever you want, basically.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Don't know now....
    Reckon I'll instantly regret it.
    Feck.

Note I said give it not sell it, I'll give it a good home in my Smaug style cave. Or just hold a massive monkey knife fight to the death charging €5 entry fee to a bunch of scalpers get 32 put them in groups of 4 and do a league esque ranking system for round one, round robin for the other rounds,added bonus is its to the death so 31 scalpers die one gets your nes for €5 but you make €160 and make the world of gaming a safer place.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, a raffle for a tenner a head and get 50 people to enter....
    (twirls moustache theatrically)

Inviere wrote: »
    Just keep it, it'll look nice on a shelf alongside your impending Snes Mini...& then you'll have the complete 'minis' collection. Besides, you'll just end up wanting another one but it'll come at treble the price! It's Ninty hardware :)

That's the thing.
    I've got the real deal right there, and I don't even have anything but contempt for the NES console.
    Now the Famicom, that's gorgeous, but the NES....
    Plus, it'd mean I wouldn't feel guilty about buying the Famicom Twin if the price is largely covered by the sale of the NES Mini Classic.
    I'd rather sell it on to a regular too, but there's no way to legit do that.
    I'll post the Adverts link if I am selling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

That's the thing.
    I've got the real deal right there, and I don't even have anything but contempt for the NES console.
    Now the Famicom, that's gorgeous, but the NES....
    Plus, it'd mean I wouldn't feel guilty about buying the Famicom Twin if the price is largely covered by the sale of the NES Mini Classic.
    I'll post the Adverts link if I am selling it.

You will regret it, it's a thing of beauty IMO....

Check with Optimus, it might qualify for the Marketplace considering it's basically an NES

Inviere wrote: »
    Check with Optimus, it might qualify for the Marketplace considering it's basically an NES

Hmmm.... might just do that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Hmmm.... might just do that

Just FYI, I started up the NES Mini this morn for a quick game of Double Dragon after about 2 months not using it (PSVR has been dominating my life lately), and it's still superb and perfect for 10 minute plays before you pop to work.

I reckon keep it as you'll regret it later.

mrcheez wrote: »
    Just FYI, I started up the NES Mini this morn for a quick game of Double Dragon after about 2 months not using it (PSVR has been dominating my life lately), and it's still superb and perfect for 10 minute plays before you pop to work.

I reckon keep it as you'll regret it later.

I've so many ways to play Famicom games, from the Retron 5 to the NES, an actual Famicom and now the Famicom Twin.
    As much as it's a nice little bit of Ninty hardware, it has literally not been used since I installed a load of games on day three of owning it, or so.
    And it'll just wind up being sunbleached in the gamesroom over time.

Sounds like a mathematical nightmare! Don't forget my cut.

B_ha76FWwAAqlqX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I have a new boxed famicom mini that I can trade for it if you'd be interested.

• Advertisement

I have a new boxed famicom mini that I can trade for it if you'd be interested.

Now... There's a thing....
    Let me think about that and I'll get right back to you

After all that I traded my Nes Mini for a Famicom Mini with Cherry Cola

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Enjoy and thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Pique

I was very confused until CC replied. I thought it was a custom paint job or even...a can of Cherry Coke thrown in as a bonus. LOL.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Pique wrote: »
    I was very confused until CC replied. I thought it was a custom paint job or even...a can of Cherry Coke thrown in as a bonus. LOL.

Dont feel so bad, I thought the same! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

faceman wrote: »
    Dont feel so bad, I thought the same! :o
    And me!
    Glad to see it was kept in the community. Too many of these still in scalpers hands..

The Famicom Mini fits better with the rest of my collection, plus I don't like the design of the NES and, though I own one, I prefer to play my NES games on my original Famicom and Famicom Twin via an adaptor.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭surrealname

Amazon.es had some up earlier this morn

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭surrealname

Amazon.es had some up earlier this morn

Soz that was for the snes forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Saw a boxed mini NES in Cex in Sligo for 200euro earlier today, is there still a crazy demand?

Advertisement