Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Classic Mini

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

All I can say is, I'm glad I've mine. Had some laugh playing Nintendo World Cup few weeks back.
    Anyone know if the mini supports 4 player?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Same can be said for people asuming they purchased 10 instead of 1

Do people assume that? If someone bought one just to sell it for profit they are a scalper. If someone genuinely bought one to use it and want to then sell it after, not much wrong with that of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Corholio wrote: »
    Do people assume that? If someone bought one just to sell it for profit they are a scalper. If someone genuinely bought one to use it and want to then sell it after, not much wrong with that of course.

Not if they sell it for a reasonable price aka what they paid or less

Anyone who are selling it multiple times it's rrp are scalpers and scummy ****e bags

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I wasn't looking to buy one when I did, I was just keeping my eye out and had an alert on an Argo stock checking website which any/all could have done if they really wanted one. One evening I got an alert they came in stock, reserved it and bought it next day. Played with it a little and then it went into the corner.

A few weeks later I saw it in the corner and thought 'I really should pass this on to someone who would really want it.' So I let a fellow boardsie in the gaming circle know I had one for sale and they let someone on this thread know I had one going expecting that whoever was interested would jump at the chance and rock up to pick it up asap...
    Received - 11-04-2017@14:56 - asked if I had one for sale
    I replied - 11-04-2017@15:00 - saying I had, listed bits and said I would take a photo a give price
    I Replied - 11-04-2017@20:19 - with photo and price, was selling it + controllers for cost
    Received - 12-04-2017@10:15 - asking where i was based (person never said they would take it)
    I replied - 12-04-2017@10:17 - gave my general home and work location

Nearly a day and a half pass

Received - 13-04-2017@21:21 - 'thats perfect' 'interested in pi3+cash?'
    I replied - 13-04-2017@22:08 - "No interest in another Pi" and let them know I threw it up on ebay
    Received - 13-04-2017@22:15 - wasn't happy
    Offered someone an good deal (cost price) and they pissed around. I couldn't be bothered to deal with a perceived time waster, so I threw it up on eBay before I even knew they stopped making them. I've no desire to make a profit from it, but will let the auction run.
    Get the feeling that folks who are bemoaning they never picked one up are more sore they didn't get use the same way/tools others did to get them when they came into stock from time to time. If I could have reserved one from Argo when I wasn't too pushed to find one, anyone could have.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I was discussing this with my cousin in Hong Kong the other day. He's on the lookout for one for each of us (him and me,not everyone on boards :) ) . No word yet though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

I find it gas how many articles are stating nintendo hates money after halting the NES Classic. I wonder are they just soing limited runs for some financial reason so they dont get stuck with a bunch of stock thats hard to shift? Either way if they make a SNES model people will probably go mad altogether, especially considering it was a much bigger console here than the NES was.

I was kind of interested in one, mainly because my GF has a fair bit of nostalgia for mario on the NES, but i was hoping the supply to increase. As a gadget I think it would only get a few uses anyway, especially with the short controller cables and having to hook it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭ebbsy

MIghtfield be wrong, but with the Switch out now they might not want a Snes classic to distract from it. It would also cost more than the Nes Mini , and probably have less games.

It's annoying that there are genuine people out there who cant have one.

Coming from a slightly older vintage, it makes me wonder what has happened to Nintendo. From the glory days of the Ds with the Advance slot, through to now, I think they have got progressively worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Officially discontinued now worldwide, Nintendo Europe and Australia have confirmed production has ceased, they follow Japan and North America confirming it last week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Xenji wrote: »
    Officially discontinued now worldwide, Nintendo Europe and Australia have confirmed production has ceased, they follow Japan and North America confirming it last week.

On that note..... I have one for sale, 7 trillion euros and its yours. :pac:

Poor form from Nintendo, they could have sold so many more over the next few years, even done SNES mini, N64 Mini etc but this will leave a sour taste for a lot of people.

• Not if they sell it for a reasonable price aka what they paid or less

Anyone who are selling it multiple times it's rrp are scalpers and scummy ****e bags

But that's my original point.

It's now ceased production in all markets as of this morning.

It's rare and collectible however way you put it so I don't expect to see anybody have any reason to sell one they own for cost price or less on that basis.

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    But that's my original point.

It's now ceased production in all markets as of this morning.

It's rare and collectible however way you put it so I don't expect to see anybody have any reason to sell one they own for cost price or less on that basis.
    the only real offender in this is Nintendo..

ridiculously small amounts of stock..

the worst thing in all of this is cex have multiples of these consoles so realistically they have the market for the consoles now.

for 300 no way.... ill buy a nes and start collecting some classics for that kinda money

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

jonnycivic wrote: »
    On that note..... I have one for sale, 7 trillion euros and its yours. :pac:

I'll sell mine for a HTC Vive and souped up PC ... may not be so far fetched in coming months if people REALLY want one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

mrcheez wrote: »
    I'll sell mine for a HTC Vive and souped up PC ... may not be so far fetched in coming months if people REALLY want one.

I did see a few articles over the weekend saying in the US the list price on ebay was $3500

just seen what original Gameboys are getting ffs 100-150 with a game or two must offload mine lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Still have my blue original play it louder one, sans the screen protector though, not sure how it fell off.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

just seen what original Gameboys are getting ffs 100-150 with a game or two must offload mine lol

Game & Watch games from £120

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/VINTAGE-RETRO-NINTENDO-GAME-AND-WATCH-SUPER-MARIO-BROS-BOX-INSTRUCTION-/272631270114?hash=item3f7a170ae2:g:SVcAAOSw~CFY8RUJ

Time to dig out that old shoebox... got about 20 of these lying about somewhere in perfick condition (even when I was a young 'un I took care of my stuff) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭smurf492

Would anyone like to trade my virginity for a classic...

smurf492 wrote: »

How intact is it? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Hmmmmmmm........

414966.jpeg

Lifted from here

Bound to be a piece of junk

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

What is the condition of the box it is in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Only if you are smurfette

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

414966.jpeg

On the upside it has a respectable controller cable but on the other it has Pro Wrestleing?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

You know you've done something wrong, when a clone is offering better functionality with actual usable cable leads.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭smurf492

Plascebo wrote:
    What is the condition of the box it is in?

A bit wornðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Hmmmmmmm........

414966.jpeg

Lifted from here

Bound to be a piece of junk

Mm might not be that bad, some chinese knockoffs are getting pretty decent reviews, just look up the GB Colour or the Woodi GBA

• OwaynOTT wrote: »
    You know you've done something wrong, when a clone is offering better functionality with actual usable cable leads.

I'd question the quality of the Controllers though.
    To be fair on the classic mini, yes the cable is short but the feel, weight and buttons on the controller are top notch

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

SNES mini rumours have started

jester77 wrote: »

Has its own thread and all ;)

• Advertisement

• jester77 wrote: »

excited-baby.gif

Advertisement