Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Classic Mini

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

JJayoo wrote: »
    Saw a boxed mini NES in Cex in Sligo for 200euro earlier today, is there still a crazy demand?

These will always be collector's items

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If anyone loves the gamey tang of Wild Goose, the NES Mini is now part of an Argos clearance sale. That's right, if you can find one, it's selling for below RRP. Good luck :D
    http://checkargos.com/product/5762020#
    I've checked, 0 stock showing in the system in ireland. That's not a guarantee that if you pop in store you won't find one, cause we all know that clearance items tend to show up on the in-store systems first and even if your local Argos hasn't got one they can search the nearest 3 or 4 stores automatically for you but I mean, how likely is it really?

(The answer : just likely enough that I've ruined your lunchbreak. You're welcome!)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

My local dunnes has cookies for €1.06 until I bought them that is, so no you didn't ruin my lunch dunnes did however.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,573 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nintendo Is Resurrecting The NES Classic Mini And Increasing SNES Classic Inventory
    Retro revival

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/09/nintendo_is_resurrecting_the_nes_classic_mini_and_increasing_snes_classic_inventory

During the Summer of next year the NES Classic Mini will go back into production. They finally found a cure for their allergy to money. ;) I'll be curious does this announcement immediately affect prices in places like CEX and Ebay even if its re-release is still about 9 months away.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

sligeach wrote: »
    Nintendo Is Resurrecting The NES Classic Mini And Increasing SNES Classic Inventory
    Retro revival

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/09/nintendo_is_resurrecting_the_nes_classic_mini_and_increasing_snes_classic_inventory

During the Summer of next year the NES Classic Mini will go back into production. They finally found a cure for their allergy to money. ;)

Good, no more scalping hopefully...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭smurf492

sligeach wrote:
    Nintendo Is Resurrecting The NES Classic Mini And Increasing SNES Classic Inventory Retro revival

Great news.. Glad Nintendo are getting their act together and those slimy scalpers get what they deserve

So glad that news came out before I collected all 8 of my preorders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I haven't followed the NES Classic Mini modding too closely but I wonder will they revise the hardware to make modding more difficult or impossible.

I finally might be able to get my hands on one! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

I have a classic mini, not selling it. I am amused though at all the complaining on here about "scalpers". Why should someone have to sell something at or below the price they paid for it? Basic supply and demand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

Am I the only person here that doesn't understand any of it.
    I mean the original console + everdrive = win
    Only thing extra I plan to do in the future is a hdmi or rgb mod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I haven't followed the NES Classic Mini modding too closely but I wonder will they revise the hardware to make modding more difficult or impossible.

I finally might be able to get my hands on one! :)

I hope not because then the original batch will be more desirable and still cost stupid money.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭smurf492

Am I the only person here that doesn't understand any of it. I mean the original console + everdrive = win Only thing extra I plan to do in the future is a hdmi or rgb mod.

Good point but it's the collectability of the mini that a lot of people are buying it for. Nintendo could charge double for the both mini consoles and guaranteed they would be snapped up

I have a classic mini, not selling it. I am amused though at all the complaining on here about "scalpers". Why should someone have to sell something at or below the price they paid for it? Basic supply and demand.

Look, I'm not saying you're wrong, but it's not so black and white.
    There have been many instances with the NES mini and again with the SNES mini pre-orders of people specifically snapping them up to immediately flip them for a profit. That's not supply and demand, that's artificially inserting themselves as an additional middleman in the retail model. And *that* is taking advantage of people. Is it good business sense? Sure. Is it arseholery? Yes. But the kind of person who would do it is also the kind of person who doesn't care if I think they're an arsehole or not, so long as I don't know where they parked their beloved Audi and can't key it. (I know it's not unique to these products by any stretch, but you're in the NES mini thread so just go with it).

In conclusion :
    If you walk into Argos and buy a NES mini, store it in a fireproof chest for 10 years and sell it for 2 grand to a collector you are a canny operator.

If you walk into Argos and buy a NES mini and walk outside and sell it in the carpark for twice what you just paid for it, you are a profiteering son of a bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭eamo22

It will be one to keep our eyes on. Will they change anything I wonder or just push out the same console and packaging. Interesting to see how many will be pushed out. If there continuing snes production into 2018. The nes might be there Christmas 2018 cash cow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Because it's a dick thing to do. Why should they profit on something they had no hand in producing? People who buy specifically to sell on are denying that original sale to genuine fans. It's the lowest of the low imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Four Winds

Basic supply and demand.

Sick of people throwing out this ever so glib line when it comes to scalpers as if they've some insight into economics that everyone else doesn't understand.

A layperson buying goods they don't want in order to charge more to genuine buyers is a scummy thing to do. End of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Really hope that CEX get stung by this. Every single store has a dozen or so NES Mini's behind the counter, they're asking for €200 for them and it'd be great to see demand just disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Really hope that CEX get stung by this. Every single store has a dozen or so NES Mini's behind the counter, they're asking for €200 for them and it'd be great to see demand just disappear.
    would be a joy to see that happen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

That would be fantastic! I wanted to get one for my bro in law for his 40th but refuse to pay them 200 quid so I preordered a snes mini for him instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cassidy1207987

I know it pre order everywhere but is there anywhere you can Que the old fashioned way? in Dublin preferably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭eamo22

I know it pre order everywhere but is there anywhere you can Que the old fashioned way? in Dublin preferably.

Brings back memories to be fair. More excitement than now. Its a shame there is no where

Outside Adverts Man's gaff. I hear he'll have stock aplenty

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Banjo wrote: »
    Outside Adverts Man's gaff. I hear he'll have stock aplenty

Hehe, I hope he loses his shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Argos, assuming they get some in. Argos Ireland doesn't do pre orders, so whatever they get will be up for grabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Thinking of buying this for a laugh but ultimately to put an old Raspberry pi 2 board I have into it? I already have a genuine NES mini. I never bought from AliExpress before so is it safe to use a card on their site? I'd be using a prepaid MasterCard I have though which reduces the risk.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mini-TV-Game-Console-Video-Game-Console-For-Nes-8-Bit-Games-with-500-Different-Built/32805622052.html

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭surrealname

Thinking of buying this for a laugh but ultimately to put an old Raspberry pi 2 board I have into it? I already have a genuine NES mini. I never bought from AliExpress before so is it safe to use a card on their site? I'd be using a prepaid MasterCard I have though which reduces the risk.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mini-TV-Game-Console-Video-Game-Console-For-Nes-8-Bit-Games-with-500-Different-Built/32805622052.html

I saw a review for this few weeks ago, the guy basically said it is muck. Issues with both controllers, most of the games were unlicensed, terrible gameplay
    But on the plus side it's cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭Inviere

Because buying loads of a limited item up in order to sell it on for a huge profit is 1) intentionally and artificially manipulating supply, and 2), a cuntish thing to do.
    Am I the only person here that doesn't understand any of it.
    I mean the original console + everdrive = win
    Only thing extra I plan to do in the future is a hdmi or rgb mod.

An original console will look like absolute arse on a modern tv panel, really bad. So unless you've a bulky crt knocking about, the Nes Mini will look a lot prettier on your flatpanel over hdmi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

What are people on here with multiple pre-orders doing? Do you just cancel them or can you transfer them?

Does anyone with multiple orders fancy selling the SNES to me after they get it? Better than cancelling the order and the machine going to a potential scalper?!

I sold my nes mini to get my switch which I then sold to get a number of funko pop vinyls which I am now about to sell to rebuy a switch for FIFA and Mario Odyssey I wonder would Disney do a movie on a 115 year old OCD and reanimate Rodney Dangerfield to play me.

• Advertisement

Argos should have stock on the SNES you just need to be quick

Advertisement