Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France Ferry & Campsite info (use Search function) mod warning post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭Peckham

54and56 wrote:
    We're due out August 1st also (having rescheduled from July 4th), do you mind me asking why you've pulled the plug?

Couple of reasons.

Mainly because my wife is a frontline health worker so would need to quarantine on return (assuming France don't make Green List).

Fear of changing situation while way. Campsite in lockdown, travel ban introduced while away etc.

Question mark over whether insurance would be invalidated by no travel advice.

Very frustrated by the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

Beanybabog wrote: »
    According to the newspapers France won’t make the list. We are going anyway and will do the 14 days when we come back

We did it. Well worth the 14 days lockdown. The 14 days is not a quarantine. You are allowed out to supermarkets and pharmacies etc.. When we came back, passports and locator form required for immigration. No questions asked. Waved on.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭sceach16

Scoondal wrote: »
    We did it. Well worth the 14 days lockdown. The 14 days is not a quarantine. You are allowed out to supermarkets and pharmacies etc.. When we came back, passports and locator form required for immigration. No questions asked. Waved on.

Are you allowed out to funerals as well?

sceach16 wrote: »

Yes. There are no legal restrictions in Irish law.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Yes. There are no legal restrictions in Irish law.

this is the attitude that will lead to many more deaths.

• Advertisement

Did I mention that my wife works under HSE regulations ? No restrictions during annual leave. Legally they have nothing that they can do. Absolutely no legislation at all. Great country.

Quazzie wrote: »

Irish government should make laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Irish government should make laws.

It shouldn't take a law for people to be responsible. It shouldn't take our government to force people to do the right thing.

Quazzie wrote: »

Will my actions lead to deaths ? I went to a place with multiple times less deaths than Ireland but with more public health measures to prevent virus spread.
    Stay in your Irish bubble, brainwashed by the Irish government and Irish media.

Will my actions lead to deaths ? I went to a place with multiple times less deaths than Ireland but with more public health measures to prevent virus spread.
    Stay in your Irish bubble, brainwashed by the Irish government and Irish media.

You might think about differentiation between legal and moral responsibility. My country gave specific travel advice which I respect.

• Advertisement

You might think about differentiation between legal and moral responsibility. My country gave specific travel advice which I respect.

You can abide by what YOUR country advised you.
    MY country did nothing to restrict my international travel.

You can abide by what YOUR country advised you.
    MY country did nothing to restrict my international travel.

General COVID-19 Travel Advisory in Operation:

Avoid non-essential travel until further notice:
    The Irish Authorities advise against all non-essential travel overseas until further notice. This includes Great Britain but does not apply to Northern Ireland. It also includes all travel by cruise ship.

Morals?

General COVID-19 Travel Advisory in Operation:

Avoid non-essential travel until further notice:
    The Irish Authorities advise against all non-essential travel overseas until further notice. This includes Great Britain but does not apply to Northern Ireland. It also includes all travel by cruise ship.

Morals?

I was legally allowed to return from France. I was not advised to quarantine. I was advised to "isolate" which means that if I decide to follow the drunk driving, sleeping government's advice, then they say it is fine to go out shopping for groceries or to a chemist.
    But I have chosen not to isolate because I do not have any viruses.
    Why is anyone on my case here. I am looking at all the non-mask people in Irish shops. What is wrong with you people ?

I was legally allowed to return from France. I was not advised to quarantine. I was advised to "isolate" which means that if I decide to follow the drunk driving, sleeping government's advice, then they say it is fine to go out shopping for groceries or to a chemist.
    But I have chosen not to isolate because I do not have any viruses.
    Why is anyone on my case here. I am looking at all the non-mask people in Irish shops. What is wrong with you people ?

Look in a mirror!

Look in a mirror!

When I look in the mirror, I see me wearing a face mask. Why are half of Irish people refusing to do a basic requirement to help stop the spread of this virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

When I look in the mirror, I see me wearing a face mask. Why are half of Irish people refusing to do a basic requirement to help stop the spread of this virus.

Do you not see a gob****e?

Pretzill wrote: »
    Do you not see a gob****e?

No, not at all. Do you wear your face mask in public indoor places, like I did in France and in Ireland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

No, not at all. Do you wear your face mask in public indoor places, like I did in France and in Ireland ?

For every 2 Scoondals going abroad with your attitude but doing their best to social distance, there is 1 Scoondal going abroad not giving a fek.
    That 1 feckless Scoondal uses the other 2 responsible Scoondals as their excuse to go abroad

When you look in a mirror, you see someone who ignored my country's advice and put me and my family and all Irish people at additional risk of infection.

You must be proud!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Heroditas

"I had my fun and that's all that matters"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Looks like a lot of people on here need a foreign holiday, eeek.

You could see the thread going this way months ago, the same ones saying they were cancelling their trip back in late March & early April, trying to influence others.

What it comes down to basically is if your ferry is running, if your campsites are open & if you don't have to quarantine on arrival in France then your travel agent or operator doesn't have to refund you or reschedule your holiday, if they do then they do out of goodwill.

If you decide to lose everything for the sake of your country then fair play to you but a lot of people made their minds up at the start of this and were too cautious to travel & that mindset was never going to change no matter what the government said or whether France was on the greenlist or not and at the end of the day that's they're prerogative & that's fine & I won't judge you for your decision so you shouldn't judge others who decide to go & by doing so aren't doing anything illegal, it might be immoral in your eyes but morals won't pay for my holiday or get back the weeks/months of planning that go into it.

There's a percentage of those not going though who are jealous of those who are still going on their French campsite holiday in 2020 & they're trying to disguise this jealousy by taking the so called moral high ground & playing the guilt trip card, in the hope they'll make someone who has decided to go to France second guess themselves or change their minds because they're not being a "good citizen" absolute load of bollox.

The ones who should be the good Irish citizens are the government who have a moral & professional obligation to their constituents, they want the best of both worlds, they want the tourists from these green list countries to come to Ireland & spend their money to try to salvage the faltering hospitality economy yet they expect Irish citizens not to follow the same advice & travel to those countries meaning we're giving foreign citizens more rights than ourselves, gtfo!

The government can only advise, if they want to put a blanket travel ban on all foreign travel meaning I'm not allowed travel then they can give me my refund but they won't do that because they can't afford to do that so they're hoping the good little boys & girls in Ireland do what they're told, like the Irish always do.

I live in Cobh and the amount of English camper vans I've seen in the past month has surpassed any previous year, and I'm to believe all these people are self isolating for two weeks when they get off the ferry before they actually go on their travels around Ireland, me hole they are.

Basically, live and let live, don't be a Karen, you do what you want to do any let everyone else do what they want to do and no matter how much their decision eats you up inside just get on with your own life.
    Wear your mask if you go to an indoor public space, don't be a Karen if someone in the shop isn't wearing theirs.
    Cancel or postpone your French holiday if you want for whatever reason but don't be a Karen if someone else decides to take their holiday as they're quite entitled to.
    You do you and I'll do me.

Happy Holidays everyone wherever that may be.

Looks like a lot of people on here need a foreign holiday, eeek.

You could see the thread going this way months ago, the same ones saying they were cancelling their trip back in late March & early April, trying to influence others.

What it comes down to basically is if your ferry is running, if your campsites are open & if you don't have to quarantine on arrival in France then your travel agent or operator doesn't have to refund you or reschedule your holiday, if they do then they do out of goodwill.

If you decide to lose everything for the sake of your country then fair play to you but a lot of people made their minds up at the start of this and were too cautious to travel & that mindset was never going to change no matter what the government said or whether France was on the greenlist or not and at the end of the day that's they're prerogative & that's fine & I won't judge you for your decision so you shouldn't judge others who decide to go & by doing so aren't doing anything illegal, it might be immoral in your eyes but morals won't pay for my holiday or get back the weeks/months of planning that go into it.

There's a percentage of those not going though who are jealous of those who are still going on their French campsite holiday in 2020 & they're trying to disguise this jealousy by taking the so called moral high ground & playing the guilt trip card, in the hope they'll make someone who has decided to go to France second guess themselves or change their minds because they're not being a "good citizen" absolute load of bollox.

The ones who should be the good Irish citizens are the government who have a moral & professional obligation to their constituents, they want the best of both worlds, they want the tourists from these green list countries to come to Ireland & spend their money to try to salvage the faltering hospitality economy yet they expect Irish citizens not to follow the same advice & travel to those countries meaning we're giving foreign citizens more rights than ourselves, gtfo!

The government can only advise, if they want to put a blanket travel ban on all foreign travel meaning I'm not allowed travel then they can give me my refund but they won't do that because they can't afford to do that so they're hoping the good little boys & girls in Ireland do what they're told, like the Irish always do.

I live in Cobh and the amount of English camper vans I've seen in the past month has surpassed any previous year, and I'm to believe all these people are self isolating for two weeks when they get off the ferry before they actually go on their travels around Ireland, me hole they are.

Basically, live and let live, don't be a Karen, you do what you want to do any let everyone else do what they want to do and no matter how much their decision eats you up inside just get on with your own life.
    Wear your mask if you go to an indoor public space, don't be a Karen if someone in the shop isn't wearing theirs.
    Cancel or postpone your French holiday if you want for whatever reason but don't be a Karen if someone else decides to take their holiday as they're quite entitled to.

This is an excellent, common sense summary. It cuts through the fog that the new government have created. This thread also has tells people to stop judging other people's common sense decisions.

I have no guilt whatsoever about going to France for my holiday. Our distancing, face mask wearing and general awareness of suppressing virus transmission was always to the fore in our movements.

We were cocooned in our car until boarding the ferry, waited for our turn to leave our car to proceed to our cabin. For disembarkation, we waited in our cabin until staff came to tell us to proceed to our car.

I was surprised on returning to Ireland at the lack of face masks in supermarkets and shopping centres. It has increased in the last few days I admit. The French were doing this (perhaps 85%) when I arrived in France on 30 June.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Gavlor

I agreed with you until this part.

People doing what they want to do In the middle of a global pandemic is the worst thing that could happen.

For that reason your post is a 5.5/10!

Gavlor wrote: »
    I agreed with you until this part.

People doing what they want to do In the middle of a global pandemic is the worst thing that could happen.

For that reason your post is a 5.5/10!

Stop judging other people. I did nothing illegal and was waved through Irish immigration.
    You live your life according to what you think is the right thing to do. I will also do the same.

Stop judging other people. I did nothing illegal and was waved through Irish immigration.
    You live your life according to what you think is the right thing to do. I will also do the same.

Good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

So you’re happy enough to abide by this advice for the rest of your life? The virus IS NOT going away. It’s here for good just like the flu is, it’s never going away. Unless there’s a vaccine the advice will be forever. There is going to have to be a solution to travel. People like me have families abroad. I’m going to see them again like most people will whether you like it or not.

Insertion of a new paragraph in Article 40.3.3º:

This subsection shall not limit freedom to travel between the State and another state.

This is the text of the Irish Constitution. The government is unable to ban foreign travel.

This subsection shall not limit freedom to travel between the State and another state.

This is the text of the Irish Constitution. The new government is unable to ban foreign travel.
    Irish people voted for this. So I have used my constitutional right to travel to another country. This is a right that is defined in the Irish constitution. The current government CANNOT override the Irish constitution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

Context is everything with the constitution though, you can't just pick out quotes that suit you.

In any case, I think that line referred to travel for a pregnancy termination and was added in the 1990s. The recent 8th repeal removed it.

There's no constitutional right to travel.

• Advertisement

This is the text of the Irish Constitution. The new government is unable to ban foreign travel.
    Irish people voted for this. So I have used my constitutional right to travel to another country. This is a right that is defined in the Irish constitution. The current government CANNOT override the Irish constitution.

Good man

Advertisement