Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France Ferry & Campsite info (use Search function) mod warning post 1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

In terms of France making the green list.. something to be aware of is that France includes French Guiana in their numbers even though it's in South America.

French Guiana is having a pretty bad outbreak at the moment which will probably have an impact on France's per 100,000 rolling 14 day average. Not sure this will be taken into account when determining if France makes the Green List or not...

The current number for Ireland is about 2.

France is about 8.

But if you take French Guiana out of it, the number for France drops to 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Just a quick heads up, we were booked to go to La Sirene with Lifestyle holidays (leaving next week),
    Back in April, when the final balance was due, we decided to cancel the booking as we felt that personally, we wouldn't be happy to accept the risk.

Fast forward to this weekend, and they have emailed us to say that their booking system for 2021 is now open, I've put down a deposit for next year, and they were actually sound enough to allow us back 50% of the deposit from this years booking (€125). I'll have to keep the eyes peeled for flights, but I reckon if things do return to some sort of normality next year, it'll be crazy when bookings open up.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭roddney

We made the decision over the weekend to cancel our Yelloh Villages holiday as would have been going out before 20th. Wife isn't comfortable with travel at all in current environment. Too much uncertainly really on date and green list.

They've been pretty decent in giving us a voucher to use, for full amount paid to date, for use up until end of 2021. They said they're offering this for cross border travellers.

I didn't have any cancellation insurance so happy with this outcome. Will use next year.

Irish Ferries still saying you can only cancel up until 12th July. After that you can amend to any date in 2020 which isn't much use to us. Thankfully I blocked CC to stop any further payments so will only loose €100 to date. Maybe they will change policy given latest announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Strange. I didn't even mention getting the money back as I'd have been happy enough to put a voucher towards 2021!

tried them again, eventually got though to a guy on the phone, said he couldnt help me, but told me to email refund@brittanyferries.ie and i may get joy that way, in fairness to him he hinted on how I should phrase the mail for best possible outcome, could take a good few weeks to get a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Just a quick heads up, we were booked to go to La Sirene with Lifestyle holidays (leaving next week),
    Back in April, when the final balance was due, we decided to cancel the booking as we felt that personally, we wouldn't be happy to accept the risk.

Fast forward to this weekend, and they have emailed us to say that their booking system for 2021 is now open, I've put down a deposit for next year, and they were actually sound enough to allow us back 50% of the deposit from this years booking (€125). I'll have to keep the eyes peeled for flights, but I reckon if things do return to some sort of normality next year, it'll be crazy when bookings open up.

Particularly to the likes of Perpignan which is usually quite expensive. Will be interesting to see the price of flights for 2020!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭tnegun

tnegun wrote: »
    We booked with .ie , eurocamp cancelled and are still waiting for our full refund the only update they could give us is that it will take a considerable amount of time.

Refund landed today from Eurocamp only took 4/5 weeks from the date they canceled so not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Gavlor wrote: »
    Particularly to the likes of Perpignan which is usually quite expensive. Will be interesting to see the price of flights for 2020!

2021?

aye, its probably going to be an awful gouging, One of the positives of that area though, is its within 2-3 hours of all the barcelona airports, as well as perpignan and carcassone, so theres a few options if you were willing to get creative.
    perpignan is tops though, 20 mins from arrival to campsite, and a super tidy airport thats easy get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

2021?

aye, its probably going to be an awful gouging, One of the positives of that area though, is its within 2-3 hours of all the barcelona airports, as well as perpignan and carcassone, so theres a few options if you were willing to get creative.
    perpignan is tops though, 20 mins from arrival to campsite, and a super tidy airport thats easy get through.

Yeah sorry 2021. Toulouse is another handy one if the gouging is too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

Gavlor wrote: »
    Yeah sorry 2021. Toulouse is another handy one if the gouging is too much!

We're flying into toulouse for 1st 2 weeks in June purely because of the flights were really cheap €600 for 4 iirc, then on to Argeles. Flight times out not ideal but will stay in hotel on night of arrival. Have 15 days booked so don't mínd. Perpignan with AL are always over 1k for us. We really enjoying travelling in France and driving 2 or 3 hrs is nothing really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Anyone already in France confirm what documentation they had complete? Is it just the sworn statement of absence of covid-19 symptoms?
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Anyone know when Irish Ferries are likely to release their 2021 Schedule?

Also, can you add Flexibility for €15 each way if using Tesco Tokens for partial payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

Anyone else look at cost of flights for nxt yr.. checked Ryanair for the same period as we were supposed to go this yr. Last 2 wks in June, €400 more expensive thought that was excessive. hopefully offers will come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭yiddo59

SusanC10 wrote: »
    Anyone know when Irish Ferries are likely to release their 2021 Schedule?

Also, can you add Flexibility for €15 each way if using Tesco Tokens for partial payment?

Based on past years I'd say in 2nd half September or early October.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

Sad day today!

We should be all up here in my home, full of excitment, and putting the last few bits into the roof box to head to the ferry today.

Sad times :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

amor3 wrote: »
    Sad day today!

We should be all up here in my home, full of excitment, and putting the last few bits into the roof box to head to the ferry today.

Sad times :-(

We were supposed to be sailing to Spain later tonight. But going to go in 2 weeks time instead, may end up in Southern France instead of Spain depending on what happens over the next 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 what the heck

roddney wrote: »
    Irish Ferries still saying you can only cancel up until 12th July. After that you can amend to any date in 2020 which isn't much use to us. Thankfully I blocked CC to stop any further payments so will only loose €100 to date. Maybe they will change policy given latest announcement.

We had to cancel IF a few weeks ago after eurocamp cancelled our holiday. I had previously contacted them on FB about the remaining balance and they pushed out the due date to just 4 weeks before travel. Then Eurocamp cancelled. I contacted them again and cancelled the booking. We had paid €800 up to that point and they refunded €700 straight to my card within days.

They were quick to respond on FB messenger...

So, I would suggest contacting them anyway...

Our travel date was 1st August...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Just listening to the radio and I’m not sure who was speaking but she denying the government statement on green countries was misleading, and that it had always been intended to remain essential travel only even to green countries?? That’s not what I understood

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

I arrived from France today. Being in France and arrival into Ireland was simple and straightforward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

Beanybabog wrote: »
    Just listening to the radio and I’m not sure who was speaking but she denying the government statement on green countries was misleading, and that it had always been intended to remain essential travel only even to green countries?? That’s not what I understood

Making it up as they go along.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 woodstocklive

Travelled yesterday 11th July Cork to Roscoff. No issues in Cork on board or when arriving in Roscoff. Only 300 passengers on the Pont Aven (max capacity 1200 approx ). Only thing we noticed so far is they don't take social distancing as seriously and lack of hand sanitisers in shops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Has anyone got any contact details for BF. Have been trying to contact them most of last week,no joy. The final payment is due tomorrow and I dont want to pay it. Its amazing that in almost 20 years I have had absolutely no problems ever contacting them until now.
    Any help would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Peckham

Has anyone got any contact details for BF. Have been trying to contact them most of last week,no joy. The final payment is due tomorrow and I dont want to pay it. Its amazing that in almost 20 years I have had absolutely no problems ever contacting them until now. Any help would be appreciated

I've contacted them on Twitter and they're very responsive and helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Peckham wrote: »
    I've contacted them on Twitter and they're very responsive and helpful

Thanks for that,however I'm not a twitterer

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

Thanks for that,however I'm not a twitterer

People have mentioned on earlier posts that Facebook messenger worked. If u have neither, isnt it worthwhile to become 1 for this to make contact? Delete after, once your satisfied.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

Has anyone got any contact details for BF. Have been trying to contact them most of last week,no joy. The final payment is due tomorrow and I dont want to pay it. Its amazing that in almost 20 years I have had absolutely no problems ever contacting them until now.
    Any help would be appreciated

I replied to the original booking and someone was back to me within hours.

Travelled yesterday 11th July Cork to Roscoff. No issues in Cork on board or when arriving in Roscoff. Only 300 passengers on the Pont Aven (max capacity 1200 approx ). Only thing we noticed so far is they don't take social distancing as seriously and lack of hand sanitisers in shops

Yes, but in shopping centres 80% of people have face masks.
    And in some restaurants the waiter sprays the diners hands before handing out menus.
    After a couple of days getting used to this, it just seems normal.
    You will enjoy your holiday because tourists are welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Ladylouth

Scoondal wrote: »
    Yes, but in shopping centres 80% of people have face masks.
    And in some restaurants the waiter sprays the diners hands before handing out menus.
    After a couple of days getting used to this, it just seems normal.
    You will enjoy your holiday because tourists are welcome.

Thanks for this update. We are travelling later in the week, and today I was beginning to fear that we might be greeted with the same feeling that tourists from overseas are getting here...........

Ladylouth wrote: »
    Thanks for this update. We are travelling later in the week, and today I was beginning to fear that we might be greeted with the same feeling that tourists from overseas are getting here...........

Not at all. We had a great holiday. It was great to get away from the hysteria in Ireland. We thought the quarantine rules in Ireland would be gone when we arrived back. They were extended, but even the immigration took the form and just waved us through.
    Just use common sense and you will have no issues at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Marronn05

Anyone already in France confirm what documentation they had complete? Is it just the sworn statement of absence of covid-19 symptoms?
    Thanks.

We arrived in France on Saturday. Took Irish ferries from Dublin on Friday. Just asked for passports at check in like all previous years - nothing different. It was the same as normal in Cherbourg too. Everyone wearing masks getting on and off ferry tho. There were around 70 cars of families on board. We're at a camp in Normandy, staff mostly wear masks but lots of outdoor entertainment etc.. having a lovely time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭54and56

Marronn05 wrote: »
    We arrived in France on Saturday. Took Irish ferries from Dublin on Friday. Just asked for passports at check in like all previous years - nothing different. It was the same as normal in Cherbourg too. Everyone wearing masks getting on and off ferry tho. There were around 70 cars of families on board. We're at a camp in Normandy, staff mostly wear masks but lots of outdoor entertainment etc.. having a lovely time :)

Any restrictions on use of the pool or other facilities?

Advertisement