Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer Recruitment 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DeccieDarcy

Where did this info come from?
    The initial campaign info stated this campaign was to recruit 360 over a period of 3 yrs

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Shane88

Where did this info come from?
    The initial campaign info stated this campaign was to recruit 360 over a period of 3 yrs

It still will be 360 over 3 years. 3 classes of 40 people each year or as they are needed

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Harambe1

The suspense is almost too much at this stage lads! :-)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 30 howarethings30

I would like to think we will know by next Tuesday at latest

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭sticky hurling

I would love to know how many are they taking through Imin going to lanzarote Monday it will either make or ruin my trip 😭

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 eldel1

Does anyone know is the interview a pass/fail scenario or is there a breakdown of scores between the individual/group exercises and interview? Any feedback given?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 eldel1

Does anyone know is the interview a pass/fail scenario or is there a breakdown of scores between the individual/group exercises and interview? Any feedback given?

I would love to know if we are graded number 1 to whatever again at this stage or what the craic is with the marking system too. Does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Harryhoofer

Harambe1 wrote: »
    I would love to know if we are graded number 1 to whatever again at this stage or what the craic is with the marking system too. Does anyone know?

I'd imagine a panel is formed. We will have to be numbered. You can request all the notes from the interview. For the firefighter campaign in March, 486 were interviewed for a panel of 160. This will be similar only there will be 120 forming the panel.

I thought there would be a panel formed to fill the 360 positions

• Advertisement

I thought there would be a panel formed to fill the 360 positions

No. This is for the first 120. They will hold an open competition the next two years both for another 120. Which favours anyone who fails here because you can go again in a year.

Oh right well that cuts down the chances a lot so doesn't it

Oh right well that cuts down the chances a lot so doesn't it
    Approximately I would say 400 were interviewed. So yes the odds are always in the employers favour. Going to be a long weekend if we don't hear tomorrow.

You also have to take into account that there is a fitness (which some will inevitably fail), a medical (which some may fail), and some people who may decide that the job is not for them. Id estimate to cover 120 positions the panel would need to consist of more than 120 candidates.

I really would like to get this over with tomorrow. Its more drawn out than the OJ Simpson trial at this stage!

what happens as far as i am aware is just say i scored 11 after stage two if in stage 3 50 people score higher than me they take pefferance that would rank me number 61 if the 10 people that got higher in stage two also did so in stage three so your results in stage two do count for something.by they way ive done these tests before and from my thinking the earlier in the day you get the email the better the fails come around 4 30 5pm

what happens as far as i am aware is just say i scored 11 after stage two if in stage 3 50 people score higher than me they take pefferance that would rank me number 61 if the 10 people that got higher in stage two also did so in stage three so your results in stage two do count for something.by they way ive done these tests before and from my thinking the earlier in the day you get the email the better the fails come around 4 30 5pm
    My experience is that aptitudes are just to cull the numbers. Your placement means nothing at interview. In fact the interview board don't even know where you came. They just have to interview and place you accordingly. That was how it was for the fire service I did two open competitions twice this year with them. We are all at square one come the interviews.

well i have done a few for the guards thats how it works your ranking at stage two plays a key how else would they seperate people who got the same marks pone them up they will give you that info no problem

you are correct in saying that you can pass sombody out at stage 3 but if you dont there stage two ranking comes into play

well i have done a few for the guards thats how it works your ranking at stage two plays a key how else would they seperate people who got the same marks pone them up they will give you that info no problem

So by definition then someone who came say number one at stage two, yet just passes the interview is likely to get the job over someone say placed 150 after stage two who does a great interview. If people score the same at interview they will be placed jointly. Very few of us will be scoring the same over three tests at stage three.

So essentially then anyone outside the top 120 after stage two is playing major catch up. As they are in the driving seat provided they interview well! After stage two the campaign is no longer controlled by Public Appointments its handed over to the IPS they get x amount to interview without any detail on your stage two ranking (as far as I know). If it is done as you suggest I placed around the 130's after stage two so I'm scared now!

• Advertisement

no they way it works is the top 400 or whatever the number is that got called and if after stage two u were ranked 10 and i was ranked 100 but i scored higher than you in the interview i get called first but but if i score the same as you or less you get the call first. it kinda only applies to people who were ranked high in stage two

it just means that you wont lose places if you were ranked highly after stage two effectively people have to pass you out to be ranked higher than you

it just means that you wont lose places if you were ranked highly after stage two effectively people have to pass you out to be ranked higher than you

Yes but being ranked outside the magic number of 120 going into interview means you have to do better than a portion of them to gain a potential job. And that doesn't even consider others way outside the top 120 doing awesome interviews and bumping you down the ladder. I moved up over 300 places from stage one to stage two. It's amazing what a few right answers can do for your order of merit. Bottom line you would go nuts speculating. We will know soon.

I dont kmow why you keep mentioning 120 for the bottom line is if you score highly at interview you are elected id say it will be middle of next week when we know

remember that there will be alot of candidates also applying to the garda comp too who you could lose and fitness and medical all of a sudden you could beat number 200 or more

remember that there will be alot of candidates also applying to the garda comp too who you could lose and fitness and medical all of a sudden you could beat number 200 or more

I keep mentioning 120 because someone said your stage two ranking matters. Say those 120 interview better than us all outside 120 they get the job but that won't happen. Most will pass medical and fitness. There will be more drop outs who decide they don't want the job. It's a massive step it's a job designed to test everything about you. There are also a portion of eejits who just love doing aptitudes with no intention of taking any job. They dilute everyone else's chances of getting it simply by being in the pot.

no i said that you have to score higher than the folks ranked above you at stage two but that would of been the case anyway i woulsnt even say there are 400 30 a day for 3 weeks is 450 i was on week two and heard when i went up that a fair few didmt turn up so id say that went on for the 3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bk2k

Hi guys, I ranked sound 900 on assessment and haven't heard anything yet? Just wondering has anyone with a similar score been contacted for next stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Bk2k wrote: »
    Hi guys, I ranked sound 900 on assessment and haven't heard anything yet? Just wondering has anyone with a similar score been contacted for next stage?

top 600 were taken for interviews im afraid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Bk2k

top 600 were taken for interviews im afraid

Yeah I knew I missed first stages although a colleuge of mine ranked 680 and has been called recently for interview. I believe the Garda recruitment was similar?

Advertisement