Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer Recruitment 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Harambe1 wrote: »
    Does anybody know what the medical entails? I assume its bloods and a detailed run down of any medical conditions you have ever had.

Also what are the facilities like in the training college? Is there a gym there or anything?

Oh and is there a rent allowance for recruit prison officers? :rolleyes:
    no the union gave it away

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DeccieDarcy

Soo how did we all do in the interviews etc. And what are the odds of gettin thru if you were called for interview.

Soo how did we all do in the interviews etc. And what are the odds of gettin thru if you were called for interview.

They are still ongoing

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Golf mad 6178

less than 23k for first two or 3 years

That would be a good bit off,

The salary is around €22500 p/a, but when you add on the different allowences plus AH(over time) it should be around the €32000 mark,

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Teapot53

In relation to Form B, I've simply printed and filled it out by hand. Anyone know if this is acceptable? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭brianp20

Teapot53 wrote: »
    In relation to Form B, I've simply printed and filled it out by hand. Anyone know if this is acceptable? Thanks.

I done the same and I had my interview yesterday and it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

brianp20 wrote: »
    I done the same and I had my interview yesterday and it was fine.

How was your interview? .. Mines next week, I'm a little worried. How long was it and how many examples did you have to give in the competencies?
    Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hope you did well anyway lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭brianp20

How was your interview? .. Mines next week, I'm a little worried. How long was it and how many examples did you have to give in the competencies?
    Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hope you did well anyway lad.

I'm in work now but I'll pm you later.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

No worries, sound for that. Talk to you then.
    Thanks again.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 30 howarethings30

The rent allowance as it stands isnt in place for new recruits but will be re-instated soon.Thats what I was told by prison officer when I was there for one of the stages.It was always likely to be reinstated with garda recruits getting their rent allowance back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Shane88

Hi, has anybody heard when we would hear back from stage3. I asked a lady from public jobs after the interview last week but she didn't seem to kno much.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Servo91

How are people getting on with interviews? Any feedback back from people who have done them, have mine up next week any info appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭sticky hurling

I did mine last monday found it ok report writing i found the hardest part i have nyself driven mad thinking did i grt enough done

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Harambe1

How many people were there on the day of the report writing and group discussion exercises?

Have mine this week too :)

Did everyone have a suit on them? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭sticky hurling

They did you will be marked on everything including apperance there was about 24 apparently there was alot not turning up

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Harambe1

They did you will be marked on everything including apperance there was about 24 apparently there was alot not turning up

Thanks Sticky hurling - hope it goes well for you anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭1moo345

Hi, any chance you could pm me also? :)
    Interview tomorrow and would like to have an idea what kind of questions are in the competency parts. Thank you!

What did you have to write the report on out of curiosity?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 user123456789

Any chance of a pm regarding this? Interview in two days 😬

Did anyone get a call from them/chapter house today? I got a call that google tells me is chapter house yet it wont ring back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 eldel1

Hey, ya I had a missed call and received email from ips and called back, it was regarding my qualifications, I had given them transcripts rather than the scroll, so they were asking me to send it on

Did anyone get a call from them/chapter house today? I got a call that google tells me is chapter house yet it wont ring back?

Yeah I got a call on Tuesday looking for photo id even though I showed it on the day of the interview! So maybe it's something like that they called you for. Looks like things are moving forward quickly enough. Hopefully we get word soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Harryhoofer

Shane88 wrote: »
    Yeah I got a call on Tuesday looking for photo id even though I showed it on the day of the interview! So maybe it's something like that they called you for. Looks like things are moving forward quickly enough. Hopefully we get word soon.

Maybe the people they are calling to check for verification have passed the interview? Seems odd if you already produced I.D.

I mean why look for verification at this stage if you didn't pass the interview?

I mean why look for verification at this stage if you didn't pass the interview?

Yeah I hoping that's the case but who knows! Could be possible that they lost the photocopy they took of it the first day!

Yeah I hoping that's the case but who knows! Could be possible that they lost the photocopy they took of it the first day!

Absolutely. But again if you failed (which they know the result by now) why ask to see your papers? Maybe I'm jumping the gun.

Absolutely. But again if you failed (which they know the result by now) why ask to see your papers? Maybe I'm jumping the gun.

Yeah true! Are all interviews finished now or are they still ongoing?

Yeah true! Are all interviews finished now or are they still ongoing?

Still ongoing. We should hear in two to three weeks.

Still ongoing. We should hear in two to three weeks.

Presume the fitness and medical with be after Christmas if that's the case

• Advertisement

Presume the fitness and medical with be after Christmas if that's the case

yeah i think the start date got moved back to april/may so not much to do

Advertisement