Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Africa V Ireland, Third Test Build-up Thread

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Can I ask: Marshall 12 Olding 13

Do people think Olding 12 Marshall 13 might have been better??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭b.gud

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Can I ask: Marshall 12 Olding 13

Do people think Olding 12 Marshall 13 might have been better??

Unless I've mis-read Schmidt went with Olding 12 Marshall 13

FWIW I think I'd quite like to see Olding get a run at 13 at some stage, think he'd work well in the extra space

Edit:
    Yep he did

https://twitter.com/IrishRugby/status/745955987660640256

• Registered Users Posts: 17,758 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I didn't realise that Reddan was retiring after the game on Sat.

Hopefully he gets a winning send off to a fine career.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,016 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Crazy to think that going into the World Cup warm ups only a year ago, McGrath, Henderson, Murphy, Jackson, Olding, Marshall, O'Halloran and some would argue Trimble and even Earls, were not considered first choice in their position. Certainly a lot has changed in 12 months.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Crazy to think that going into the World Cup warm ups only a year ago, McGrath, Henderson, Murphy, Jackson, Olding, Marshall, O'Halloran and some would argue Trimble and even Earls, were not considered first choice in their position. Certainly a lot has changed in 12 months.
    I'd still say only 2 or 3 of those are. Henderson was the heir apparent and McGrath was by default our first choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭blackdog1

Cronin is on the bench, look again...

Just saw that was looking at planet rugby and they have Strauss on the bench..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,597 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I'm getting dizzy with so much sport on this weekend (too much:eek: ) ... after last weekends dissapointment , things started to change with the U20's on Monday - excellent selection from Joe , be great to get a series win , which may get dwarfed by the soccer lads (but cant see them doing France) - anyway hopefully both come good , and if the 20s win , would that be a first WC victory for Ireland in any major team sport ?

We won the golf world cup a couple of times...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,650 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

thebaz wrote: »
    I'm getting dizzy with so much sport on this weekend (too much:eek: ) ... after last weekends dissapointment , things started to change with the U20's on Monday - excellent selection from Joe , be great to get a series win , which may get dwarfed by the soccer lads (but cant see them doing France) - anyway hopefully both come good , and if the 20s win , would that be a first WC victory for Ireland in any major team sport ?

Ireland's U-19 Rugby World Championship Win In 1998 under Declan Kidney.

The Ireland Under-19 Team that day was:

Donovan Rossi (Clontarf)
    Matthew Cupitt (Instonians)
    Shane Moore (UCD) (capt)
    Brian O'Driscoll (UCD)
    Darragh Holt (UCC)
    Paddy Wallace (Campbell College)
    Kieran Campbell (London Irish)
    Andy O'Brien (UCD)
    Adrian Flavin (London Irish)
    Frank Roche (Bohemians)
    Donncha O'Callaghan (Cork Constitution)
    Damien Broughall (UCD)
    Chris McCarey (Ballymena)
    Aidan Kearney (St. Michael's College)
    Neil Coughlan (UCD)

Replacements: John Reynolds (Watsonians), Aidan Considine (Bective Rangers), David Mescal (Ballina/UCG), Chris Good (RBAI), Ben Urquhart (Methodist College), Chris Schofield (Bangor), Conor Fitzgerald (Garryowen).

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mareegoo

Ireland's U-19 Rugby World Championship Win In 1998 under Declan Kidney.

The Ireland Under-19 Team that day was:

Donovan Rossi (Clontarf)
    Matthew Cupitt (Instonians)
    Shane Moore (UCD) (capt)
    Brian O'Driscoll (UCD)
    Darragh Holt (UCC)
    Paddy Wallace (Campbell College)
    Kieran Campbell (London Irish)
    Andy O'Brien (UCD)
    Adrian Flavin (London Irish)
    Frank Roche (Bohemians)
    Donncha O'Callaghan (Cork Constitution)
    Damien Broughall (UCD)
    Chris McCarey (Ballymena)
    Aidan Kearney (St. Michael's College)
    Neil Coughlan (UCD)

Replacements: John Reynolds (Watsonians), Aidan Considine (Bective Rangers), David Mescal (Ballina/UCG), Chris Good (RBAI), Ben Urquhart (Methodist College), Chris Schofield (Bangor), Conor Fitzgerald (Garryowen).

true but not being disingenious to that team, they did have an easy route with a lot of nations not playing that tournament.....this time our guys have done it the hard way (NZ, Wales, Argentina all blown away....)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

bilston wrote: »
    I didn't realise that Reddan was retiring after the game on Sat.

Hopefully he gets a winning send off to a fine career.

Isn't that what happened with stander 2 weeks ago?

It's Friday evening and I'm don't really feel like doing any work so here's a bit of a tin foil hat bib theory related observation that is likely to be as wrong as saying that the UK will now have £350 m a week to give to the NHS

In this pic from todays captains run all the starters are wearing bibs with the subs, granted there are only 2 of them, just wearing t-shirts. One of the players wearing a bib is Finlay Bealham.

Clue6fNXEAACSYy.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

b.gud wrote: »
    It's Friday evening and I'm don't really feel like doing any work so here's a bit of a tin foil hat bib theory related observation that is likely to be as wrong as saying that the UK will now have £350 m a week to give to the NHS

In this pic from todays captains run all the starters are wearing bibs with the subs, granted there are only 2 of them, just wearing t-shirts. One of the players wearing a bib is Finlay Bealham.

Clue6fNXEAACSYy.jpg:large

If you really had time on your hands you would have went to Inpho's website and searched for another captains run pic that had Jack in it. But you didn't and now we're worried..

andymx11 wrote: »
    If you really had time on your hands you would have went to Inpho's website and searched for another captains run pic that had Jack in it. But you didn't and now we're worried..

I did for that but like any good conspiracy theorists I choose to ignore the facts that don't suit my theory :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

INPHO_01076886.jpg

NOBODY PANIC!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,016 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Andrew Trimble is one seriously photogenic son of a gun.

What's the weather meant to be like in Port Lizzy tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Sorry for the stupid question, but I'm in Madrid tomorrow. What time is kickoff local time there?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

harney wrote: »
    Sorry for the stupid question, but I'm in Madrid tomorrow. What time is kickoff local time there?

5pm I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

errlloyd wrote: »

5pm I think.
    Was that 1700 GMT or 1800 GMT?

• Advertisement

Spain is on European summer time so it's 1500 GMT or 5pm in Spain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 344 ✭✭Kobe248

Was that 1700 GMT or 1800 GMT?

Local time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

To buck trend a little....I think we'll win...and win comfortably enough.

Jesus lads.. Of all the years lurking I've never seen a fourm so quiet on match day..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,542 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

andymx11 wrote: »
    Jesus lads.. Of all the years lurking I've never seen a fourm so quiet on match day..

That's because (a) there's a different match thread (b) there's a **** load of other rugby on (Women's, U20s) (c) everyone's out drinking for the match or the NIRE football match (d) everyone's out drinking for Pride.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

MJohnston wrote: »
    That's because (a) there's a different match thread (b) there's a **** load of other rugby on (Women's, U20s) (c) everyone's out drinking for the match or the NIRE football match (d) everyone's out drinking for Pride.

Well I'm proud of the team but I wouldn't consider that a reason to drink! I can think of plenty of other reasons :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement