Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,699 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nintendo Switch My Way – The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEjU5jCOs8Q

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Am I missing something? Theres nothing new there is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Thargor wrote: »
    Am I missing something? Theres nothing new there is there?

Karen is married and now has a baby?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is awesome, it's a wooden map of BOTW.
    q3l6ic3ph1e21.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/am82in/wooden_map_i_made_from_breath_of_the_wild/

Edit: Holy Gigantasaurus, that's a big image.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

sligeach wrote: »

Incredible !
    Nintendo could do a labo version of this.

conormario wrote: »
    Incredible !
    Nintendo could do a labo version of this.

They can't. Labo isn't waterproof. ;)

Melting the Laws of Physics with the World Overload Glitch... in Zelda Breath of the Wild!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSbH4WDn2QU

"Now just keep that up... by doing it another 175 times or so..."

Eh, you're alright. I'll pass. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Even watching glitch videos and speedruns etc I get so depressed listening to the music and sound effects knowing it will be so long (if ever) before I get to play a game like that again.

Thargor wrote: »
    Even watching glitch videos and speedruns etc I get so depressed listening to the music and sound effects knowing it will be so long (if ever) before I get to play a game like that again.

I definitely think there will be a new game with the same engine in the next couple of years ... With dungeons !
    They'd be nuts not to do it. Unless they want the next Zelda to be the system seller for the next console

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,584 ✭✭✭Inviere

BotW is essentially a ported Wii U game. I’d like to believe it’s successor will make an appearance on the Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

To be fair, once they switched (see what I did there? :pac:) development to the Switch as the primary platform, thus cutting out all the Wii U based features, the Wii U version essentially became the port.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,584 ✭✭✭Inviere

Star Lord wrote: »
    To be fair, once they switched (see what I did there? :pac:) development to the Switch as the primary platform, thus cutting out all the Wii U based features, the Wii U version essentially became the port.

They removed features that the game was designed to have though. The game was developed and built for the Wii U, and had its release delayed until they changed some bits so it could work on the Switch. It’s 100% a Wii U game, ported to Switch. The game was sitting waiting to be released but couldn’t be, because they wanted to dual release it on both systems ala Twilight Princess.

It’s fine, doesn’t really make any difference to anything, but I’d like to see a Zelda designed and built from the ground up with the Switch in mind. I’d say we’ll get that, that engine is good for at least another game, if not two.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Just got this recently,

Have only played an hour, but I am blown away. Its great love the mobility of link and the ability to climb everything is great.

Sights & Sounds - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

We all have our favorite gaming spots at home. But if you’re up for an adventure, don’t forget there’s a whole world of sights and sounds out there to discover. How do you play Nintendo Switch?

Filmed at Rattlesnake Ridge Trail in North Bend, Washington, United States.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFB0DjRH9Js

Irish YouTuber Matthewmatosis and his incredible analysis of BOTW:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRA1QTTAxys

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Just got handed this as an early birthday present. Never played Zelda before, cant wait to get stuck in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

TheDoc wrote: »
    Just got handed this as an early birthday present. Never played Zelda before, cant wait to get stuck in

I'm very jealous. This was my first zelda too. It's now my favourite game ever.

I'm very jealous. This was my first zelda too. It's now my favourite game ever.

Yep, it's a magical game.
    They created a masterpiece.
    Enjoy it and take your time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

TheDoc wrote: »
    Never played Zelda before

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Srsly though, enjoy! but then go back and play the other Zelda's to :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭nedd

nix wrote: »

I have only half heartedly played other Zelda games, would love to give them another go now. But, how? I would love to play them all on the switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I never owned a Nintendo till the Switch. And most of my mates weren't Nintendo people either. So I'm sure zelda has passed a good few people by.
    Tried paying the NES zelda on Switch Online but i don't think I'd have the patience for it. SNES zelda looks a bit more approachable.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,603 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I hadn't actually realised BOTW is the only post NES Zelda available on Switch.

Don't they more or less churn out every 3D one on every console? (Which I am in favour of, lest this seem like complaining).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah they really should make efforts to transfer the other console zeldas to the switch, they did it for the WiiU for most of them, so i doubt it would even take them long..

You can play Ocarina of time on the handheld 3DS, which in my opinion is the best Zelda there ever was.. Playing it on handheld would probably be the better option also, as it might feel too dated for some on the big screen.

There was a HD polish of the Wind Waker on the Wii U, which is great, it would be great to play on the big screen either way as the way they done the graphics made it timeless. Its also another gem of a game.

I never actually got through Twilight princess myself, i was Zelda'd out when i jumped into it, and i wasnt enjoying it as much as expected, so shelved it. Same with skyward sword, though i think skyward sword was more of a controls issue as it was the Wii version and i hated those controllers :( Its meant to be an amazing game though, so id like to see that get a switch port to give it another whirl.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Yeah it's only really with the Switch and investing into Nintendo have I overcome the "Nintendo is for kids and nan kids" stereotype.

Sure most of the games are aimed at kids but I'm really enjoying them, and having a 4yr old daughter playing everything with me has been a new and brilliant experience.

How to Disable/Become Immune to Temperature Changes in Zelda Breath of the Wild

https://youtube.com/watch?v=5ne6fTM1nlA

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Finished this last night,

Still have 28 shrines left to complete. Got all the ancient armor set, mostly upgraded.
    Found the end boss a bit too easy, maybe I was a bit Op with the armor set and fully upgraded master sword

Amazing game though the design and level of freedom is unparalleled pips RDR2 for me anyway in sheer fun factor.

May finish of champions ballad at some stage but want to dive into sekiro for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Any download the VR update yet?

Edit: not out until tomorrow.... :(

Zelda BotW's 1.6.0 Update Makes Load Times Way Faster! Time Difference Compared!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Q6SjeUa993Y

I bet they didn't work on a Wii U patch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I don't think it's possible on the Wii U, since apparently the patch overclocks the CPU during the loading screens. Basically uses a "Boost mode" that was added in FW 7.x, rather than optimising some code. So they'd need a FW update for the Wii U as well, I'd imagine.

Advertisement