Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Banjo wrote: »
    The great thing is that there's usually something worth finding under those stones and something worth looking at just over the next hill. Right up to the end you're still stumbling upon things.

Gash ! Now I'm jonesing for some Wild!

You give me hope :) thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Is there no way to put a manual marker / way point on the map?

Of course, just go into the map and place a marker, there's a selection of different ones. The coloured markers (that you can also place on something you can see using the Sheikah slate) will always show up on the edge of your mini-map, so you know what direction it's in. (which IMHO is much better than it laying down a path for you to follow, you can find your own way there and enjoy the discovery along the way!)
    Banjo wrote: »
    The great thing is that there's usually something worth finding under those stones and something worth looking at just over the next hill. Right up to the end you're still stumbling upon things.

Gash ! Now I'm jonesing for some Wild!

Do as I'm doing, get your ass into Master Mode, it's a whole new ballgame, and I say that as someone that's played this game from release!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

You can do divine beasts in any order but some are a lot more difficult than others I found. I ended up doing the one near Gerudo second and found him very tough.

skerry wrote: »
    You can do divine beasts in any order but some are a lot more difficult than others I found. I ended up doing the one near Gerudo second and found him very tough.

Definitely the toughest of the Blights!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

whats Master mode?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

Star Lord wrote: »
    Definitely the toughest of the Blights!

I was on the verge of abandoning it and just doing the other beasts and going back but I persevered. There are certain power ups that make the fight easier but I didn't have any of them. Broke my heart he did.

nix wrote: »
    whats Master mode?

Master Mode is available if you've got the DLC pack. It's a much harder version of the game where all of the enemies are tougher, and there are higher level enemies. And they regenerate health!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,967 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Gerudo was my first Divine Beast. Sure why start at the easier ones?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I think Revali's beast is one of the easiest but I did it last. That's part of not being told what order to do them in :)
    Lucky enough I did the Gerudo one third.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

None of the bosses are exactly Dark Souls level tbh, any Lynel is harder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Lynels are just the best/worst of the game. No matter how far you progress, it always feel like they can put a quick end to your notions of mastery.

Thargor wrote: »
    None of the bosses are exactly Dark Souls level tbh, any Lynel is harder.

Slight DLC spoiler:
    Challenging the bosses a second time, for faster reloading of their abilities with limited weaponry is harder, doing the same in master mode when they regenerate health is almost impossible!

Lynels aren't that bad, apart from when they gang up on you in multiples!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Had a great time with this last night, was doing
    the side mission where you have you have to rescue the sheep on the beach
    and saw a shrine out on the sea but I couldn't get to it, so I went around to the other side to see if there was a path out there, there wasn't so then I noticed another shrine on top of a mountain so decided to go that, on the way I came across two on horses so laid low as I wasn't sure how strong they were, then I got chased by a bull :D and eventually made to said shrine :D.

Glad I stuck with it. Gig to Kakariko village.
    It feels like proper Zelda now :)

Stupid question time.

I’m currently completely lost and clueless in breath of the wild.

It’s so vast I can’t comprehend it or even figure the basic stuff out.

What’s an amibo? What does it do and do I have to get it?

What’s an amibo? What does it do and do I have to get it?

They are little figurines and have digital content attached to them for specific games, at least thats my understanding of them, you do not have to get them, its just an added unnecessary expense. I just ignore them or any in game stuff relating them that pops up.

amiibo-hero-mobile.jpg

With regards to getting lost in BOTW, it happens, i myself set a dungeon in my sights and then just done some exploring on the way, i tried not go far off the path when exploring on the way. The game will take you all over most of the map eventually. Do that for the first dungeon or two and then spend alot of time exploring, mix it up :)

If you're finding it overwhelming and are completely lost, i would advise looking up what dungeon to go to first, then second, third etc in terms of easy to difficult.

Thank you. So they’re not necessary?
    I’m lost and frustrated with this game and I’ve loved the franchise since I was a kid. So doing every temple and shrine is important. Completionist ahoy.

I probably shouldn’t even worry about them but I want the full experience

Thank you. So they’re not necessary?
    I’m lost and frustrated with this game and I’ve loved the franchise since I was a kid. So doing every temple and shrine is important. Completionist ahoy.

I probably shouldn’t even worry about them but I want the full experience

Yeah just take your time, the map is massive and traversing it gets easier the more you progress through the game. Like games to this scale, its a lot to take in at the start.

Just pick a dungeon/corner to explore and go for it :)

Yeah just take your time, the map is massive and traversing it gets easier the more you progress through the game. Like games to this scale, its a lot to take in at the start.

Just pick a dungeon/corner to explore and go for it :)

I will. Thank you :)

I’ve had loads and loads of accidental discoveries already.
    Usually Zelda games follow a linear narrative and process. You have to do this in order to progress to this.

Not so with this one at all.

It’s tough unlearning what I have learned.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I will. Thank you :)

I’ve had loads and loads of accidental discoveries already.
    Usually Zelda games follow a linear narrative and process. You have to do this in order to progress to this.

Not so with this one at all.

It’s tough unlearning what I have learned.

The advice I give is to focus on upping your stamina when you get orbs instead of health for the first while. Stamina helps you explore much much easier as you can climb higher cliffs and sprint for much longer. If your focus is on exploration you won't need the additional health and health can be got if needed from cooking the right ingredients to exceed the max health.

She's a slow burner but you'll get lost in it and have 100 hours done in a blink.

• Advertisement

The advice I give is to focus on upping your stamina when you get orbs instead of health for the first while. Stamina helps you explore much much easier as you can climb higher cliffs and sprint for much longer. If your focus is on exploration you won't need the additional health and health can be got if needed from cooking the right ingredients to exceed the max health.

She's a slow burner but you'll get lost in it and have 100 hours done in a blink.

Rhymes with what my pal told me.
    He said go for the koroks. Do that quest first and it’s worked. Build up your inventory and then dive in to shrines.

It’s still above my head but the korok thing has helped. It’s zelda as I understand it. Puzzling out things and getting rewarded.

I will follow yours next too though. Thank you!

Is it 100 hours? Does anyone know how big or long this game is?

Is it completeable??

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

You could spend 200 hours if you wanted to. And then there are speed runs done in under 30 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,967 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

As long as you have the beasts on your map, you'll have an idea of where to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Some good advice in here on what to do in the game. But also, if you're not enjoying it don't force yourself to play it. Not everyone loves this game. There's too many good games out there to play for you to spend time playing a game that might not be for you.
    How many hours have you played?

Some good advice in here on what to do in the game. But also, if you're not enjoying it don't force yourself to play it. Not everyone loves this game. There's too many good games out there to play for you to spend time playing a game that might not be for you.
    How many hours have you played?

I got it specifically to play this one. Love the series since Link to the past on the SNES :) Not really sure on how many hours?
    15 or so maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I hope your experience improves. But if it was me id have probably given up by now on it.

I hope your experience improves. But if it was me id have probably given up by now on it.

Learning/improving your game has massive pay offs and bleeds into other games my dood :)

Just to be clear, thereve been a lot of those (classic) wtf am I supposed to do here moments and then when you figure it out it’s brilliant :)
    The shrine in Kakariko Village had me stumped. I couldn’t beat the guardian there to teach you battle moves and I broke the two weapons the shrine provided. Then ran off exploring to find weapons to keep trying. Like 4 or 5 times!

But it clicked in the end. That lovely feeling of satisfaction is brilliant.
    Main reason I’ll stick with it. It can frustrate you for hours on end, as all zelda games do. But the payoff when you figure it out is fantastic :)

I broke the two weapons the shrine provided.

Yeah its the one and only thing i hated about this game, constantly having to find new weapons. Theres no joy in finding a new melee weapon, all of them, any new cool looking weapon you find, just takes a lil longer than usual to break.

I really hope they lose that mechanic in the sequel, but i very much doubt they will :(

• Advertisement

Yeah its the one and only thing i hated about this game, constantly having to find new weapons. Theres no joy in finding a new melee weapon, all of them, any new cool looking weapon you find, just takes a lil longer than usual to break.

I really hope they lose that mechanic in the sequel, but i very much doubt they will :(

It is super frustrating that side of it. But I understand it too. He’s kind of just invincible but making them constantly breakable adds to that urge to explore to replace them I think is what they’re going for. I could well be wrong.

Advertisement