Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Lads stop telling him what to do! Part of the enjoyment and brilliance is not having a defined route layed out.

Go explore an area. Realise you are not prepared. Find a way to survive. Maybe pick up a decent weapon on your way out etc.

Sephiroth, do what you want to do and not what you think you should be doing. The story and quests will naturally work their way into your play style.

I agree with your sentiment but really the one thing i wish i had known on my own playthrough not far in was about the said character. Meeting him is pretty essential in fairness and it was a royal pain in the áss when i managed to miss him and rambled quite a bit on in the game, got frustrated, eventually figured what(who) i had missed with a bit of online research, and found my way back to find him. LOTS of time wasted. I know the game's greatest charm is it's openness, but i think in this one regard it should have been made next to impossible to not meet this character before the game really opened up. Didn't want to see a fellow gamer suffer the same fate, hence the advice offered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

manual_man wrote: »
    I think I must have paraglided over his fat àss :D

I
    met him once, early on in my first playthrough. I took an attempt at his side quest, but got butchered doing so. Following on from that death, the side quest slipped under my radar, until several hours after I finished the main story.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Made it to kakariko village, where should I head after this? I take it I'll fighting a divine beast next?

You can if you like but I chose to expose the map early on. It's a good way to explore. You'll find shrines, koroks and all sorts of loot along the way.

By the time you expose it all, you should be powered up enough to take on any divine beast you like. Depending on what you know about the divine beasts, you might want to do some before others.

If you feel like a challenge, you can head to the castle. I won't say anything about it other than that it's worth a look.

Since you're in kakiriko, you should do the usual zelda thing and go talk to people and look around the shops. As someone else said, Impa will give you some ideas.

I've reached the end after nearly 200 hundred hours of taking my sweet time and just wandering about. I've maxed out everything and all that's left is the final boss. I absolutely loved the journey from having to hit bokoblins with a tree branch while wearing rags to becoming capable of taking on anything. I can't wait for the next.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

manual_man wrote: »
    You'll want to bump into a character called Hetsu, if you already haven't. Minor spoiler
    he's not far from Kakariko village. I managed to miss him on my own oriinal playthrough so had to go back and find him!

Yup bumped into him already.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Sephiroth, do what you want to do and not what you think you should be doing. The story and quests will naturally work their way into your play style.

Ah ya I will I was just wondering what other people did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,699 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

One thing I'd recommend is activate the towers in each section of the map. It's very helpful. But yes, do as you like. I too missed
    Hestu
    for a long, long time. His initial location is silly and easily missable.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,960 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sligeach wrote: »
    One thing I'd recommend is raising the towers in each section of the map. It's very helpful. But yes, do as you like. I too missed
    Hestu
    for a long, long time. His initial location is silly and easily missable.

I found him by accident.

Definitely agree with the towers. I made a b line for them when I spotted one in the distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I used to just activate a tower then zoom in on the new map section and drop a load of pins on anything interesting, everything else flowed from that, I didnt use any guides and I dont think I missed much tbh.

I don't want to spoil too much, but the hidden memories are well worth seeking out too. Flesh out the story a tad, and are actually quite emotional. Also,
    dat ass

• Registered Users Posts: 19,603 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I don't want to spoil too much, but the hidden memories are well worth seeking out too. Flesh out the story a tad, and are actually quite emotional. Also,
    dat ass

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Just finished it, really enjoyable. Ganon fight was a let down though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah the last fight was a total letdown, you got the feeling they wanted to go
    or a big Shadow of the Colossus running battle out on the plain but they couldn't do it and ended up doing a simple target shooting thing on basically a big statue
    , Ive had Korok seeds give me more of a challenge, a single Guardian is way more dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Thargor wrote: »
    Yeah the last fight was a total letdown, you got the feeling they wanted to go
    or a big Shadow of the Colossus running battle out on the plain but they couldn't do it and ended up doing a simple target shooting thing on basically a big statue
    , Ive had Korok seeds give me more of a challenge, a single Guardian is way more dangerous.

I think that's the consensus. I found him extremely easy but I was definitely over-powered after around 200 hours of gameplay and I went in with very powerful weapons. It almost felt like cheating. I actually found the earlier bosses more difficult because of the limited abilities and less powerful weapons.

It's hard to know what they can do with the final boss in such an RPG like botw. The open world nature of the game allows you to go after him as soon as you finish the tutorial section so they obviously took that into account when setting his difficulty. Unfortunately, if you choose to do all the shrines and side quests and farm enough gear, you end up being a God by the time you take on the final boss.

As an aside, the DLC quests provide a decent challenge for anyone looking for extra difficulty. I haven't done Trial of the Sword yet but the extra story/shrine mode is actually quite hard in a few places. One of the shrines that I did yesterday was quite sadistic and I managed to die 3 times to a boss. I think that the devs knew that the game was a bit easy and offered something harder as DLC.

Zelda: BOTW has finally crossed the 1 million milestone mark in Japan for Switch physical sales.

Software Sales (followed by lifetime sales)

1. [PS4] Dark Souls Remastered (From Software, 05/24/18) – 19,870 (91,608)
    2. [PS4] Detroit: Become Human (SIE, 05/25/18) – 16,932 (56,480)
    3. [NSW] Splatoon 2 (Bundle Version Included) (Nintendo, 07/21/17) – 14,317 (2,350,839)
    4. [PS4] BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle (Limited Edition Included) (Arc System Works, 05/31/18) – 11,696 (New)
    5. [NSW] Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze (Nintendo, 05/04/18) – 11,534 (154,571)
    6. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 10,656 (1,562,148)
    7. [PSV] Full Metal Panic! Fight! Who Dares Wins (Limited Edition Included) (Bandai Namco, 05/31/18) – 10,520 (New)
    8. [NSW] Kirby: Star Allies (Nintendo, 03/16/18) – 8,655 (517,963)
    9. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Limited Edition Included) (Nintendo, 03/03/17) – 6,722 (1,004,689)
    10. [PS4] Liar Princess and the Blind Prince (Limited Edition Included) (NIS, 05/31/18) – 6,487 (New)

https://gematsu.com/2018/06/media-create-sales-5-28-18-6-3-18

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

sligeach wrote: »
    Zelda: BOTW has finally crossed the 1 million milestone mark in Japan for Switch physical sales.

Software Sales (followed by lifetime sales)

1. [PS4] Dark Souls Remastered (From Software, 05/24/18) – 19,870 (91,608)
    2. [PS4] Detroit: Become Human (SIE, 05/25/18) – 16,932 (56,480)
    3. [NSW] Splatoon 2 (Bundle Version Included) (Nintendo, 07/21/17) – 14,317 (2,350,839)
    4. [PS4] BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle (Limited Edition Included) (Arc System Works, 05/31/18) – 11,696 (New)
    5. [NSW] Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze (Nintendo, 05/04/18) – 11,534 (154,571)
    6. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 10,656 (1,562,148)
    7. [PSV] Full Metal Panic! Fight! Who Dares Wins (Limited Edition Included) (Bandai Namco, 05/31/18) – 10,520 (New)
    8. [NSW] Kirby: Star Allies (Nintendo, 03/16/18) – 8,655 (517,963)
    9. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Limited Edition Included) (Nintendo, 03/03/17) – 6,722 (1,004,689)
    10. [PS4] Liar Princess and the Blind Prince (Limited Edition Included) (NIS, 05/31/18) – 6,487 (New)

https://gematsu.com/2018/06/media-create-sales-5-28-18-6-3-18

i say normal The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild sold more then The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Limited Edition

3D printed Zelda: Breath of the Wild Shrine. Impressive.

https://imgur.com/a/HWfGo9S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

I have this game just sitting on my switch since christmas, really need to quit my job and stop playing sports :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Just restarted this after 6 or 7 months, had all the shrines etc, cant believe there is only 1 safe on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Just started playing this again for the first time in 4 months. Just startin the 4th Divine Beast. Still a few memories to get and about 30 shrines undiscovered. 110 hours in. This game is immense.
    I'm very tempted to just head for Ganon straight after I complete this dungeon.

• Advertisement

Just started playing this again for the first time in 4 months. Just startin the 4th Divine Beast. Still a few memories to get and about 30 shrines undiscovered. 110 hours in. This game is immense.
    I'm very tempted to just head for Ganon straight after I complete this dungeon.

I'd suggest getting the memories, but whatever about the shrines.

But I did the same thing. Was basically farting around in the game, having a ball, but went to defeat Ganon before the game became "stale".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Last 12 Shrines I used a faq map to locate them. You'll get through them easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

in legend of zelda on the nes, snes, minish cap, wind waker, Ocarina of time, twilight princess, The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. skyward swords and a link awakening , link always describe as the descent goddess Hylia not zelda so why change it

Took on Ganon last night. It was my first time going into Hyrule Castle in the 120 hours gameplay I've clocked up. Got him down to about 10% health and then I was beaten. One or 2 more attempts should do it. He looks very impressive. Was playing on handheld but might switch to big screen for my next attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Anyone no the best place to buy this cheap?

It's over......... I've beaten it........ Now what?
    :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,603 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Did you get all the shrines?

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Did you get all the shrines?

Na. I'll go back and get them at some point. Gonna give the game a break for awhile. Got all the memories.
    Hands down it's the best game I've ever played. I needed to finish it but I'm sad it's over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Hyrule isn't done with you yet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

My very short but barely comprehensible take on botw after about 30 hours (at a guess).

I'm loving the game, bit directionless the way I'm playing it though (my fault, not the game). I'm just trying to unlock all the towers, and missions and side missions happen along the way. I ended up doing my first divine beast thing because I was just chatting to the Zorans.

The elephant beast thing was actually very straightforward to defeat ( the puzzles took me an age, but the fight was easy), seemed to be much easier to defeat than the machines in the "major test of strength" shrines or whatever they're called.

The map is so vast I think that's the reason I've ended up just doing things as they come up, also I prefer not to use fast travel which is probably stupid ( but the game looks so lovely, even at 720p on a Wii U I don't want to miss stuff). My kids are helpful guides since they are many hours ahead on the switch. They tell me to mark things on the map, or photograph useful stuff which I'm still not doing as much as I should.

I also don't like selling much from my inventory even though I probably don't need 120 fangs or 30 Amber. It'd be nice if the Wii U controller displayed your inventory and also animals you're chasing occasionally just vanish but they're minor quibbles.

Finally, I am obsessed with buying/finding arrows, weapons could do with being a bit more solid, and bomb arrows are worth every penny.

Yeah, not insightful or useful in any way so apologies for that.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Advertisement