Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Jesus those loading times are insane, I played through this in a Wii U emulator on my gaming pc and I doubt the loading screens were there for longer than 5 seconds, most of the time you barely had a chance to read the tip before it was loaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Have a go of Lego City Undercover, if you want to experience loading times.
    It'd be great if a patch was released for that, which could take advantage of the Boost Mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,967 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

All shrines done. Stealth and Guardian armour acquired and big horse found. So apart from side quests and koroks, I think I'm done. May go lynel hunting as I avoided them.
    Suppose the dlc is the next option

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Having jumped back into Master Mode recently, I've just got the Master Sword and beaten the third of the Divine Beast bosses... with Thunder Bastard Blight Ganon waiting for me...

Haven't spent much time gathering resources and upgrading armour, but getting to feel perhaps I should devote a little more time to that, so that I am not staring death in the face from just a single hit from an ill timed dodge, or a sneaky stab in the back when tackling multiple enemies!

Will probably try the Sword Trials too, get that sweet upgraded Master Sword while it will still be of use to me!

Also, been listening to this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Have started a new master mode file meself, due to a lack of appealing rpgs for me on switch.

Got my ass kicked by the moblins its much harder wjen you are rusty and havemt played in awhile xD

• Advertisement

Haven't ventured into the sword trials yet, but I did venture into Hyrule Castle to get the Hylian Shield...

And got my ass kicked along the way by the various guardians on the way to the castle. Either I've gotten a lot more rusty, or the window for a successful parry/deflection of their beams is much tighter in Master Mode.

(or both...)

Star Lord wrote: »
    Haven't ventured into the sword trials yet, but I did venture into Hyrule Castle to get the Hylian Shield...

And got my ass kicked along the way by the various guardians on the way to the castle. Either I've gotten a lot more rusty, or the window for a successful parry/deflection of their beams is much tighter in Master Mode.

(or both...)

You havent gotten rusty, the timing of the beams are different for master mode so you have to relern the pattern :3

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Theres a sequel on the way already!

Looks like it will be using a lot of the same resources so we might have it soon aswell, I cant believe it tbh :D

Looks like they're quite a ways into development, to be able to release a story based trailer like that...

Can't wait, tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,699 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 - Is Ganondorf Back?! (Real-Time Analysis)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=p0Z70FFOSh4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭nedd

Are they going to us a Super Mario Galaxy style lift the castle on rockets to another location? I am replaying BOTW now and I love it. But if part 2 is just a different story set in the same location then I’m not sure about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I wonder if they'll use that 'Aliens' idea they showed off at a conference a good while back, when they were showing off ideas that had bern considered for BOTW. It did look like the castle was going to move somewhere.

jesus they didnt waste anytime bringing out a vid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Has reversed the audio track yet? Have they pulled a Zelda's Lullaby/Ballad of the Goddess-like deal again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Mr.Saturn wrote:
    Has reversed the audio track yet? Have they pulled a Zelda's Lullaby/Ballad of the Goddess-like deal again?

Someone already reckons its a manipulation of Zelda's lullaby reversed and pitch shifted

https://www.reddit.com/r/musictheory/comments/bzhv2i/lets_analyze_the_new_zelda_trailer/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Grassey wrote: »
    Someone already reckons its a manipulation of Zelda's lullaby reversed and pitch shifted

https://www.reddit.com/r/musictheory/comments/bzhv2i/lets_analyze_the_new_zelda_trailer/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Or the game over music from the original Legend of Zelda:
    https://youtu.be/P41zDDqjsbI?t=793
    (Full video is pretty good, but doesn't point out how the wall behind Zelda and Link when Zelda is riding the buffalo creature looks a lot like Majora's Mask... (Looks like the eyes, with Zelda just below them)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Literally just got this an hour ago and just started now. Standing on the great plateau.

Now for the best bit. Having no effin clue what to do next :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,699 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

A couple of snippets of interview with Aonuma about the sequel to BOTW.

ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD SEQUEL IS NOT RELATED TO MAJORA'S MASK - E3 2019
    The sequel will not have a relation to Majora's Mask.

https://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2019/06/11/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-sequel-is-not-related-to-majoras-mask

Breath Of The Wild Sequel Producer Won't Say If You Can Play As Zelda

https://kotaku.com/breath-of-the-wild-sequel-producer-wont-say-if-you-can-1835456283

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Explore like you've never explored before! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Having not played this in over a year due to feeling overwhelmed I got back into it last night and I'm thinking why did I ever leave it! All I did was complete two shrines and climb a tower but it felt like an adventure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Literally just got this an hour ago and just started now. Standing on the great plateau.

Jealous. Enjoy every second of it.

Jealous. Enjoy every second of it.

Update

Ok I’m completely bewildered and lost and confused.
    I know this one is completely different to the format I’m used to but it’s proving to be a whole lot more difficult to come to grips with than I thought.

I will persevere. With the aid of a comprehensive walkthrough by my side. Only for reference. Not for complete cheat sheet. I always wanted to be able to explore unheeded in this world. And this is that. But I’m obsessive about the side missions and extra stuff. Will only glance through the need to have / where to go stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Update

I know this one is completely different to the format I’m used to but it’s proving to be a whole lot more difficult to come to grips with than I thought.

I will persevere. With the aid of a comprehensive walkthrough by my side. Only for reference. Not for complete cheat sheet. I always wanted to be able to explore unheeded in this world. And this is that. But I’m obsessive about the side missions and extra stuff. Will only glance through the need to have / where to go stuff

I would follow the first way point you are told to find after leaving the great plateau. Once you've done that i would go in any direction honestly. I've heard so many different stories from people who had massively different stories to tell of things they've seen that i never saw and vice versa. That's the beauty of it. You might play it an hour and see something i didn't see in 120 hours.
    The way points are there for when you want to work on the main storyline. But if you're anything like me you'll end up filling the map up yourself with markers of things in the distance that look interesting to explore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

It was the first Zelda game you could play the dungeons/divine beasts in any order

eyerer wrote: »
    It was the first Zelda game you could play the dungeons/divine beasts in any order

Link between worlds had that too, so wasn't unique in that respect. Same with the original LoZ!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Star Lord wrote: »
    eyerer wrote: »

Link between worlds had that too, so wasn't unique in that respect. Same with the original LoZ!
    OK I didn't play Link Between Worlds.
    A lot of dungeons in the original you need items from previous dungeons to reach them, like the raft or ladders.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is there no way to put a manual marker / way point on the map?

Update

I'm probably a bit further along than you but I felt the same this time last year which is why I put it down for a year, now I'm just going where I want, if a see a shrine i do ,chat to everyone, I'm currently in a village beginning with h and at the highest point I've already seen things in the distance I want to go to .

I'm probably a bit further along than you but I felt the same this time last year which is why I put it down for a year, now I'm just going where I want, if a see a shrine i do ,chat to everyone, I'm currently in a village beginning with h and at the highest point I've already seen things in the distance I want to go to .

I’m all that. But have a deep need to find every secret and in this case overturn every stone
    But it’s so endless and vast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The great thing is that there's usually something worth finding under those stones and something worth looking at just over the next hill. Right up to the end you're still stumbling upon things.

Gash ! Now I'm jonesing for some Wild!

Advertisement