Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza ovens

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

The new Gozney Dome is beautiful but not available until Spring 2022 and costs €1,099!

https://eu.gozney.com/products/dome

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Does anyone here use the larger gas canisters with their ooni?

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

Anyone seen Caputo 00 pizzeria flour in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Try supervalu and Centra’s, they seem to have it from time to time

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Is the pizzeria flour a specific type of Caputo? They had the red and the blue types in my local SuperValu in Cork today. They also had the Mutti pizza sauce which I was going to pick up but then saw a pizza sauce made in Wicklow so decided to buy Irish :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Lotts and co normally have the blue caputo.

Pete123456 wrote: »

From what I’ve seen they do the blue 00 but it’s not pizzeria. I’ve ordered from Italy previously but the shipping is mad money!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Lads anyone know where can i get a pizza steel in dublin ? My stone broke yesterday so looking to go the steel route !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Few pies from home
    Oven yesterday !!

From what I’ve seen they do the blue 00 but it’s not pizzeria. I’ve ordered from Italy previously but the shipping is mad money!

I buy the pizzeria flour from Adimaria in England and use An Post AddressPal i usually order early enough on a Thursday morning and its delivered to my house on Monday morning or you can choose to collect from your local post office that works out cheaper.

https://www.adimaria.co.uk/rice-flower/caputo-blue-pizzeria-flour-00-1kg

• Advertisement

I buy the pizzeria flour from Adimaria in England and use An Post AddressPal i usually order early enough on a Thursday morning and its delivered to my house on Monday morning or you can choose to collect from your local post office that works out cheaper.

https://www.adimaria.co.uk/rice-flower/caputo-blue-pizzeria-flour-00-1kg

Have you chanced other stuff from them? I assume it would be risky to order cheese or meat?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭philidub

I've never seen the pizzaria one in the shops, have been looking for a while too

Found 25kg bag of the pizzeria one in musgraves.

Have you chanced other stuff from them? I assume it would be risky to order cheese or meat?

Only got the flour and san marzano tomatoes so far ,but im going to get the premium pepperoni and fior di latte mozzarella sometime next week,id imagine it will be all vac packed so might not be to risky.

Only got the flour and san marzano tomatoes so far ,but im going to get the premium pepperoni and fior di latte mozzarella sometime next week,id imagine it will be all vac packed so might not be to risky.

Yeah I’m curious about ordering mozzarella, pepperoni and nduja, just curious about whether the temps would fluctuate too much. Then again temps in general are lower this time of the year.

Would you mind please sharing how you get on? :)

Yeah I’m curious about ordering mozzarella, pepperoni and nduja, just curious about whether the temps would fluctuate too much. Then again temps in general are lower this time of the year.

Would you mind please sharing how you get on? :)

Yeah you're right i never thought of the temperature :o ,I'll post here when i get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

I picked up this outdoor table for my Koda 16 from Ikea. Perfect size so thought I'd share for anyone else looking at tables to store theirs.
    https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/p/sjaelland-table-outdoor-dark-grey-light-grey-s29262435/

Any recommendations for a tidy enough waterproof cover for the Koda 16?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

donnacha wrote: »

Ooni should have them or at least I got one for my Ooni 3. They're specific to the shape of the oven so nothing else will be as good. They're a rain cover but also double as a carry bag. Buying it from the UK site and using Parcel Motel worked out cheaper for me than using the EU site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Pipmae

This fits like a glove.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07VS4XWKW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

Pipmae wrote: »

Assume its 80 litre one you got? Just doesn't seem to be in stock for shipment to Ireland at the moment. The 70 litre is but likely a bit small.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Assume its 80 litre one you got? Just doesn't seem to be in stock for shipment to Ireland at the moment. The 70 litre is but likely a bit small.
    Yes I got the 80 litre. The 70 litre would be too small I'd say as the 80 litre is a perfect fit.

The 80 litre covers the top of my Weber Spirit as well so I actually bought a second one.

You could try Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Hello beautiful people. Once again 2020 and the covid bastard has cancelled a holiday/weekend/festival on the Red Beards. Tis a sad ship we sail.
    However, science has repeatedly proven that pizza makes everything better. So I've had a chat with myself and I see an Ooni in my future. The ceist I have for you beautiful folk is should I go for a Frya, a Koda or a Karu?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Hello beautiful people. Once again 2020 and the covid bastard has cancelled a holiday/weekend/festival on the Red Beards. Tis a sad ship we sail.
    However, science has repeatedly proven that pizza makes everything better. So I've had a chat with myself and I see an Ooni in my future. The ceist I have for you beautiful folk is should I go for a Frya, a Koda or a Karu?

For simplicity, and I know how important that is to you buccaneers, I’d go for the Koda. :)

We got the Karu last week, fired it up 3 times so far using a mix of charcoal and wood and it's amazing!

Our reasoning for going for the Karu was that it's versatile in terms of fuel - charcoal, timber or gas. We would BBQ quite a lot during the summer, so we always have charcoal and timber, but gas will definitely be the easiest during the winter.

No matter which you choose you won't have any regrets!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah if I was buying one in the morning id get the Karu on the basis of it being flexible on the type of fuel. Gas is a major advantage in winter because you can turn it on, go back inside to prepare your pizzas and then sit down until the 20 minute heading period is up. Whereas with the wood pellets Im using it takes about 3 trips to top up the hopper until it gets up to 450ish. I dont mind that in summer because Id be sitting out there anyway reading a book but in winter its a bit of a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Me hearties!! A Karu be sailing towards the Red Beards.

scarepanda wrote: »
    We got the Karu last week, fired it up 3 times so far using a mix of charcoal and wood and it's amazing!

Our reasoning for going for the Karu was that it's versatile in terms of fuel - charcoal, timber or gas. We would BBQ quite a lot during the summer, so we always have charcoal and timber, but gas will definitely be the easiest during the winter.

No matter which you choose you won't have any regrets!

Out of interest why did you not go for the Ooni Pro?

Out of interest why did you not go for the Ooni Pro?

Mainly price tbh. Figured If we actually make good use of the Karu and an upgrade would be worth it then we could move to the pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭carq

Have a koda - great bit of kit and very convenient - no clean-up.

Whatever you pick will be good.
    Worth spending the extra on an Ooni than going cheap on a BBQ pizza insert or those ridiculous la hacienda monstrosities.

• Advertisement

carq wrote: »
    Have a koda - great bit of kit and very convenient - no clean-up.

Whatever you pick will be good.
    Worth spending the extra on an Ooni than going cheap on a BBQ pizza insert or those ridiculous la hacienda monstrosities.

Definitely. Real pizza needs to be cooked above 380-400C minimum. The BBQ inserts dont even get as hot as your home oven!

Advertisement