Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza ovens

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭philidub

Where did you see it in 25kg bags? I’d love one of them!

Italicatessen on Unify app, order minimum is 50.

Musgrave too if you have access to a card.

I thought it was a pain to store a 10kg bag, I don't have that kind of room for a 25kg bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭RonnieL

philidub wrote: »
    Where are you buying the caputo pizzeria flour? I've only seen it in 25kg bags so far

It only comes in 25KG bags I think, although I've seen repackaged 1KG bags on amazon for crazy money. My brother picks it up for me in Musgraves, and I split it with a neighbour. 22 euro for the bag I think it is. I bought a big container from solent plastics to store it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,489 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The caputo flour comes in 1KG bags. Usual places have it. Fallon & Byrne, Get Fresh, Dollard and Co, The Best Of Italy....

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭RonnieL

The Nal wrote: »
    The caputo flour comes in 1KG bags. Usual places have it. Fallon & Byrne, Get Fresh, Dollard and Co, The Best Of Italy....

Caputo pizzeria? I got 1KG caputo flour in a blue packet before, but it wasn't as good.

RonnieL wrote: »
    Caputo pizzeria? I got 1KG caputo flour in a blue packet before, but it wasn't as good.

Ive seen it yeah. Havent used it though. The pizzeria flour is for longer proofing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Where are you buying the caputo pizzeria flour? I've only seen it in 25kg bags so far

Can get it delivered by Adi Maria using parcel motel or similar

https://www.adimaria.co.uk/rice-flower/caputo-blue-pizzeria-flour-00-1kg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭jharr100

Super valu carrigaline have the red or the blue caputo for 2 euro, a bag, I've been using the red and it makes lovely thin crispy pizza dough..

jharr100 wrote: »
    Super valu carrigaline have the red or the blue caputo for 2 euro, a bag, I've been using the red and it makes lovely thin crispy pizza dough..

Yeah my local Supervalu has them also but its not the pizzeria 00 flour ,ive been using the red one myself and find it great too.

Interesting, thanks. That's a lot cheaper than Amazon have it, I have ordered one to compare it to Stagioni pizzeria flour which can be gotten in quite a few places.

I definitely noticed a difference between the Pallas 00 flour and Stagioni, interested to see if I notice any difference with caputo pizzeria and Stagioni pizzeria flour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭wandererz

Have a pack of 100 12" pizza boxes that i accidently doubled up the order on.

Let me know (via PM) if anyone is interested in them €20 for the lot. Located in D15 area.
    Great if you are doing pizza's for the neighbours or friends to take away rather than seeing your own plates disappear.

No immediate use for 200 of these, so i may as well see if any of you fine folk are interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

How much is the delivery? The delivery page on the website isn’t working.

el_gaucho wrote: »

£22 to Northern Ireland,but i use An Post AddressPal for delivery and it costs £7.99 and collect it from my local post office.

£22 to Northern Ireland,but i use An Post AddressPal for delivery and it costs £7.99 and collect it from my local post office.

Do you notice much of a difference between that and anything you can pick up over here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

Your order from Ooni europe has been shipped
    ...yip yip !!

Do you notice much of a difference between that and anything you can pick up over here?

Could be all in my head but i do find a difference its easier to work with and tastes nicer

Ham, chili and...........pineapple later.

DecentConsciousKawala-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Kantes

Long time lurker. Jealous of all the amazing photos here. Gave in and ordered earlier in the summer!

Ooni Karu arrived this week. Fired it up this evening for a test run with some quick pizza bread before proper pizza for guests tomorrow 🀀. So impressed with it. No regrets.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

Kantes wrote: »
    Long time lurker. Jealous of all the amazing photos here. Gave in and ordered earlier in the summer!

Ooni Karu arrived this week. Fired it up this evening for a test run with some quick pizza bread before proper pizza for guests tomorrow 🀀. So impressed with it. No regrets.

Very brave having people over on the first week! :D 🀣 It took me a month to stop making accidental calzones! Enjoy!

The Nal wrote: »
    Ham, chili and...........pineapple later.

T'was delicious.

Capture.png

Very brave having people over on the first week! :D 🀣 It took me a month to stop making accidental calzones! Enjoy!

Too brave I think! So many lessons learned. Added the toppings too early, dough got a bit soggy. Pizza stretching skills need a lot of work too! But wow, even with those failings, really tasty. Not looking the fanciest mind you, but they lasted about 30 seconds before being devoured!

• Advertisement

Too brave I think! So many lessons learned. Added the toppings too early, dough got a bit soggy. Pizza stretching skills need a lot of work too! But wow, even with those failings, really tasty. Not looking the fanciest mind you, but they lasted about 30 seconds before being devoured!

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Kantes wrote: »

Fair play - braver than most I think all the same. I find it’s a balancing act.. if you use too much dough for a pizza it’s very stodgy and hard to make sure it’s cooked unless your technique is excellent. Too think and you almost tear it.

I think overall if I could move my kitchen outside so I could make as much mess as I want I would be inclined to practice more often. I feel bad about creating mess and walking in and out with stuff.

Pete123456 wrote: »
    Fair play - braver than most I think all the same. I find it’s a balancing act.. if you use too much dough for a pizza it’s very stodgy and hard to make sure it’s cooked unless your technique is excellent. Too think and you almost tear it.

I think overall if I could move my kitchen outside so I could make as much mess as I want I would be inclined to practice more often. I feel bad about creating mess and walking in and out with stuff.

Even what size to make your dough balls, Ooni say 160g but from what I've seen the most common would be around 230g, my latest batch are 190g.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tonkpills

el_gaucho wrote: »

If you have a Musgrave’s account you can get a 25kg bag of Caputo Blue bag for just under €22.

If any of you pizza lovers want a bag, I’d be happy to meet up on my next Musgrave’s shop (Sallynoggin). They sell pizza peels and pizza meshes if you wanted to try a slow cook New York style pizza in your oven!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭the_galway_fry

Apologies if it's been asked before but does anyone have a good gluten free dough?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tonkpills

Apologies if it's been asked before but does anyone have a good gluten free dough?

I use Caputo Fioreglut and Onni’s recipe. If you wrap the dough balls in cling film for the final proof it makes for an easier unwrap before making the base.

https://ripasso.shop/products/flour-fiore-gluten-free-1kg

https://ooni.com/blogs/recipes/gluten-free-pizza-dough

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭the_galway_fry

Thanks mate

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

tonkpills wrote: »
    If you have a Musgrave’s account you can get a 25kg bag of Caputo Blue bag for just under €22.

If any of you pizza lovers want a bag, I’d be happy to meet up on my next Musgrave’s shop (Sallynoggin). They sell pizza peels and pizza meshes if you wanted to try a slow cook New York style pizza in your oven!

Any idea how much their pizza peels are? And are they strict about having a retailers card or will they let cash customers in? I know years back they werent strict but maybe thats changed. Ive a friend of a friend who has a Musgraves card but would prefer not call in a favour if I dont have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Any idea how much their pizza peels are? And are they strict about having a retailers card or will they let cash customers in? I know years back they werent strict but maybe thats changed. Ive a friend of a friend who has a Musgraves card but would prefer not call in a favour if I dont have to.

You need a number, if you get the number off your friend you’re sorted forever more

You generally just rock in and shout the number at them as you walk towards the desk. You will also need the number at the till and just say you want to pay cash or card (if there was an a/c associated with the number)

The peels are in the image, but bear in mind you need to add VAT and also the size is the handle length, the shortest is grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Cheers Pete will check that out and try to get one.

Advertisement