Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philip Cairns' Murder finally confirmed?

Options
1394041424345»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,494 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

33 years ago this week. Seems the Eamonn Cooke lead has ran out of steam a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Whatever happened to Gareth O' Callaghan and his covert operation?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,519 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Whatever happened to Gareth O' Callaghan and his covert operation?

I think the Cairns family requested a cessation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

John_Rambo wrote: »
    I think the Cairns family requested a cessation.

Pure speculation on my part but it sounds like the family know a lot more than they are saying, was a weird/cultish set up with them to begin with.

Pure speculation on my part but it sounds like the family know a lot more than they are saying, was a weird/cultish set up with them to begin with.

I'd be in agreement that the family and the Garday may know a lot of stuff that can't be proved. But I'd disagree that the family had a weird set up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

John_Rambo wrote: »
    I'd be in agreement that the family and the Garday may know a lot of stuff that can't be proved. But I'd disagree that the family had a weird set up.

I read reports it was another level of Catholic worship.

Nothing unusual about that, even so recently. I don't think it had any bearing on the tragedy. Still hoping the family get closure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Where ?
    A work colleague of mine years ago was interviewed a number of times over being in the area at the time , she wasn't involved in anything, detectives were just trying to see if she noticed anything unusual or out of the ordinary.
    She also knew the family and always said the were an ordinary family with nothing peculiar about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 IrishColdCases

Hi, does anybody know anything about the two women Gareth O Callaghan also mentioned? Eva Brennan missing from Rathgar since July 1993 and Claire Boylan missing from Terenure since March 2003.

God I remember well the vitriol of this thread, poured on the woman who was a child when it happened. Absolutely disgusting.

@IrishColdCases I thought Eva was the woman from Terenure. She had a history of severe depression, went to her parents' for family lunch that day, apparently there was a big argument between her and her family and she dashed off upset, god love her. That was her last known sighting.

I'm not familiar with Claire.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement