Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 199

Options
1232425262729»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

mailburner wrote: »
    It's funny how few actually mention this but you are right (haven't read all of thread either though)
    The fact that dan is a legend and a hero to many makes it ok it seems
    If it were a less known fighter folks would be calling for a ban surely?
    I will say at the time I was delighted to see lombard put to sleep and would be no matter who he faced tbh and herb should have got in there a little quicker too imo

dunno what it is with hendo, he just seems to get no flac for any of the sh!tty things he does, how the whole trt thing goes unmentioned is crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

It's funny how few actually mention this but you are right (haven't read all of thread either though)
    I will say at the time I was delighted to see lombard put to sleep and would be no matter who he faced tbh and herb should have got in there a little quicker too imo
    Depp wrote: »
    dunno what it is with hendo, he just seems to get no flac for any of the sh!tty things he does, how the whole trt thing goes unmentioned is crazy

It was part of my bet so I'm glad he made sure of the ko :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

mailburner wrote:

I hate Dan Henderson he is a scumbag.

I even hate him more for being a hypocrite, bitching about machida when he failed a test, but happy to abuse the living **** out of TRT.

Himself and vitor running around looking like beepob and rocksteady.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

https://twitter.com/bisping/status/740960564164206592

Bisping absolutely lapping this up ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Rumours bisping offered hendo a title shot

• Advertisement

dave1982 wrote: »
    Rumours bisping offered hendo a title shot

dont blame him wanting that one back, he probably feels aggreived with the h bomb and hendo being a drug cheat and all!

Depp wrote:
    dont blame him wanting that one back, he probably feels aggreived with the h bomb and hendo being a drug cheat and all!

I'd pay the ppv price alone for that fight.

I hate Hendo..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,377 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Would be a joke if Hendo got that fight though, so many ahead of him in his division. Bisping vs Weidman up first in NYC, Rockhold vs Jacare in a title eliminator on the same card, and the winners of each face each other sometime next year. That's how I'd like to see it play out.

martyos121 wrote:
    Would be a joke if Hendo got that fight though, so many ahead of him in his division. Bisping vs Weidman up first in NYC, Rockhold vs Jacare in a title eliminator on the same card, and the winners of each face each other sometime next year. That's how I'd like to see it play out.

If right is rightiys jacare vs bisping
    And Rockhold v Weidman in New York as an eliminator for title shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,377 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

jcd5971 wrote: »
    If right is rightiys jacare vs bisping
    And Rockhold v Weidman in New York as an eliminator for title shot.

Jacare isn't a big enough draw to main event MSG and he does feck all to promote his fights, he's too friendly to talk shîte. Yes he deserves the next shot, but Dana and the boys don't really give a crap tbh, the Weidman fight is a moneymaker, Jacare isn't. Based on that alone, it's easy to tell which option they'll go for.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote:
    Jacare isn't a big enough draw to main event MSG and he does feck all to promote his fights, he's too friendly to talk shîte. Yes he deserves the next shot, but Dana and the boys don't really give a crap tbh, the Weidman fight is a moneymaker, Jacare isn't. Based on that alone, it's easy to tell which option they'll go for.

My fault not clear I'd put bisping v Jacare on a separate ppv 202? Or something like that. It would need a good card to sell. Could be a good fox title card like rda cowboy was.

I don't think new York needs another big fight if it gets Rockhold v weidman

jcd5971 wrote: »
    My fault not clear I'd put bisping v Jacare on a separate ppv 202? Or something like that. It would need a good card to sell. Could be a good fox title card like rda cowboy was.

I don't think new York needs another big fight if it gets Rockhold v weidman

I'll be very surprised if Jacare gets the fight, yeah he deserves it but weidman or rockhold are the money fights. if i was bisping id push for the hendo fight, earn back that loss, make a shedload of cash then bow out at the top!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

You're talking about years and years of instinct taking hold. In that split second you can't tell if a fighter is out cold And have to go for the win. It's on the ref to jump in as you mention. I don't think it's scummy, looks excessive but he wouldn't have survived this long as a fighter if he held back.

Easy Rod wrote: »
    You're talking about years and years of instinct taking hold. In that split second you can't tell if a fighter is out cold And have to go for the win. It's on the ref to jump in as you mention. I don't think it's scummy, looks excessive but he wouldn't have survived this long as a fighter if he held back.

no i`d excuse in ring stuff, a fight is a fight and as long as your not pulling a palahares on it fair enough, that's what refs are for, if anderson silva had done the same against bisping who knows where we'd be this week.

I think hendo is a scumbag for going mental on trt using every loophole he could find. his argument he could not fight without it has been proven blatantly false.

That`s all bad but then to come out and slate machida for taking an accidental supplement, what a fooking hypocrite.

I hate him ( it's irrational i know sorry)

TRT is only extra testosterone that your body produces anyways he wasnt taking epo or anything like that,sure its illegal but he was hardly like some of them on all sorts of stuff roided to the gills like a body builder.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,153 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Gamebred wrote: »
    TRT is only extra testosterone that your body produces anyways he wasnt taking epo or anything like that,sure its illegal but he was hardly like some of them on all sorts of stuff roided to the gills like a body builder.

Not sure if you are trolling or being stupid

Mellor wrote: »
    Not sure if you are trolling or being stupid

Might of needed it for issues with family planning or thinning skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Easy Rod wrote: »

that second elbow left a bad taste tbh and he certainly knew bisbing
    was out
    I blame dean as much this time though, he should have got in before that second elbow landed

• Registered Users Posts: 39,153 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Might of needed it for issues with family planning or thinning skin.

Maybe, but I wasn't actually referring to whether of not Hendo's TRT was justified. It's a can or worms,

I was talking about this part;
    TRT is only extra testosterone that your body produces anyways he wasnt taking epo or anything like that
    Saying it's only testosterone is silly. Test is the most fundamental anabolic steroid hormone. EPO isn't a steroid.

The "juiced to the gills" bodybuilders you mentioned (mostly) base their cycles around testosterone. All the other stuff they take with it is either modified testosterone or there to prevent the negative effects and help them start their natural production afterwards.

kSVk66C.jpg?acfcde

Left=Trt, Right=No Trt
    First off the changes in Physique are obvious, on trt you're stronger, faster and you've more energy than without, ergo it is a dangerous performance enhancing drug especially in fighting and if you use it you are a drug cheat.

• Advertisement

seriously vitor.jpeg thats trt abuse and hendo was just as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

kSVk66C.jpg?acfcde

Right=Trt, Left=No Trt
    First off the changes in Physique are obvious, on trt you're stronger, faster and you've more energy than without, ergo it is a dangerous performance enhancing drug especially in fighting and if you use it you are a drug cheat.

Main difference there is his hair. Is that a side effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Main difference there is his hair. Is that a side effect?

Yes, it can cause baldness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

kSVk66C.jpg?acfcde

Right=Trt, Left=No Trt

The one on the left is the trt one.

kSVk66C.jpg?acfcde

Right=Trt, Left=No Trt

Class management to get those sponsors but you've got to feel for Jesus. He's lost out on a lot of promotion since the Reebok deal came in.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Class management to get those sponsors but you've got to feel for Jesus. He's lost out on a lot of promotion since the Reebok deal came in.

He's doing ok, I heard a rumour he doesn't even pay the fighters any sponsorship money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    He's doing ok, I heard a rumour he doesn't even pay the fighters any sponsorship money.

Salvation of the soul is its own reward. Bless your ignorance my child.

newbbieb wrote: »
    The one on the left is the trt one.

bollocks I always mix them up! :mad:

Just saw Henderson got paid 800k for his fight at 199. I was saying he needs to retire but getting paid that kind of money I dont think he will retire just yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement