Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 199

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Depp wrote: »
    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/jun/05/michael-bisping-luke-rockhold-ufc-homophobic-comments

sad to see theyre jumping on it already, from the guardian no less, faggots! :D:D:D

Knew some muppets would jump on that.

PC tosspots.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

mdwexford wrote: »
    Knew some muppets would jump on that.

PC tosspots.

its a weird thing with the english media and the way theyre almost set on tearing down their own sports stars sometimes

just sitting here waiting for the sun or somesuch to come through with 'Disgusting homophobe wins ufc middleweight title' headline :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Jeremy Botter didn't hold back. Has a serious dislike for dana and ferttita's

Called them all scumbags

https://streamable.com/fysr

Could watch this all day, the accuracy and fluidity in the strikes is fantastic, also the killer instinct to get in and finish like that is a hugely underrated skill!

Depp wrote: »
    https://streamable.com/fysr

Could watch this all day, the accuracy and fluidity in the strikes is fantastic, also the killer instinct to get in and finish like that is a hugely underrated skill!

Agreed. The body shot leads to rockhold turning his chin into the left hand.

• Advertisement

Agreed. The body shot leads to rockhold turning his chin into the left hand.

and it wasnt a big flurry of strikes or anything it was three precise shots, body, chin, let him back up and chin again, game over, an outrageously skillful finish, bravo michael bisping

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Yeah, they should just give everybody a free pass to use homophobic slurs, shouldn't they?

Bisping knew it was wrong immediately, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't get pulled on it.

Yeah, they should just give everybody a free pass to use homophobic slurs, shouldn't they?

Bisping knew it was wrong immediately, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't get pulled on it.

No he knew the pr sh1tstorm that was coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

No he knew the pr sh1tstorm that was coming.

Not his first time either. Didn't he say the same to Riveira?

Exactly. He uses the word, so what. Unless rockhold conplains its a non issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Who gives a **** what he said. People get upset about anything these days and a big deal is made about anything

Look lads, its a word thats been used as an insult going way back, maybe its not right to use it in that context but thats the way it was, bisping clearly had a few and he let it slip, hes no tyson fury yet :D

Yeah no biggie I think. He immediately corrected himself.

Yep people should be allowed say what they like.

This having to watch every little thing in case some fools get offended has gone beyond a joke at this stage.

He said it in the heat of the moment after a few beers, of course it's understandable. That doesn't mean he shouldn't get called out on it.

If he'd beaten a black fighter and called them "******", would he get the pass everyone here is so keen to give him?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Only just watched and with 15 mins left in the download I figured it had to be rock getting it done early
    In complete shock but thrilled to bits for bisbing

He said it in the heat of the moment after a few beers, of course it's understandable. That doesn't mean he shouldn't get called out on it.

If he'd beaten a black fighter and called them "******", would he get the pass everyone here is so keen to give him?

Not nearly the same level of insult in my opinion but personally I don't give a crap what anyone calls anyone else.

Would a black fighter saying same thing be called out?

Perhaps not, but that's not the topic. Even if it was, it's a lot more nuanced and complex one than this.

He called him a ******, he shouldn't have, he knows he shouldn't have and if he gets pulled on it by the media, then he should accept. (Which I've no doubt he would).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

I'm pretty sure Jon Jones was called out on using the exact same word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Crazy how much Domonic hates Urijah.

It's so clear that he is obsessed with being jealous of him. I don't understand.

Urijah was right when he said Dom made him his enemy, he chose Urijah.

Like at the end of the post fight conference, a journalist gives an opporunity to bury the hatchet and Urijah basically says he has no problems but there will always be a rivalry with him team as they are in the division, he even says 'Dom is OK' to finish the discussion.

Dom just straight up goes back to saying that Urijah is making money off his team mate and making sly digs.

So bizarre.

I'm beginning to really hate him, he's so ****ing weird. Usually I like weird.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 A. B. Username

Crime of the century.

I'm sobbing tbh.

WarZ wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Jon Jones was called out on using the exact same word.

He must be the only one its happened too.

Words are just that words. Too many people waiting to take offense

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

This alongside randy beating big Tim the best moment in the sport for me but the way this happened makes it more special
    I didnt think a bisbing ko was remotely possible

just re-watched the presser loved when rockhold started spouting about fighting again on two weeks notice and bisping just comes back, 'youve got a 90 day suspension buddy, you got knocked out!'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Mellor wrote: »
    You said the punch that dropped him was close to fingers in the eye.
    The image you posted wasn't from a punch or strike, that's all I'm saying.
    It was a palm across the face with zero force. Nothing to see here stuff imo
    That's what Im talking about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

If you watched Bisping in Scotland last year and said theres the future champ you'd of been wheeled of by men in white coats,impossible really is nothing.

Kirby wrote: »
    Faber repeatedly paid Cruz compliments, called him a great champion, stated he was outclassed, etc. Tons of olive branches and Cruz just couldnt resist sh*tting on him. Cruz needs to know when to be gracious in victory tbh.

Yup - i rewatched it and you're right! Cruz is a funny duck though - think it was either Brendan Schaub or Joe Rogan who spoke about how his driven nature did not make for a nice person...

Not sure why that presser left such a bad taste for me but it did… In retrospect I wonder if some of the muted atmosphere and Bisping's crowing was down to Henderson's being there: funny how all that played out. Must have been extra sweet for The Count: as the testing rules changed his star has only gone up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Gamebred wrote: »
    If you watched Bisping in Scotland last year and said theres the future champ you'd of been wheeled of by men in white coats,impossible really is nothing.

Post USADA really is throwing up some magical moments.

• Advertisement

I'm sobbing tbh.

Crime of the century.

I'm not the easily offended type. I don't give a crap that he called him that.

Advertisement