Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 199

Options
  • 01-06-2016 1:15pm

Wow cannot believe I have to be the one to say this but, anyone wanna start the ball rolling?

I don't think cruz has the power to stop faber and with his work rate and style, I see a full distance being had, with Cruz keeping the belt, unless faber gets a lucky overhand, then again but if a younger TJ dillahsaw couldn't do it.......QED!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

153xub.jpg153xub

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

rusty cole wrote: »
    I don't think cruz has the power to stop faber

Oh, so you think Faber will win.
    with his work rate and style, I see a full distance being had, with Cruz keeping the belt

Oh so you think it will be Cruz.
    unless faber gets a lucky overhand

So it's gonna be Faber.
    then again but if a younger TJ dillahsaw couldn't do it.......QED!

Who the hell do you think will win?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Paully please come back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Are they saying boo or boourns?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

BOHtox wrote: »
    Oh, so you think Faber will win.

Oh so you think it will be Cruz.

So it's gonna be Faber.

Who the hell do you think will win?

Think he's saying Cruz by decision

• Advertisement

dave1982 wrote: »
    Think he's saying Cruz by decision

thank you dave yes, I just went about it arse backwards.

I think it will go the distance with cruz for the win by decision. jasus lads I only started the bleeding thread, I'm not the sunday independent ;)

I'm actually looking forward to Holloway vs Lamas ( or Lame ass) as I call em!

does anyone favour bisping for an upset? I don't really. he has cardio for days but I see rockhold taking em and I'll go for round 3. I like bisping though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

BT sports 2 is after going on my tv box not a bit happy if I miss this card. Although I'll probably still stream it but it's just not the same :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Rang them up to cancel and they gave me it for half price for 3 months.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Rang them up to cancel and they gave me it for half price for 3 months.

Haha no I've got one of those dodgy internet boxes unfortunately:P and it's literally only BTS2 that's gone :(

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Haha no I've got one of those dodgy internet boxes unfortunately:P and it's literally only BTS2 that's gone :(

Ah yeah ive one them android things meself wouldnt trust it so I kept my bt sub works fine all week then by the weekend ufc rolls around and bt goes as ya say or lags badly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Use Fox Sports 1/2 Instead!

:eek: lucky you! All my channels have gone from about week ago :mad: I've been too busy to look into 'fixing' them. Check if there are any updates for your box, that could be your bts2 problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Read this week that the bt HD channels have apparently gone the same way as the sky HD ones, just use bt 1/2 sd instead

Devastator wrote: »
    :eek: lucky you! All my channels have gone from about week ago :mad: I've been too busy to look into 'fixing' them. Check if there are any updates for your box, that could be your bts2 problem

Ah that's ****e :( Yeah I've updated it and all haha. I'll give the guy a ring tomorrow

@ASOT Don't have fox sports unfortunately :(

Ah that's ****e :( Yeah I've updated it and all haha. I'll give the guy a ring tomorrow

@ASOT Don't have fox sports unfortunately :(

put the name of your box into google, chances are there are tech forums that you'll get an answer from. I know my bts europe was off but I found it away up in channel nos 1200(completely random) or something so you could check that. It could just be a temp outage also, which if your box is as dodgy as mine happens often enough :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Read this week that the bt HD channels have apparently gone the same way as the sky HD ones, just use bt 1/2 sd instead
    sh1t..am only finding this out now

same as that unfortunately

hopefully a rescan will bring it back

rescan...then reboot
    mine is back again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I like all four guys in the title fights but would love to see Bisping and Faber get their hands on the belts. Slim chance of even one of them pulling it off though.

Bispings ramblings in interviews are very annoying he interviews himself nearly him and his destiny ****e is doing my head in looking forward to Luke head kicking him again and shutting him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Really looking forward to the main event, even moreso than I was looking forward to the original main event.

Really hope Bisping can do it!

• Advertisement

If I could make one thing happen in mma i'd give bisbing the belt
    He has every chance if he can keep it standing for five rounds but once rock gets him down it'll go down the same way as the last one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Yeah I'm rooting for Bisping even though I really can't see him winning. His interviews are getting repetitive now but I find his unique brand of passion very endearing. Rockhold is a bit more reserved in his pursuit of his own dream.

I would've reckoned that this fight would end very similarly to the last one with a submission in the early rounds but Rockhold seems to be gunning for a highlight reel KO so maybe it'll be kept standing. Would prefer that to be sure

A lot of bispings wins are from multiple strikes and a swarm etc, he doesn't have real knockout power so it's a chess match here with the longer reach as I see it going to rockhold.

I'm still saying rockhold in the 3rd with a powerful shot followed by shots and stoppage! said shot could be a liver kick drawing elbows down exposing the chin, or hook kick glancing the head, similar to before or just a good long powerful punch from planted feet.

I like bisping too but think he'll be beaten maybe even by the lack of conditioning for taking the fight late on, despite his protests that he's fighting fit every week.
    he has stamina for days but he'll be tired as it goes on.

ha ha ha remember his subtitles in the ultimate fighter!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,377 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That was some press conference! Anyone else see it? Used to like Faber but he's coming off as an idiot when he tries to talk trash at Cruz, Dominick is just too smart for him. I could listen to Bisping all day too, really hope he can pull off the upset on Saturday but I wouldn't put a penny on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Yeah it was great, Bisping is hilarious. Cruz talks extremely well. Very intelligent chap and that definitely reflects in his technicality in the octagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I like watching Rockhold fight but outside the ring he is just so arrogant and irritating. I suppose that's what happens when you grow up rich and good looking.

He's much better than Bisping but I wouldn't be upset at all if Bisping manages to do it. It's unlikely, but he has a slim shot.

I thought it was ridiculous faber saying he's fought the past few years and cruz is on the sidelines. all those years and he still comes up short. Cruz comes back when recovered and literally picks up where he left off or manages in one hard fought 5 rounder, what faber couldn't do in all them years fighting, stupid line of commentary for faber.

in saying that, faber is in a nice position as the trilogy gives em his best shot in years against a guy he fought twice and beat once, it's a win/win for him anyway.

I like the two of them, off camera even though there's bad blood, they're both two of my favourite fighters of all times. I'm still taking the champ to, dare I say "CRUZ" to victory!!:o

yeah I've no appetite for rockhold either, I hated the way he sat grinding his teeth beside McGregor at pre fight UFC 194. I like bisping, from the day he walked in TUF house, he's been both funny and annoying but likeable. I didn't like how rockhold slagged of his eye twice to get a rise out of em.

Really excited for this card, hope Holloway finishes Lamas and gets in the mix for a title shot.
    I can't see Cruz losing this one, he will be too elusive and technical and will edge the win.

I realllly don't give Bisping a hope to be honest, Rockhold is on another level and I'll think he'll finish him quick.

The press conference was a bit of craic, Bisping was as annoying as always. Rockhold struggled with the banter and so did Faber.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

The press conference was a bit of craic, Bisping was as annoying as always. Rockhold struggled with the banter and so did Faber.

With the exceptions of Sonnen and Cruz I don't think the Americans can trash talk at all, especially when up against the likes of Bisping or McGregor.

Different culture I suppose, Bisping and Mcgregor grew up in cultures that rip the piss out of each other constantly so the banter comes natural ha

• Advertisement

Rockhold is an alpha male living the dream the people that hate him have insecurities

WAR ROCKHOLD

Advertisement