Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€15 - 20GB + Unlimited any network calls and texts + free roaming - Lycamobile

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I ported, can make calls, can't receive them. Support are escalating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

My port working fine, went through on Time

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

Good news - late last night I inserted my Lycamobile sim, bought a bundle and set up number forwarding.

It was scheduled to go through at 8.00am this morning and by 8.30am my number had transferred. Data started working immediately.

I'm very happy, but my god the website is difficult to use.

Thanks again for this bargain alert.

website is shocking compared to tesco.
    How do I auto renew a bundle? I see that auto top up is a different beast which makes it more confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

I have been half an hour on the website trying to set up an automatic bundle. The first time I tried the page started to reload and now every time I attempt it again it says another transaction is pending. I

Couple with the general difficulty of navigating the site I am not impressed. I can honestly say that at the first sign of this offer expiring/changing negatively I am out the door. Hopefully I'll also get to meet the people that designed that site and those that approved it for use down a dark alley at some point in the future.

Edit: I'm out. This offer isn't worth the hassle.

That was one of the single most frustrating experiences I have ever had. I think I ran into the same person the others were dealing with before.

I've tried twice on a PC running chrome to do the automatic monthly bundle and both times failed. The site told me to ring a number so I did. I spend over 15 mins on hold, go through to someone and was told another dept would fix my problem. 15 mins later, I was through to the same Asian lady the other posters referred to and told that I had to top-up to buy into the bundle. When I told her I wanted to use the website, she told me to do everything I had already done (referesh, clean cookies, use other browsers). When that didn't work she then told me to ring customer service and dial 3, which I had already done 30 mins before.

I've gone back onto the site and tried a third time. It still doesn't work (I have money in the a/c, btw). I am not trying again. I am not ringing customer service to be given the same spiel again. My current network isn't perfect but I can top-up online or in a shop, and coverage and internet speeds/allowance suit me for now. When I have an issue, they get back to me and can usually resolve things quickly.

Dealing with Lyca has been like pulling teeth: I don't know why I can't set up an automatic monthly top up and no one at Lyca is willing or able to help.

May God have mercy on your soul if you go with Lycamobile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I have been half an hour on the website trying to set up an automatic bundle. The first time I tried the page started to reload and now every time I attempt it again it says another transaction is pending. I

Couple with the general difficulty of navigating the site I am not impressed. I can honestly say that at the first sign of this offer expiring/changing negatively I am out the door. Hopefully I'll also get to meet the people that designed that site and those that approved it for use down a dark alley at some point in the future.

Edit: I'm out. This offer isn't worth the hassle.

That was one of the single most frustrating experiences I have ever had. I think I ran into the same person the others were dealing with before.

I've tried twice on a PC running chrome to do the automatic monthly bundle and both times failed. The site told me to ring a number so I did. I spend over 15 mins on hold, go through to someone and was told another dept would fix my problem. 15 mins later, I was through to the same Asian lady the other posters referred to and told that I had to top-up to buy into the bundle. When I told her I wanted to use the website, she told me to do everything I had already done (referesh, clean cookies, use other browsers). When that didn't work she then told me to ring customer service and dial 3, which I had already done 30 mins before.

I've gone back onto the site and tried a third time. It still doesn't work (I have money in the a/c, btw). I am not trying again. I am not ringing customer service to be given the same spiel again. My current network isn't perfect but I can top-up online or in a shop, and coverage and internet speeds/allowance suit me for now. When I have an issue, they get back to me and can usually resolve things quickly.

Dealing with Lyca has been like pulling teeth: I don't know why I can't set up an automatic monthly top up and no one at Lyca is willing or able to help.

But, but, but.... you can top-up in a myriad of outlets in Ireland. Also did you buy a bundle? There is an option there to tick the Auto-renew box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

I found the site fairly OK to use ,yes its a bit cluttered and takes a bit of work to use initally but once i got registered and topped up sure I only need to use it once a month if even,wouldnt let it put me off using the service as its currently the best value by far ATM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Still not ported over. Customer service useless and haven't a clue. Navigating through the website is like trying to find a needle in a haystack, literally. An absolute clusterfcuk of an operation.

If I'm not ported over by tomorrow, I'm out. And will be getting a refund for the three SIM's I paid €12 each for if so.

I'm not even on the network yet, and already I hate them.

Crazy!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Still not ported over. Customer service useless and haven't a clue. Navigating through the website is like trying to find a needle in a haystack, literally. An absolute clusterfcuk of an operation.

If I'm not ported over by tomorrow, I'm out. And will be getting a refund for the three SIM's I paid €12 each for if so.

I'm not even on the network yet, and already I hate them.

Crazy!! :rolleyes:

Customer service is poor by phone.i have to say if you get on to them on Facebook they are great.
    I switched to the 15 e deal ..all Ireland ...got sim yesterday ..my fault I forgot to port my number ..when getting sim. Told them on Facebook what happened ..with two hours ported my old number ....now all texts and calls and 20 GB DATA ..which works great.... delighted I persisted anyway. .thanks to HECTOR on Facebook / LYCA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Customer service is poor by phone.i have to say if you get on to them on Facebook they are great.
    I switched to the 15 e deal ..all Ireland ...got sim yesterday ..my fault I forgot to port my number ..when getting sim. Told them on Facebook what happened ..with two hours ported my old number ....now all texts and calls and 20 GB DATA ..which works great.... delighted I persisted anyway. .thanks to HECTOR on Facebook / LYCA

Talking to Hector myself the last two days on FB, he's been trying to help but number still not ported over though. Such a pain.

Call centre staff are useless, no help whatsoever..

• Advertisement

Hector is indeed great on FB
    my port took 2 mins

UP HECTOR LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Received my SIM this morning, but there is no mobile number on it, or else I can't find it and when I try dialing *132 followed by # or dial 97# it won't work, just says mobile network not available.

But, but, but.... you can top-up in a myriad of outlets in Ireland. Also did you buy a bundle? There is an option there to tick the Auto-renew box.
    Topping up isn't what I want and isn't the issue: I don't want to have to buy a 10 and a 5 or a 20 top up and ring a number or enter things on my phone to buy into the bundle manually monthly when the site offered the bundle already if you use a debit card/account to do it automatically.

I tried to buy a bundle and ticked the auto-renew box and provided bank details (with money in account and card that has been used already) and the site would not accept it. This happened more than once and it provided a ticket and phone number to contact customer services with. I got nowhere after over 30 mins on hold, and no-one could explain (or was bothered as I was told the ring the number I had already dialled in the first place...) about why the transaction did not go through. They don't want my money by the looks of it.

I don't mind: it makes me think if there's a more serious problem then things will be even worse. I mean, it's only now here on boards that I and others have read that they are on facebook doing a half-decent job of it by all accounts.

Topping up isn't what I want and isn't the issue: I don't want to have to buy a 10 and a 5 or a 20 top up and ring a number or enter things on my phone to buy into the bundle manually monthly when the site offered the bundle already if you use a debit card/account to do it automatically.

I tried to buy a bundle and ticked the auto-renew box and provided bank details (with money in account and card that has been used already) and the site would not accept it. This happened more than once and it provided a ticket and phone number to contact customer services with. I got nowhere after over 30 mins on hold, and no-one could explain (or was bothered as I was told the ring the number I had already dialled in the first place...) about why the transaction did not go through. They don't want my money by the looks of it.

I don't mind: it makes me think if there's a more serious problem then things will be even worse. I mean, it's only now here on boards that I and others have read that they are on facebook doing a half-decent job of it by all accounts.

Why you just buy too ups at any centra or any place that does top ups

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I am on my second month. I had to top up in two transactions to make up €15 one €10 and one €5. I got €3 free credit.

Does Any idea on how to set up personal hotspot on iPhone with them? Thanks

Why you just buy too ups at any centra or any place that does top ups
    Convenience of setting payments up and keeping at least €15 in an account and it being taken care of without having to do anything else.

I'd prefer not to buy two top-ups, or spending more money and then entering codes and such.

Lyca blocks hotspots but there are ways around it. Google it because if one method is named it will draw attention and it might be cut off later.

Millem wrote: »
    I am on my second month. I had to top up in two transactions to make up €15 one €10 and one €5. I got €3 free credit.

No hotspot allowed.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I know where they save money. Technical support. Port did not go through correctly, and no one has been able to call me. I can call out, but when they call back, it advises the number is not in service. I reported it Wednesday, but presume it'd been happening for days. Called them every day for updates, still looking into it. Called three times today, and each time they left me on hold to die (6+ minutes of hold, then dies on their end). Requesting a refund on the two bundles I bought.

Moving to 3 for a while today, can't be without phone this long. I know they have bad customer service, so I hope everything goes smoothly!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭54and56

First of all thanks OP for the BA.

I've had completely the opposite experience.

I ordered a sim and got is about a week later. Then I called them on 01 437 2322 to organise for my number to be ported over from 48months. The call took about 5 minutes and the porting was complete within 24 hours.

As soon as the porting was complete I purchased the bundle, ticked the "Autorenew" box, entered my card details and got a confirmation that "Bundle Purchase Successful" and "Bundle Top-Up Renewal Successfully Enabled".

I then used the most appropriate (HTC in my case) video from here http://www.lycamobile.ie/en/mobilewebsettings to set up the Lyca Mobile APN, powered the phone off and back on and bob's your uncle it was all working no problem.

I did a speed test and got 5mb down and .5mb up. For €15 a month AYCE data and calls it's huge value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭54and56

I tried to buy a bundle and ticked the auto-renew box and provided bank details (with money in account and card that has been used already) and the site would not accept it.
    Can you please confirm that you saw an option to pay be direct debit i.e. from your bank account monthly rather than from a debit or credit card monthly? I didn't notice an option to pay by direct debit but would prefer to do so if it's available.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭140490

Using their service for a week now and I'm well happy with it, way better and cheaper then TM

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

So I am currently with tesco mobile on old o2 network, so I should receive the exact same service with lycamobile? Ie same reception and Internet speed?

Ps lycamobile auto corrects to local bile....is this an omen of things to come if I do switch?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,540 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

septicsac wrote: »
    So I am currently with tesco mobile on old o2 network, so I should receive the exact same service with lycamobile? Ie same reception and Internet speed?

Same reception yes and very similar internet speed *

* Each uses their own international backhaul so that may result in different levels of contention.

I find it about same as TM, usual black spots for internet but for the price, it seems to do the job.

I am having trouble with data. I have no problems around home with data usage recorded on mylyca. However when I get to ballincollog or bishopstown in cork, I have the H symbol, plenty of bars but no data will load. Any ideas?

EDIT I manually changed APN from the one that auto loaded on their sim to the one on website and working fine. Dunno why the auto loaded one worked in some places

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭jamesd

Can Vodafone users with unlimited calls to Irish mobiles in their packages ring lycamobile numbers without charge?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

jamesd wrote: »
    Can Vodafone users with unlimited calls to Irish mobiles in their packages ring lycamobile numbers without charge?

:confused: What's that got to do with the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

jamesd wrote: »

They are Irish numbers so yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

septicsac wrote: »
    Ps lycamobile auto corrects to local bile....is this an omen of things to come if I do switch?

Who knows?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tomwarren/ghost-companies-paying-lyca-millions?utm_term=.xiXxw89g0#.ri88VGN2B

Advertisement