Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€15 - 20GB + Unlimited any network calls and texts + free roaming - Lycamobile

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

Zardoz wrote: »
    I paid 5 euro for that, you have to tick renewal in 'Lycamobile local' section of your account. This number will keep working everywhere where Lyca sim is working.

Still a bit confused by how this works. Would I basically have 2 numbers using the one sim, my own Irish one and the new US one?

If so, does that mean when I'm calling Irish numbers it will automatically use my Irish number to make the call, and use my bundled national M minutes? And at the same time automatically use my US number when I'm making calls to other US numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

hots wrote: »
    After literally seconds of looking it looks like it autorenews which is great. No joy finding out about tethering though...

Yep tethering is blocked.

However if you have a rooted phone then you can use an app to help.

If you know nothing about android rooting then you may be best forgetting about this, I don't want to be responsible for bricking your phone ;)

TheDriver wrote: »
    I ordered the sim last night, how long does it take?

Can anyone confirm the correct procedure: Do I receive sim (with bundle paid) and port number, then put into phone and activate?

I remember with some networks that you must port before you activate/buy a bundle as it resets the 30 days.

I got the Sim and inserted it. Then bought the bundle. Then I ported my number. I don't appear to have lost my bundle.
    My only issue is that I didn't order the bundle with the Sim, so I couldn't use the LYCA20 promo code when I went to buy the bundle, but I could use LYCA10.

Oh yes I ordered last Wednesday night and got it Tuesday. Would have been Monday only for it being the bank holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

biebiebie wrote: »
    I got the Sim and inserted it. Then bought the bundle. Then I ported my number. I don't appear to have lost my bundle.
    My only issue is that I didn't order the bundle with the Sim, so I couldn't use the LYCA20 promo code when I went to buy the bundle, but I could use LYCA10.

Oh yes I ordered last Wednesday night and got it Tuesday. Would have been Monday only for it being the bank holiday.
    Thanks, ordered bundle so got 20%. Did u get a dispatch email or did it just arrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Does the code give you 20% of the initial first month only price or fit as long as you roll the contract?

It seemed unclear. Website is a bit busy with images and little information

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Does the code give you 20% of the initial first month only price or fit as long as you roll the contract?

It seemed unclear. Website is a bit busy with images and little information

It's been answered a number of times now in the thread . The code gives you the purchase of the bundle this time only. It's a once off. Next month when you need to buy one it'll be full price again unless they extend the use of the code or there is a new one available.

There is no contract, you buy a new bundle each month in theory

There is no contract, you buy a new bundle each month in theory

Exactly. It's effectively pay as you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Thanks, ordered bundle so got 20%. Did u get a dispatch email or did it just arrive?

You get a confirmation email with a receipt attached.

You get a confirmation email with a receipt attached.
    I got that email, was wondering is there another one when dispatched but seems no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

Chris I thought the 15 euro deal was unlimited calls and texts and 20 GB data what that about your minutes?

I used what was saying only 70 mins allowance and once it was finally used it reverted to 8000 mins so looks like it's working fine.
    Seems when you top up online you get free credit and free minutes. I topped up online twice to the value of 15 euro which gave me the 70 free minutes. It seems to use this allowance first and then start to use your 8000 minutes bundle allowance

No dispatch notification, it just arrived in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

If you know nothing about android rooting then you may be best forgetting about this, I don't want to be responsible for bricking your phone ;)

I'm unrooted at the moment but if ours works the same as the UK ones it looks like you can change the TTL number on the pc and work away from there... something to play with anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭flintash

hots wrote:
    I'm unrooted at the moment but if ours works the same as the UK ones it looks like you can change the TTL number on the pc and work away from there... something to play with anyway.

You dont need rooted phone that acts as hotspot. People use tablets , and you need that one rooted in order to change TTL.
    I came from 3 and while gsm reception better with lyca, internet speed was better with 3 when in 3G zone.

Does anyone here have any more details on when 4g might be coming to Lyca?

I see they both posted about it the end of April but nothing since.

http://www.lycamobile.ie/en/4g-is-coming

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭DylanK

hey guys i just came back from Lisbon, not sure if I did something wrong om setting or whatsoever, but the mobile internet didnt seem to work at all.

Going to Germany and Spain in a few weeks, wonder if they work in those countries?

DylanK wrote: »
    hey guys i just came back from Lisbon, not sure if I did something wrong om setting or whatsoever, but the mobile internet didnt seem to work at all.

Going to Germany and Spain in a few weeks, wonder if they work in those countries?

Did you buy the additional data pack for Portugal?

Anyone know where I can see the networks in the 18 "free roaming" countries that I must connect to? I have tried to search their (crap) website but to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭DylanK

Did you buy the additional data pack for Portugal?

hey yeh I bought the Europe roaming package but nothing seemed to work at all. I did receive a message asking to install the setting and i did but the mobile internet didnt work

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Any ideas where to get a SIM in Sligo. I ordered one but it never came and I am heading to the states next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,004 ✭✭✭✭Esel

dingding wrote: »
    Any ideas where to get a SIM in Sligo. I ordered one but it never came and I am heading to the states next week.
    Possibly CarPhoneWarehouse?

Not your ornery onager

DylanK wrote: »
    hey yeh I bought the Europe roaming package but nothing seemed to work at all. I did receive a message asking to install the setting and i did but the mobile internet didnt work

The Europe roaming package (if it's the one I'm thinking of) is only good for voice and texts.
    You still have to buy an international data package for the specific country you are going to.

Portugal is a whopping €55 for 1G
    Spain is €12 for 1GB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Any ideas where to get a SIM in Sligo.

Try one of the Spar / Gala / Centra / Applegreen type shops although they may not have nano SIM. Cost 99 cent.

SuperValu or XtraVision

• Registered Users Posts: 28 johnnyblues

Anyone know where I can see the networks in the 18 "free roaming" countries that I must connect to? I have tried to search their (crap) website but to no avail.

https: //en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lycamobile

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Anyone know how long it takes to receive your sim card?

https: //en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lycamobile

Its a bloody weird thing when you must rely on wikipedia for info. For Spain, is it only movistar the free roaming works on?

Anyone know how long it takes to receive your sim card?
    Apparently 2-3 days

• Registered Users Posts: 28 johnnyblues

Its a bloody weird thing when you must rely on wikipedia for info. For Spain, is it only movistar the free roaming works on?

yes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Name of App + if you want to tether a tablet it's the tablet that needs to be rooted not the phone yes?

Advertisement