Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€15 - 20GB + Unlimited any network calls and texts + free roaming - Lycamobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Name of App + if you want to tether a tablet it's the tablet that needs to be rooted not the phone yes?

Q1 PM
    Q2 Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

Have to say very impressed with this package. Reception seems miles better where I live compared to meteor. Nice not to worry about Internet usage on phone or having to use webtexts to send messages

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ashgg1

biebiebie wrote: »
    Yep tethering is blocked.

However if you have a rooted phone then you can use an app to help.

Any idea about the wireless hotspot on iOS? Is that also blocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

irishchris wrote: »
    Have to say very impressed with this package. Reception seems miles better where I live compared to meteor. Nice not to worry about Internet usage on phone or having to use webtexts to send messages

I agree day waiting for sim ..is there a workaround for tether I wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Ordered three SIMs with the bundle on each of them last Thursday.. not here yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Ordered three SIMs with the bundle on each of them last Thursday.. not here yet.

same here, still waiting. Money taken from credit card last Fri though

• Registered Users Posts: 13 footballrusty

I ordered last Wednesday and was hoping it would be here by now, but it does says it takes 5 working days to get the sim on the email i received. Tomorrow is day 5 - so should be here......

does it come from UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 johnnyblues

TheDriver wrote: »
    does it come from UK?
    Radius Communications Ireland Ltd
    Boghall Rd
    Bray
    Co. Wicklow

Radius Communications Ireland Ltd
    Boghall Rd
    Bray
    Co. Wicklow

Can't see what the delay is so..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Can't see what the delay is so..

Ordered a sim on 5th June. Never came. Ordered another last Sunday, so here's hoping......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

I ordered 2 last Thursday and they came this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Sneachta

Anyone know how to change location to Ireland for browsing?

NATLOR wrote: »
    I ordered 2 last Thursday and they came this morning.

Hopefully mine arrived too then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

bk wrote: »
    Fantastic deal IMO from Lycamobile.

http://www.lycamobile.ie/en/bundle

Ireland Plus - €15 per month:
    - 20GB 3G Data
    - Unlimited any network (including landlines) calls [1]
    - Unlimited texts [1]
    - Free call and text roaming in 18 countries including UK and US [2] [3]
    - Free calls and texts to Lyca numbers in Poland + Romania

I have to say, an absolutely brilliant deal, totally blows Tesco Mobile out of the water, specially as Tesco Mobile seems to be going down the drain now [4]

And add to all that very good rates for calling and texting international numbers.

[1] Seems to be 8,000 minutes calls and texts Fair Usage Policy, plenty IMO.
    [2] http://www.lycamobile.ie/en/roaming-sim-card
    [3] Calls and texts, but not data, but Lyca also has very good value add on bundles for data roaming too:
    http://www.lycamobile.ie/sysimages/editorfiles/Home_April_2015_IE1.pdf
    [4] Tesco Mobile has started randomly cutting off people with no warning (phone just stops working) for "security" reasons, massive amounts of controversy about it over on the TM forum, people are extremely unhappy. Also customer support has gone to the dogs and their roaming rates are terrible (many people think they maybe against the new EU roaming rules, they have been reported to Irish and EU regulators!).

I've just moved myself and the gf from TM to this Lyca deal and very happy so far.

Do you have to sign up to a contract to get this offer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Simon2015 wrote: »
    Do you have to sign up to a contract to get this offer ?

No contract. Its a pay as you go. To get the deals you need to buy a bundle either out of credit of just direct via credit/debit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Thanks OP. Just ordered one there now :)
    Anyone know how long it takes to receive your sim card?
    TheDriver wrote: »
    Apparently 2-3 days

Still haven't received my SIM card. Have messaged them on Facebook there now so hopefully they will respond soon and I'll get my SIM.

Lyca are asking me for a batch id, batch count and batch port number... to move my number over.

I got mine, put in the topup pin and ported no problem. But i cant register online and login to my account. I registered but cant get password reminder etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Ordered a sim on 5th June. Never came. Ordered another last Sunday, so here's hoping......

Well, my first sim arrived this morning. Got it up and running in my dual-sim phone. getting good signal. However the phone has relegated my No.1 sim to 2g and the Lyca sim to 3g. And blank out the option to change Sim 1 to 3g or 4g. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

I got mine today..you need your code number they sent you when they confirmed by email after you ordered to activate account. I now have a problem as I wanted to keep my old number .I put it in to the website when asked presuming it would be ported ..I now have a LYCA number none of my contacts have or work / family ..how do I now port my old mobile number any advice appreciated
    Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Well, my first sim arrived this morning. Got it up and running in my dual-sim phone. getting good signal. However the phone has relegated my No.1 sim to 2g and the Lyca sim to 3g. And blank out the option to change Sim 1 to 3g or 4g. :confused:

Most dual phones can't handle both Sims being 3/4g. They relegate a sim to 2g only.

I got mine today..you need your code number they sent you when they confirmed by email after you ordered to activate account. I now have a problem as I wanted to keep my old number .I put it in to the website when asked presuming it would be ported ..I now have a LYCA number none of my contacts have or work / family ..how do I now port my old mobile number any advice appreciated
    Paddy

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.lycamobile.ie/en/transfer-your-number-to-lycamobile-and-receive-%25E2%2582%25AC10-top-up!&ved=0ahUKEwj8wMaiz6rNAhUqJMAKHXE1C8UQFggaMAA&usg=AFQjCNFnhLOQW7gOFDCrbQw9_rU4ImPu1g&sig2=OsBm5Q8-GVnoS5otcNDkOA

Don't blame you for not finding it. Site is brutal.

Think my port request went through okay this time.. not sure though as old sim still has signal

Paddy

You need to complete the form here.

[/url]http://www.lycamobile.ie/en/transfer-your-number-to-lycamobile-and-receive-€10-top-up[/url]

For some reason if I post the above link as a link it breaks so just copy and paste the link into your browser.

Think my port request went through okay this time.. not sure though as old sim still has signal
    That don't sound right. Are you sure its ported? Have you tried calling the number you are porting?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 johnnyblues

Request For portin https:// account.lycamobile.ie/portinrequest_irl.aspx?lang=en&affiliatedcode=0

FrostyJim wrote: »
    That don't sound right. Are you sure its ported? Have you tried calling the number you are porting?

Just waiting for old sim to die. may take a few hours apparently. how long did yours take?

Just waiting for old sim to die. may take a few hours apparently. how long did yours take?

Maybe I misunderstood you. When you said it went through ok I thought you meant the number had transfered over. Once the number does switch over the signal on your old sim will die.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Maybe I misunderstood you. When you said it went through ok I thought you meant the number had transfered over. Once the number does switch over the signal on your old sim will die.

yes sorry . how long did yours take?

• Advertisement

yes sorry . how long did yours take?

I submitted the form on a weekend and scheduled it to port over at 10am Monday and it did pretty much to the minute.

Advertisement