Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale/wanted (cars/parts/etc)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,793 ✭✭✭✭unkel

It's as near zero total cost of ownership a car as there is. The only material cost apart from my wife being insured on it (€400 per year?) is my daughter being a named driver on her insurance. She can pay for that extra cost herself out of any part time job she is getting. Daddy will pay for the car, the tax, the fuel, maintenance, NCT, etc. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SummerK

Nissan Leaf for €3000. It won't take charge but this dealer took it as a trade-in :P

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-2011/28110418

• Registered Users Posts: 10,847 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

SummerK wrote: »
    Nissan Leaf for €3000. It won't take charge but this dealer took it as a trade-in :P

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-2011/28110418

Someone got f*cked! :eek:

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

I highly doubt he traded in for another electric car, that garage has 2 pages on done deal, none of them above 10000, and only 1 hybrid.

It does not look good for battery cars if they are be sold as is and have to be towed and less than 10 years old at that.

kanuseeme wrote: »
    I highly doubt he traded in for another electric car, that garage has 2 pages on done deal, none of them above 10000, and only 1 hybrid.

It does not look good for battery cars if they are be sold as is and have to be towed and less than 10 years old at that.

Yeah I reckon the dealer messed up big time, probably took it as a trade in without checking it

There was a Leaf a while back which was having issues AC charging, perhaps it's the same car and someone bought it and traded it in against something else

I sympathise with the dealer, but he should have checked the car properly before taking it as a trade in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yeah I reckon the dealer messed up big time, probably took it as a trade in without checking it

There was a Leaf a while back which was having issues AC charging, perhaps it's the same car and someone bought it and traded it in against something else

I sympathise with the dealer, but he should have checked the car properly before taking it as a trade in
    Not the same car. That leaf was blue this one is white.

Thisone is also a japanese import

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Oh yeah there was a fast charge only one not that long ago. If it was a flat 12v that's easily checked too

• Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I reckon the fact its a JDM leaf and having problems would worry me more than if it were not JDM

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Doubt dealer gone done on this one, not being able to charge is a material fact that would have to be shared. Dealer probably happy with whatever it was traded in against to be sold.
    Now it’s a race to the bottom line, what are batteries worth and work from there.....

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭zenith90

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-30kwh-tekna-sve-6-6kw-12-bars/26822464

• Full 12 battery bars
    • Faster 6.6kW AC charger
    • Four new Bridgestone Turanza energy-efficient tyres fitted
    • Both charging cables included – 7kw Type 2 and 3pin home charge cable
    • Heated steering wheel and heated, leather seats front and rear
    • Working with Nissan app for remote pre-heating and charge status
    • NCT to Oct 2022
    • Comes with two keys and locking wheel nut key
    • Solar panel on rear spoiler trickle charges the 12v battery

Other Features:
    360 reverse camera, Bose sound system, automatic light and wipers, 17-inch alloys, keyless entry and start, LED Headlights, Sat Nav, USB and Aux sockets

Selling as I have purchased another EV.

€12,249

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Will be putting my 162 BMW i3 Rex up for sale soon. Changing to a Id3.
    €18000ono
    Its a 94ah Rex, 82000km. 2nd owner. English import. All servicing done by BMW.
    Nct till Oct 22. Tax till next Feb.(€170)
    Park assist.
    Sensors back and front.
    Rear camera.
    Sat nav.
    19" alloys.
    Granny charger. 7kw charging cable. Tool bag in the frunk for keeping the gear dry.

553009.jpg
    553012.jpg
    553011.jpg
    553010.jpg

ewj1978 wrote: »
    €18000ono
    Its a 94ah Rex, 82000km. 2nd owner. English import. All servicing done by BMW.
    Nct till Oct 22. Tax till next Feb.(€170)
    Park assist.
    Rear camera.
    Sat nav.
    19" alloys.
    Granny charger. 7kw charging cable. Tool bag in the frunk for keeping the gear dry.

Are VW giving i3 owners a discount or something? That's 3 of ye which are changing or thinking of changing to an ID.3 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 encorton

Selling my personal 181 Nissan Leaf N Connecta in Silver with 27000 km on the clock.
    €20000 ono.

It's in mint condition throughout, recently detailed and I have 2 keys, granny charger and AC charger
    First NCT not due until next year, taxed until April 2022
    Selling it because I don't like it.

Front/rear sensors
    360 deg. cameras
    Front/rear/steering wheel heated
    Apple carplay/Android auto
    Many more...

Message for pictures or I can meet quickly around Limerick ...

encorton wrote: »
    Selling it because I don't like it.

At least you're honest :p

Good luck with the sale

Out of curiosity, what don't you like about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,002 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I would love if BMW would do a 5 seat version of that i3.

something like this for kids images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5-KqKXk4fGQDSZ7uhZQ226waJ2xiO0TZHKHe3yPedHgmHxBfElBilj4EY9eV3LGyhjaI&usqp=CAU

• Registered Users Posts: 12,199 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

So what do people do if they're selling privately and have a new car on order? Can't imagine buyers would want to hold on waiting for a dealership to deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,002 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

something like this for kids images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5-KqKXk4fGQDSZ7uhZQ226waJ2xiO0TZHKHe3yPedHgmHxBfElBilj4EY9eV3LGyhjaI&usqp=CAU

Exactly , but not sure why they don't just make a normal back seat.
    Not many 4 seats cars around there days.

They are limiting their sales.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    So what do people do if they're selling privately and have a new car on order? Can't imagine buyers would want to hold on waiting for a dealership to deliver.

I was wondering this myself, if you have a second car in your household then you can go down to a single car for a while

If you absolutely have to have a car available then you might need to wait until you have the new car before selling your current one. Makes insurance a bit difficult though as you'll have 2 cars in your name

Perhaps VW would be interested in leasing you a car until the new one arrives?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Two car house so I sold and we suffered on for a few weeks with one car.

You'd need to be reasonably sure of your delivery date though and I'm not sure you can be with a VW order.

If you only have one car then you are kinda stuck. Hiring a car somewhat negates some of the gains of selling privately if VW put you on the long finger for a few extra weeks, which could easily happen.

Having said that, my VW dealer gave me a courtesy car (shiny new T-Cross to match my name!) for free for a few weeks when the new car didnt come as promised, but that is very much a dealer prerogative so YMMV. You can but ask!

Yeah we're a 1 car house so no option of winging it.

I'll have a chat to the dealer and see if there's anything they could swing with a courtesy car in the event of a delay after an agreed date.

Problem then would be if I'm sitting there a week before delivery and the car hasn't shifted.

I feckin hate selling a car privately. Mind you I got shot of my Leaf pretty comfortably.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭BigAl81

DrPhilG wrote:
    So what do people do if they're selling privately and have a new car on order?

Long term car rentals can be surprisingly cheap. Shop around for a quote for a 30 day rental, can be in the 5 to 10 euro a day price range. Get your own insurance from a third party to bring the excess down to zero on the rental car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 encorton

Out of curiosity, what don't you like about it?

I'm a tall person and I find it very hard to get comfortable in the car because the steering wheel is not telescopic. I have to push the driver seat all the way back and all the way down and have the steering wheel at max height to be able to drive comfortably with E-pedal ONLY because if I need to press the brake, my knee will hit the base of the steering wheel...

Visibility is poor due to insanely thick A pillars and the sensor box behind the mirror...

Outdated reversing camera, and a very mid-focused sound system (on non-Bose versions)

Headlights on non-LED versions are pure garbage for the price of the car..

Plastic everywhere in the car - the center console eats up leg room and seems to be made of the cheapest plastic they could find. Mega bulky door panels that eat up cabin room

I can go on and on with things that I found I really don't like in only a few months. Some of these might matter less for some people but for me are critical if I'm gonna pay over 20k for a car (regardless if it is electric or not).

I ended up trading it in for exactly my asking price on a dealer and got a Golf in which I find that I have more room in as a tall person while the car is smaller :)...

A lot of those criticisms would be valid for other budget EVs, not just the Leaf. Funny you mention the Golf. I feel it is of far better build and interior quality than the ID.3. I guess the economies of scale just aren't there yet to offer a good quality family size EV for €30k and we have to make do with econoboxes. The eGolf is actually a very nice EV, but I guess you bought one with an internal combustion engine.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

You sell your car.
    Buyer won’t wait in most cases and you run the risk of loosing a sale if you try make them wait.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Gumbo wrote: »
    You sell your car.
    Buyer won’t wait in most cases and you run the risk of loosing a sale if you try make them wait.

I was offered a lend of one of the garage second hand cars to cover the gap between selling my car and picking up the new one. It's worth asking the question.

Yeah I've asked the question and they said yes, they'll sort me out something to cover the gap.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

liamog wrote: »
    I was offered a lend of one of the garage second hand cars to cover the gap between selling my car and picking up the new one. It's worth asking the question.

Good idea!

• Advertisement

Ad is now live on DD: https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/162-bmw-i3-94ah-rex/28177739

A deal can always be done with fellow boardsies. :D

Advertisement