Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale/wanted (cars/parts/etc)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,199 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Ad is now live on DD: https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/162-bmw-i3-94ah-rex/28177739

A deal can always be done with fellow boardsies. :D

Following with interest...

When are you expecting your ID3 to be available? I'm told I can have mine by the end of July (I haven't ordered yet) so not sure when to list the i3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Following with interest...

When are you expecting your ID3 to be available? I'm told I can have mine by the end of July (I haven't ordered yet) so not sure when to list the i3.

Been told 12-14 weeks.
    I may go for one of the in stock style/family cars instead. Decisions, decisions

• Registered Users Posts: 10,847 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Just so you know, I was told I'd have my ID.4 in January, then March, then late April

I still haven't collected it :(

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Just so you know, I was told I'd have my ID.4 in January, then March, then late April

I still haven't collected it :(

And they say Tesla are the only ones who can’t deliver :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64,793 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Nothing new here. Hot cars that are in high demand and good value for money. Same happened with my Hyundai Ioniq well over 4 years ago. Also took nearly 2 months longer than expected

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    Nothing new here. Hot cars that are in high demand and good value for money. Same happened with my Hyundai Ioniq well over 4 years ago. Also took nearly 2 months longer than expected

To be fair, when the salesman said VW were talking about January delivery I basically called BS on it. He said he didn't believe it either but that's what he'd been told

The extra demand for the US market caused UK & Ireland to be bumped down the list as well

Lockdowns and chip shortages probably took their toll as well, and container ships getting wedged in the Suez to boot :rolleyes:

It's been an interesting year for supply chains for sure :o

Yeah, it's a small miracle people are even getting their cars within a couple of months of the promised date really :D

just to add to that, a few (most of them) the dealers I was onto about getting the tour 5 have been onto me today to basically say its 12-16 weeks maybe.. HUGE MAYBE.. One or two were blunt and said they're going to start being sparse with all motors soon.

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Ad is now live on DD: https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/162-bmw-i3-94ah-rex/28177739

A deal can always be done with fellow boardsies. :D
    Car traded in I'll be in a glacial white 1st plus edition id3 by this time next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭zg3409

Ev type 2 charger for sale.Works perfect. €130 ono

Not mine. See Irish EV owners buy and sell page on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398421950294098/?ref=share

• Advertisement

Anyone have any experience of the import/export process with the North? And I mean going to there, not coming from there.

I'm looking at flogging the i3 soon and from a scan of auto trader the values seem to be pretty strong up there. Probably a bit more demand for the REx as the infrastructure north of the border is appalling.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

So the time has come to move on our 30kWh Nissan Leaf in PWO, FSH, 70k kms, well taken care of and at last test the battery is at 92% SOH.

https://www.adverts.ie/car/nissan/leaf/162-nissan-leaf-30kwh/23914578?notification=784f2677785e8a6740a4056f23740663-1621931522

DSC-3435.jpg

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Anyone have any experience of the import/export process with the North? And I mean going to there, not coming from there.

I'm looking at flogging the i3 soon and from a scan of auto trader the values seem to be pretty strong up there. Probably a bit more demand for the REx as the infrastructure north of the border is appalling.

I'd imagine it's a rarity, since most of the cars go the other way

Since NI is in the EU customs and VAT zone, you shouldn't be stung with any import duties. I imagine the process is pretty similar to importing a car into Ireland pre Brexit, you just need to pay whatever registration taxes they charge up there (Vehicle Excise Duty?)

If all else fails, you can give BoJo a ring and offer to fix up his apartment, I hear that's a great way to get stuff done now :)

I'd imagine it's a rarity, since most of the cars go the other way

Since NI is in the EU customs and VAT zone, you shouldn't be stung with any import duties. I imagine the process is pretty similar to importing a car into Ireland pre Brexit, you just need to pay whatever registration taxes they charge up there (Vehicle Excise Duty?)

If all else fails, you can give BoJo a ring and offer to fix up his apartment, I hear that's a great way to get stuff done now :)

Apparently I can reclaim some of the VRT. If so, that would definitely give an incentive to sell up North.

Apparently I can reclaim some of the VRT. If so, that would definitely give an incentive to sell up North.

What VRT, surely it was free after the €5k rebate?

What VRT, surely it was free after the €5k rebate?

Mine is a REx so I had to pay VRT. Think I paid about €1,400 or something. Putting the same car in now is telling me that the rebate would be about €700.

Vrt on your car is less than €1100 I think. It was €1050 when I was pricing it 2 years ago.

You can export and claim back but look at the excess.

On the day of your vehicle's examination, please confirm that your vehicle's value exceeds the minimum qualifying amount of €2,000. This can be done by using the VRT calculator. Customers should note that the VRT refunded will not exceed the original VRT paid at registration.

Gumbo wrote: »
    Vrt on your car is less than €1100 I think. It was €1050 when I was pricing it 2 years ago.

You can export and claim back but look at the excess.

Excess? Says here VRT claim is worth €778 minus a €100 export fee?

554031.jpg

I'm probably reading this all wrong mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

The 2k excess is on the car's value, and not on the vrt amount.
    The rule is that your car must be worth at least 2k OMSP to qualify.

Hi folks, my BMw i3 has gone to a new place.
    I've a barely used front tyre and a rear tyre (not much left) going for free.
    I kept them when I changed the tyres as the lead time on a new tyre was 7-10 days due to the size and didn't want to be stranded.
    If anyone wants just pm me.

155/70 R19 for the front
    175/60 R19 for the rear.

• Advertisement

Solis 3.6kW dual MPPT solar inverter, excellent condition. Reason for sale: upgrading to a bigger system

Linky

Sold

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭sh81722

Our Nissan LEAF 40 kWh for sale:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/leaf-sv-premium-40-kwh-with-propilot-nissan-fsh/28399889

Sz-hONF9WVT1uAzaUyHYwhEzTKvVCfBuQma3xeeAPWPP95EFk1yzagV9I-hppVxchjITbTTSbGMB9BcCSGqWDFQHDHDHSWwJTARX-FIkxrYh4a-t8uP3-dXXWQ3I3d4rIvXSVexP6hs0Ymw29hOEe8WSMtds9ts3b5IRQXq2vlkUbuTzK0AkLSHU-hhnVQJ7YdSD8pkEy2N1Q3SzZsrzutZmFQL32OZ11V_1JJTFfzaO1Q1jIW6fWAGs2oJcbEIU2e0msIidd20l7wKgIgAbQoXGezyLmUG1TmWBD4G0oqnrVkXwQ61xZ09HLH2md1Qgal3N3S1tgrz876CeMCz59_OwjAZXZjcRiXTzhiWN_leYqY91rpDI_mSKdPIyadEZD3TMmDiaGC3Tw1hYYppZWbgtkBCTpj4RO2FY5exlV2sBRofdHkMUVxjSlmRZ8AyMg4f3JnbRy7Pcu3O8yNhlR_J1-D0OIMhZmkhnetYdPem7TFdep-CB3U1nFrRkBYvSYbdDCuLYJxLCTAON8K6PPj6j43DuxoFhj_KAcSh4gtvVJqR6JuDCld2d-S2l7FLSVFkIPKEgkkVU1Ex55Z_fbbo3bLrEbC9RnJ-cNGqeJ7MItqcDIlol73o_0w0QjkIAGLf5XrkemQFIV5bR1KlMHUEgmlKXNY7tweNvZb6s5LOWFvygMtyNECbU_TibP572rP2OoUzARdtzNyJbL-ttrpTR=w522-h695-no?authuser=0

New car will be delivered this month so need a quick sale.

3.6kW ABL home charger used. Bids from 150 euro up. With separate cable.

IEvOA on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/IEVOA/permalink/2898806767027259/

zg3409 wrote: »
    3.6kW ABL home charger used. Bids from 150 euro up. With separate cable.

IEvOA on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/IEVOA/permalink/2898806767027259/

Already sold.

That was a steal. €150 for the charge point, €100 for materials and €100 for a friendly sparks and you got your charge point installed for minus €250 thanks to another ridiculously high subsidy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭chewed

This looks handy for Kia e-Niro owners to store cards/coins....

https://www.adverts.ie/24089691

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭sh81722

Sold.

Last chance before I commit to trade this in with Tesla tomorrow: Spotless LEAF 40 kWh with 74k and FnSH asking 17500:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/last-chance-spotless-leaf-40-kwh-with-nissan-fsh/28399889

• Advertisement

Not really a for sale ad but on the very rare off chance someone is looking for a Model S........

I'm trading my 2014 Tesla Model S P85+ into a Garage at the end of the Month.
    I've gotten a fantastic deal in my opinion so i never bothered even listing it for sale to be honest.

Its got 108,000 km on it.
    Battery and Drivetrain Warranty with Tesla until July 2022 (unlimited Mileage).

In the last year it has had the following under Warranty:
    • New HV Battery (should last the lifetime of the car now).
    • New 12v Battery.
    • New Sun Roof (The Service Centre Damaged it, there was actually nothing wrong with it to begin with!)

The common Problems have been sorted too :
    • Door Handles Replaced.
    • Wiper Motor Replaced.
    • eMMc Recall Carried Out.
    • High Voltage junction Box Currently being Replace by Tesla.

Specification:
    • Premium unlimited Connectivity Package (Maps, Spotify etc for Free).
    • Free Unlimited Super Charging for Life!
    • Pan Roof
    • Silver Metalic
    • 21" Turbine Wheels
    • Premium Interior Package which includes Powered Boot, Centre Console, Ambient Lighting and front cornering Fog Lights.
    • Built in Apple Lightning Charging Dock.
    • Keyless Entry and Go.
    • Smart Air Suspension with Geo Location.
    • Carbon Fibre Rear Spoiler.
    • Piano Black Interior Trim.
    • External Puddle Lights in handles.
    • MCU has the 4G/LTE Upgrade.
    • GPS Enabled Homelink.
    • Dechrome (Completely reversible if you like the chrome finish)

Folder full of Paperwork and receipts to go with the car.

Price : €36,000 Firm

No point filling the post with pictures. If anyone is looking they'll come look at the car in the flesh.

556069.jpeg

Advertisement