Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale/wanted (cars/parts/etc)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭russelldlee

Looking for a Used Model S if anyone has any tips. Have 40k to spend and ideally looking for a 2017 model.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Let us know if you find one.

I sold my old 2014 Performance one for €35,500 and is now up for €40k in Vector Motors in Goatstown.

Your 2017 is the facelift version, i dont think theres any in that price range currently.

Unkel posted a 75D from NI that would be VAT free on import but its 46k sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rfitzg

Hi all, first time posting here so apologies if I'm in the wrong place!

Considering selling my amazing Model S 100D. Here's the spec:

* 2017 Model purchased directly from Tesla UK with 2 years left on the warranty

* Dual coat red paint with full leather beige interior

* 54,097 KM on the odometer (33,614 miles)

* Official battery range is 580KM but obviously depends on many factors. I only charge once every 10 days!

* 19 inch slipstream alloys with black Tesla brake calipers

* Immaculate condition inside and out. No pets or smokers

* Upgraded to Hardware 3 FSD computer (new screen fitted)

* Comes with Enhanced Autopilot (EAP) which includes Autopark, Summon, Lane Change and Full Self Driving Visualisations

* Dashcam, Sentry cameras can save to USB drive for replay

* Rear and side view cameras display when reversing

* CCS charger upgrade and adapter included

* Premium Connectivity (LTE/4G) package

* Ultra High Fidelity Sound Package

* Cold Weather Package included (all seats are heated as well as steering wheel and wiper blades - perfect for Irish winters!)

* Biohazard Aircon included

* Just did first NCT last week. All passed

* Note: this model has the solid not glass roof (way better if you have young passengers in my opinion)

* Price €61,950 based on 24 comparisons on CarZone. If anyone is interested or may know someone interested please DM me. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,224 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Wanted:

Anyone know of a cheap Ioniq28 going? Max of 15k. Mileage not important. For a friend not on boards. Budget is firm , and I've already made sure he doesnt buy a leaf!

• Registered Users Posts: 64,548 ✭✭✭✭unkel

@ELM327 - looks like prices of second hand cars, EVs in particular, have firmed up. I don't think €15k max is realistic. But maybe you could find a high miler, maybe in Northern Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,803 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Can anyone clear up exactly what extra taxes/charges etc are on EVs bought in NI, to bring them into RoI?

None on a 15k Ioniq that was registered in the north prior to the first of January of this year

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭BopperSnr

Do you think I could get an second hand EV with a real life range of over 400kms that can tow (a small camping trailer) for under 35k?

Since the Kia eniro can’t tow, that’s out and I suspect the id4 is more than 35k.

an old model S would be nice but they seem to have gone up in price over the last few months.

am I dreaming to think I could get something like that this year and if so, what would be the expected price and model for something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,635 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Able to tow for 400km? No.

Doubt there's even any second hand ID4 available. They were only released in March.

I understand you won’t get 400km when towing but in general that’s the type of normal range ev im looking for.

with that in mind , what would be a suitable and lowest cost 2nd hand ev that can tow and get 400km + (without towing)?

any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Right now? There isn't any second hand, they are too new.

But in a year or two, your looking at an id4, enyaq etc.

The Tesla's can tow too, but the X are rare and I think the m3 might need the towbar to be factory fitted too.

Funny thing is that eNiro can tow in the UK. But not here. ID.4 base model isn't a million miles above €35k and should do the job. Not sure if Hyundai Ioniq 5 is rated for towing, the base model is €39k on the road brand new.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Don't think the e niro can tow in the UK either. (Seen a lot of posts of people looking to put a bike rack only bar on it)

the hybrid one can tow though, maybe the phev too. - no idea why they didn't plate the e niro for towing.

True, and to add a tow bar on is about 1500 I think and the majority of second hand cars you'd have to retro fit a tow bar on it anyway.

List of cars that can tow.

So maybe if I hold out I could get an ID4 in and around my price range. Cheers guys.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,712 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I'm currently getting (estimated) 400km range in my ID.4 in summer with some conservative driving. That's doing about 110km/h on motorways

In winter that'll drop down a good bit, expect closer to 300km

Nextmove did some testing on an ID.4 towing a smallish flatbed trailer and a box trailer (skip to around 7:00 for the results)

There's a slight bit of creative accounting going on regarding the consumption, but basically when you compare the consumption at 120km/h and the small trailer at 80km/h then there's no real impact. Since you can't legally go faster than 80km/h with a trailer, then it's all good 😏

With the high sided box trailer, there is a significant increase in consupmtion and the range was pulled down to around 250km

250km with a trailer isn't too bad, puts most of Ireland within reach with a single fast charge. You can also potentially plug in the car at the campsite if they provide at least an 8A connection, 12 hours at 1.8kW should give you back 30% of your battery, more if you can get a 10A electric point

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭griffin100

Parents have a brand new Zoe they won on the Late Late Show. Registered to the Father but not driven. Still with Renault Ireland. They’re looking to try and sell if they can before they go for a trade in.

Its ice gray in colour and it’s the Iconic model. PM if interested. Retail price new is €29k.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Why just sell it, would they not consider electric? Or just more interested in the cash than the prize, understandable.

Both in their 70’s and have no interest in an electric car. A generational thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,385 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Age has nothing to do with it. Lovely Hassel free motoring for them it's an absolute ideal car . They'd be throwing money away trading in. In fact the whole thing actually costs them money. Don't do it

• Advertisement

We don't know the circumstances, we don't know if they own a house with a driveway and that they currently have and need a car and that they don't need the extra money from selling that Zoe. And that they don't often need to carry more than 4 people around.

But >90% chance that all above lines up and then I agree with listermint that a Zoe would be a perfect car for them. No hassle, almost never have to fill it up apart from at home, almost never have to go to the garage with it, almost zero cost to run it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

I would never drive a Renault.

They prefer a high driving position and have a 2 year old car at the moment. They're in their 70's and do little enough driving; any savings on fuel, etc they would achieve by keeping the Zoe and selling their current car (and taking the depreciation hit on that) is far outweighed by what they can get for the Zoe if they can sell it. Trading it in is a last resort but they have a cash offer from Renault that they can always take (even if it's absurdly low).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,385 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Then throw it up on donedeal. There's no rush to sell it. Why throw money away they don't have to. Just undercut the dealer prices by a decent amount and sit on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

If it's 29k new sell it for 27k. It's still 27k for them and a buyer gets a bargain.

It's not 29k new. Substantial discounts can be had on them. Not a hope in hell they can sell it for €27k. What listermint said though. Find the cheapest nearly new second hand one, price it a few grand less and then wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SummerK

Looking for a small car for wife and saw this ad on DD 2014 Zoe https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2014-renault-zoe/29122973

Anyone knows the typical range with a full charge in winter/summer and what is the cost of the battery lease. Does it make sense to buy this one at 6k? Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 21,224 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Probably looking at 80-110km depending on motorway or non motorway use. I think the battery lease starts at 60/mo.

I wouldnt be buying a battery lease model, you couldnt give them away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

Selling my Gen 1 2011 Nissan Leaf if anyone is interested: https://www.adverts.ie/car/nissan/leaf/2011-nissan-leaf/23141541

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭carbuncle

Advertisement