Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale/wanted (cars/parts/etc)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I'm *thinking* about getting a Nero or Kona as am doing a lot more cross country same day trips.
    If anyone is selling one please let me know.
    For the right price, I'd sell it privately in the morning and just steal my wife car in the short term.

Also if anyone is looking for an exceptionally well kept marine blue (with black nose wrap) 181 Ioniq Premium SE (I imported from UK to get the higher specs).
    It's got ~85k km on the clock. Has full main dealer service history and has all the normal goodies of the standard ioniq plus

Leather seats

Front seats ventilated/cooling

Front seats heated (3 levels)

Powered driver seat (with 2 presets)

Heated steering wheel

Heated seats in back (2 outside seats only)

Front and back parking sensors

Blind spot detection system

€22K ono

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I'm *thinking* about getting a Nero or Kona as am doing a lot more cross country same day trips.
    If anyone is selling one please let me know.
    For the right price, I'd sell it privately in the morning and just steal my wife car in the short term.

Also if anyone is looking for an exceptionally well kept marine blue (with black nose wrap) 181 Ioniq Premium SE (I imported from UK to get the higher specs).
    It's got ~85k km on the clock. Has full main dealer service history and has all the normal goodies of the standard ioniq plus
    • Leather seats
    • Front seats ventilated/cooling
    • Front seats heated (3 levels)
    • Powered driver seat (with 2 presets)
    • Heated steering wheel
    • Heated seats in back (2 outside seats only)
    • Front and back parking sensors
    • Blind spot detection system

Just to give you an idea what you're looking at. My July 2019, 64kWh, e-Niro, that I traded in was a first edition with the small screen and no app. The dealer put it up for €33,995 and it was snapped up at full asking price. The car was showroom perfect though.

I'm actually sorry now I traded it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 64,974 ✭✭✭✭unkel

No point putting up something for sale if you don't state a price ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

unkel wrote:
    No point putting up something for sale if you don't state a price

Ninja edit completed

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭burdburd

Looking for a 15 metre Type 2 to Type 2 ( 16A ) Single Phase Charging cable

or failing that ...

a 10 Metre Type 2 extension cord

or failing that ...

a tip as to where I can buy type 2 Connectors ( male & Female

any suggestions ?

Many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

burdburd wrote: »
    Looking for a 15 metre Type 2 to Type 2 ( 16A ) Single Phase Charging cable

I'm not sure if Phil in https://www.electricautos.ie/index.php still does cables. I know he was very competitive on longer ones - some members on here bought cables from him & he's local.
    Might be worth giving him a call.

Yep, Phil got a 15m cable made for me over 4 years ago and he had a better price than any online retailer (from the UK), so highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭burdburd

Great thanks, I couldn't find one in Ireland so delighted if this works out

ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

I hate these types of posts but here goes.
    I’m thinking of selling my car but not interested in dealing with tyre kickers face to face during Covid.
    So if anyone is genuinely interested in a 142 Nissan Leaf 24kWh please get in contact.
    Top of the range "Tekna" model with optional 6.6kW Ac charger [charge twice as fast as the slower 3.6kW]

Just passed 70k km and had 2 new tyres fitted
    - 360 Aroundview Camera System with motion notification
    - Full leather interior with Bose sound system.
    - Heated seats front and back with heated steering wheel [Winter pack]
    - Bluetooth connection to smartphones for calls and media.
    - Solar Panel
    - 12 bars of battery health
    - Keyless Entry
    - LED Lights
    - 17" Diamond cut alloy wheels.
    - CD Player with AUX Jack, USB Plug & iPod Connectivity
    - 7" Colour LCD Touch Screen with Navigation EV Telematic informatics
    - Automatic Air Conditioning with Efficient Heat Pump System
    - Rear View Camera
    - Cruise Control & Speed Limiter
    - I-Key with Engine Start/Stop Button
    - Two original Nissan key's
    - Rain Sensing Wipers
    - Privacy/Tinted glass
    - Additional Driving Mode (B-Mode)
    - TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System)

Range: 100-140km on full charge (Depending on driver and conditions)
    NCT until Feb 2023
    Taxed until September
    Most lights have been upgraded to LED’s
    It’s cost me very little to run in the almost 2.5 years Iv had it with 35k km of trouble free motoring.
    I think €9.5k is a fair price for it and below what similar leafs are advertised for on Carzone some without the optional 6.6 charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Little bit OT here, but wondering what people's thoughts are on buying an EV from private seller versus a SIMI dealer

If I were buying an ICE/Hybrid car I'd definitely go with a SIMI dealer as they're required to give a warranty and check the car over to see if anything is broken. I wouldn't be confident enough to know what to look out for when test driving the car

For EVs, I feel like there's less risk if the car has a full service history and is driving fine. Battery warranty is typcially 8 years on EVs sold in the last 4 years, so should be plenty of warranty left there. Services like cartell can tell if the car has been written off or been in an accident, beyond that I'm not sure what else there is to check other than battery health if possible via an OBD dongle

Unless it's a Kia the vehicle warranty will likely be expired, so there's a potential disadvantage, but the selling price is typically lower to reflect that

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement

Agreed. The battery / drivetrain still under warranty is a major benefit and apart from that, there simply isn't anything expensive that can go wrong like in a petrol / diesel car: DPF / DMF / EGR / turbo / engine / injectors / clutch / catalytic converter / emissions, etc.

unkel wrote: »
    Agreed. The battery / drivetrain still under warranty is a major benefit and apart from that, there simply isn't anything expensive that can go wrong like in a petrol / diesel car: DPF / DMF / EGR / turbo / engine / injectors / clutch / catalytic converter / emissions, etc.

Bit tricky on the drivetrain warranty, I noticed the Leaf has a 5 year warranty on the EV components and 8 year on the battery. It'd be nice if it was 8 years on the whole drivetrain, give more peace of mind

However, as you said, there's a lot less to go wrong, so if the car is driving okay, has decent battery health and full service history then I'd be fairly confident it'll be fine

The good thing about EVs is that there is a considerably scrap value. Buy a €3.5k Leaf and if it totally and utterly breaks down the next day, your battery is still worth at least €1.5k :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Bit tricky on the drivetrain warranty, I noticed the Leaf has a 5 year warranty on the EV components and 8 year on the battery. It'd be nice if it was 8 years on the whole drivetrain, give more peace of mind

However, as you said, there's a lot less to go wrong, so if the car is driving okay, has decent battery health and full service history then I'd be fairly confident it'll be fine

160,000kms limit of Leaf battery warranty too

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »

And 8 years. But only on the 30kWh Leaf though? The 24kWh only has 5 year battery warranty

slave1 wrote: »

True, personally I'd struggle to get to that mileage, but it is worth looking at if you're buying one with a lot of miles on the clock

And 8 years. But only on the 30kWh Leaf though? The 24kWh only has 5 year battery warranty

Correct, the last of the 24kWh Leafs are going out of warranty this year

They still sold them in late 2017, probably even early 2018 though, so the last won't be out of warranty yet!

They still sold them in late 2017, probably even early 2018 though, so the last won't be out of warranty yet!

Really? I thought they stopped production of the 24kWh when the 30kWh came out

Nope they sold them all the way til the end, when the L40 was already available (to order). I remember the ads well, you could get a top of the range SVE with metallic paint and 6.6kW charging on the road for €19,995. Some eejits paid €30k for that configuration only a few months previously!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

GARO 32a EVSE (Home Charge Point).

In excellent condition and full working order.
    This is the 32a version with spaces for check meter inside if you wanted to monitor your EV charging usage.

It is the GLB-T222WO Model.

This charges my i3 and Tesla at 7kw (32a).

Genuine reason for sale - I’ve just picked up a tethered charger.

This will work with any Type 2 Cable so essentially any EV on the market today from the early Leaf to the brand new Tesla, Porsche and Polestar :)

SEAI Grant for EVSE installation is €600 which means you could buy this, and if your electrician can fit it for €350, the total cost will be free as you receive the €600 grant back.

Can be collected from my House in Dublin 11 or I can meet locally or post by Nightline Courier to anywhere in Ireland.

Asking €250 as per the adverts ad but will do a fair deal for anyone on here of course ;)

Pictures are over the size limit for here, but loads in the ad - https://www.adverts.ie/23734933

Edit - Now Sold.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I was the same when we went two EV, changed to a tethered charger point, sold the old one (in perfect condition) as well as the priority switch.
    Should make for a cost free install with the grant to whomever gets it.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Gumbo wrote: »
    GARO 32a EVSE (Home Charge Point).

In excellent condition and full working order.
    This is the 32a version with spaces for check meter inside if you wanted to monitor your EV charging usage.

It is the GLB-T222WO Model.

This charges my i3 and Tesla at 7kw (32a).

Genuine reason for sale - I’ve just picked up a tethered charger.

This will work with any Type 2 Cable so essentially any EV on the market today from the early Leaf to the brand new Tesla, Porsche and Polestar :)

SEAI Grant for EVSE installation is €600 which means you could buy this, and if your electrician can fit it for €350, the total cost will be free as you receive the €600 grant back.

Can be collected from my House in Dublin 11 or I can meet locally or post by Nightline Courier to anywhere in Ireland.

Asking €250 as per the adverts ad but will do a fair deal for anyone on here of course ;)

Pictures are over the size limit for here, but loads in the ad - https://www.adverts.ie/23734933

Now Sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭zg3409

Renault fluence, new nct 3k. Main issue is these have no fast charging so practically impossible to travel beyond battery range. Ideal for 2 car household.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398421950294098/?ref=share

zg3409 wrote: »
    Main issue is these have no fast charging

I'm afraid that's not the main issue. I could live with no fast charging. The problem with these is the monthly battery lease you have to pay Renault until the day you scrap it. And to add insult to injury, you will then have to pay them hundreds to scrap it.

Edit: oops this one is battery owned!

Renault fluence, new nct 3k. Main issue is these have no fast charging so practically impossible to travel beyond battery range. Ideal for 2 car household.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398421950294098/?ref=share

We have 2 of these in work.
    To the lay person, they don’t scream as an EV like the Leaf does.

Really good entry in an EV and if you live and work in the city they are perfect.
    My parents could live with this for 99% of the time but the still choose a PHEV!

Renault fluence, new nct 3k.

Gone already. That was quick. Wonder was it anyone on here who got it?

:eek:

Gone already. That was quick. Wonder was it anyone on here who got it?

Was it you? I know you were looking for one ;)

I always keep an eye out for a cheap EV, as a local runabout and for my daughters to learn to drive in. Wasn't really looking seriously to buy one, in no hurry. But when you see a car that might be a bargain, you just have to jump on it. My eldest daughter (just turned 17) thinks its her car now, she's delighted with it. Obviously :p

• Advertisement

I always keep an eye out for a cheap EV, as a local runabout and for my daughters to learn to drive in. Wasn't really looking seriously to buy one, in no hurry. But when you see a car that might be a bargain, you just have to jump on it. My eldest daughter (just turned 17) thinks its her car now, she's delighted with it. Obviously :p

It's a bit of a strange thought that my kids are likely to learn to drive in an EV, given we're now an all electric household and my eldest is at least 13 years away from getting a learner permit

It's quite likely they'll never know how to drive a manual car and will never need to. They'll never understand why I cringe at the thought of a hill start

Certainly for cheap motoring and something easy to learn you can't go wrong with a budget EV :)

Advertisement