Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Hue WiFi lighting set up - what do you have?

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Will have a look, is that typo o different from hue Halloween, just got it and it’s a bit much for our tiny kids.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

copacetic wrote: »
    Will have a look, is that typo o different from hue Halloween, just got it and it’s a bit much for our tiny kids.

When I got it at first it was called Huelloween

edit: heres a screen grab found on Google (mine wouldn't upload as the file was too large!)
    Datei-31.10.17-14-25-30-169x300.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Its Hue Halloween these days, its pretty good I have it hooked up to some inside and outside lights ATM and then a bluetooth speaker outside the front.

https://itunes.apple.com/nl/app/hue-halloween-for-philips-hue/id730148796?mt=8
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.ijsdesign.huehalloween&hl=en_US

When I first got it 3-4 years ago it was Huelloween, and it's been excellent for me every year.

only use a few bulbs with it though, as I always want the lighting effect to be in either the sitting room, or the hallway (to give the full effect to the trick or treaters as they are walking up the driveway). I use a bluetooth speaker out the bedroom window above the front door.

The other lights in the hallway & sitting room will be just on a low orange colour (main Hue app), and I'll have upstairs rooms set on splash-o-matic (10 seconds) using OnSwitch app (also on the 2 front upstairs windows, I have those sheets of light plastic with ghosts/dracula on them, so with lights behind them (2 E14 candles in the box room, and 3m of light strip in the main bedroom) they look really well). My porch light (which is my last white only bulb I use in the house) will be set to candle effect using OnSwitch (I have a ghost type thing that will hang off it, so the candle effect works really well with it).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

My effort using H3party app with a Bluetooth speaker out the top window.
    Love Halloween and have been putting up decorations for the last 15 years and the Hue bulbs make it so much better. <blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/X9de8Je"><a href="//imgur.com/X9de8Je"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Sorry I'm useless at posting pics hopefully this works n9Zy5yR_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Ok, I gonna scare the sh1t outa some kids with that Hue Halloween app. I moved a Hue motion sensor outside the door, have replaced the porch light with a Hue, have another Hue in a lamp in the hall and a Bluetooth speaker hidden outside. It's working really well. Can't wait for it to get dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Ok, I gonna scare the sh1t outa some kids with that Hue Halloween app. I moved a Hue motion sensor outside the door, have replaced the porch light with a Hue, have another Hue in a lamp in the hall and a Bluetooth speaker hidden outside. It's working really well. Can't wait for it to get dark.

I'm sure I could find the hidden speaker by following the sound;-).....

Really cool set up though.

Just set it up on tablet earlier so the wife or daughter can control the sounds and lights.

Have 2 strobe lights for upstairs windows which aren't hue but LED and very much a disco type light.

Downstairs hall has hue go, sitting room and side room 1 lamp each so should hopefully look good, I'm working so will miss it.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

i'm just charging up a speaker to do the same, have lightstrip in front window and have hue go charging to put beside pot plants. it's much too scary for my kids, but hopefully older ones will enjoy and then at 7.30 or so can turn it all off and hopefully they will take the hint and let babies sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 chrisoleary89

RonTon wrote: »
    The 5 colour bulb deal +switch +hub for £123 is best price I’ve seen ,looks like it has gone up a bit now tho

Hi, just wondering which site these deals are on? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭RonTon

Hi, just wondering which site these deals are on? Thanks

That one was Amazon uk ,it’s over now I think tho

Wait till black Friday there hopefully will be good deals.

Bit of a win yesterday picking up 4 B22 White Only bulbs for €3 each in Woodies!!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108562217&postcount=2010

£79 for 3 pack with hub on Amazon

£79 for 3 pack with hub on Amazon

or £67.50 for 3 bulbs without the hub (including the E14)

its a twin pack & single bulb pack for £67.50 (E14/E27/B22)

I honestly can't remember is this the best it will get or could it be better on black Friday itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Hang on, is this not black Friday?? &#55357;&#56834; I'm not taking the cahnce anyway. I'll just order again and send back what I order today..... Which is alot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

Why can't I find this on amazon??any chance of link

Edit: never mind...I switched to UK..that's a great deal for the 3 for 67...at moment I'm short 2 E27 for kitchen

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Hang on, is this not black Friday?? �� I'm not taking the cahnce anyway. I'll just order again and send back what I order today..... Which is alot!!

No it's next week....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭micks_address

A320 wrote: »
    Why can't I find this on amazon??any chance of link

Edit: never mind...I switched to UK..that's a great deal for the 3 for 67...at moment I'm short 2 E27 for kitchen

Ordered 3 sets of b22 colour to replace my whites.. it's more or less buy 2 get 1 free. Only need 8 bulbs but getting 9. I'm sure I'll find some use for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

picked up 3 new b22 colour bulb with the dot.

None of the bulbs can be picked up via search, also tried with serial. light turns on ok and tried known working bulbs and they're fine.

Any ideas?

limnam wrote: »

None of the bulbs can be picked up via search, also tried with serial. light turns on ok and tried known working bulbs and they're fine.

Any ideas?

Just realised they're "richer" bulbs is there compatibility issues with older bridges? 2.0?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,845 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just realised they're "richer" bulbs is there compatibility issues with older bridges? 2.0?

Shouldn't be. Are they far from the hub or other bulbs?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Shouldn't be. Are they far from the hub or other bulbs?

Nope a few feet.

I tried them in other working sockets and still no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 27,845 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Nope a few feet.

I tried them in other working sockets and still no joy

Are they bulbs or a lamp?

Try an update with all switched on.

Reset the whole thing and the wifi also.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Are they bulbs or a lamp?

Bulbs

Try an update with all switched on.

Reset the whole thing and the wifi also.

Everything it find says it's up to date, restarted hub and router. no joy

seems odd the only bulbs that's never been picked up is the "richer" ones though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭paulbok

I had a struggle with one of those as well today when they arrived. Hue app search couldn't find it with several tries, but on the second go using the serial number it picked it up.
    Only used one so far, a replacement for a previous bulb that went.

• Advertisement

Any ideas?

Try only doing 1 at a time via the serial number method.

Also try the bulbs in a different lamp (one as close to the bridge as possible)

Sometimes it just takes 2-3 searches before a bulb is found.

When searching for a serial number, do any bulbs pulse off and on?

Advertisement