Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The OnePlus 3 Thread - - - -(No delivery posts)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm not sure never used oxygen 2.2 I updated straight to 3.0 beta after I got the phone.

Ah. How many hours screen on time are you getting? (out of curiosity)
    So far today I am on 4 and a half hours onscreen time with 30% battery left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

:confused::eek:
    Im on an 1hr 12m with 80%

What apps do you frequently use?

:confused::eek:
    Im on an 1hr 12m with 80%

What apps do you frequently use?
    Mostly chrome browser, Facebook for about 40 mins general browsing of Facebook watching a few videos. I watched a very small bit of YouTube. I as also on adverts app for a while. I also have brightness set a small bit above halfway. Still perfect to view screen not dark or not too light.

Mostly chrome browser, Facebook for about 40 mins general browsing of Facebook watching a few videos. I watched a very small bit of YouTube. I as also on adverts app for a while. I also have brightness set a small bit above halfway. Still perfect to view screen not dark or not too light.

Thanks. Not sure why my battery life isn't similar to yours. I mainly use twitter, chrome and new apps, maybe a few videos.

Thanks. Not sure why my battery life isn't similar to yours. I mainly use twitter, chrome and new apps, maybe a few videos.
    I only got my phone a couple of weeks ago, so maybe the battery is still good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Thinking of going down the contract free phone route, my contract with VF is up in the next 2 months.

My sister got a OPX, and my boss has a OP2. Both seem quite nice, for the brief times I've played with them.

Currently in between phones - had a HTC One which I sold as it was falling apart, then replaced with a Vodafone Smart Ultra 6, which I managed to crack the LCD of in my pocket, so am using a buddy's old Moto G 2014 which I hate (so slow, but at least I can see the whole screen).

What are people's history with dealing with One Plus? They good company to deal with? I assume there's easy root and all that with active ROM devs?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Meant to say - I think the styling of phone, if those leaked renders are correct, is quite handsome, OLED is a big plus too. Do we know when it's being announced? Didn't the boss of One Plus say it would be launched by end of Q2?

I wonder will this phone be vr ready as was mentioned in Google io.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I was hoping they wouldn't put an amoled screen onto this, every phone I had with an amoled screen got lots of burn in after a short space of time. My gf's galaxy s6 edge got burned into f*ck, it had a screen replacement under warranty and soon afterwards the new screen burned in to. Turns me off Amoled completely.

I've had a few amoleds and never got it, well just slightly after a long time with phone. And you don't notice it until you specifically go looking for it by using a full screen white image. I had a galaxy s2, note 2, and a galaxy alpha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I've had a few amoleds and never got it, well just slightly after a long time with phone. And you don't notice it until you specifically go looking for it by using a full screen white image. I had a galaxy s2, note 2, and a galaxy alpha.

I thought the newer gen amoled screens were suppose to be have more resistance to burn in. My old S4 burned in really badly at the status bar and flipboard burned in to my screen to since I liked to use it. My oneplus 2 has a lovely burn in free screen which I am happy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

davo2001 wrote: »
    Out if curiosity, how long did it take from the point you reported the issue to you having the new phone in your hands?

Was about 4 to 6 weeks. First two were them remote connecting to it loading updated software. Then a few for RMA, then send a replacement so I'd say 6 in total.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

I would be interested in this but only if they scrap this totally ridiculous invite system which is a farce

Hopefully it has quick charge as that would be very handy if you are having a busy day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

jonnny68 wrote: »
    I would be interested in this but only if they scrap this totally ridiculous invite system which is a farce

At this point, with 3 device launches under their belt I'd agree and rather launch be held back for a few weeks for more stock/QA. Knowing OnePlus however the talk they can generate around a new flagship device will make it impossible for them to pass up the invite system again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

sentient_6 wrote: »

Jesus, what a plonker!

LOL @ some of the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

I swear to f&*king christ if they bring that stupid invite system back again i will not buy the OP3. They are a big enough company now so there should be no need to dispense with that bulls^it.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

That reads to me like he's being facetious and the invite system will be gone this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah I get that impression too, if not it's an incredibly dumb tweet

• Advertisement

davo2001 wrote: »
    I swear to f&*king christ if they bring that stupid invite system back again i will not buy the OP3. They are a big enough company now so there should be no need to dispense with that bulls^it.

Im thinking this too. Although, if they drop a substantial enough of money off it like they did the OP2, that could swing me. Certainly not buying it immediately anyway.

Inb4 someone defends it saying its part of their marketing, controlling supply/demand bullsh** etc.
    breeno wrote: »
    That reads to me like he's being facetious and the invite system will be gone this time around.
    maximoose wrote: »
    Yeah I get that impression too, if not it's an incredibly dumb tweet

Pretty pathetic either way. The cofounder of a company acting like a twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Really interesting gauge of the mood towards oneplus these days in the comments on this tweet from Grarak

https://twitter.com/Grarak/status/733902702996905984

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Really interesting gauge of the mood towards oneplus these days in the comments on this tweet from Grarak

https://twitter.com/Grarak/status/733902702996905984
    Jesus I must be lucky with oxygen OS 13 beta as I don't have any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/get-ready-for-the-oneplus-3-first-global-vr-shopping-experience.447425/

30,000 free headsets for the VR launch of the OnePlus 3 (Shipping is €6.90) Link below to order it for Irish customers.

https://oneplus.net/ie/oneplus-loop-vr

xtal191 wrote: »
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/get-ready-for-the-oneplus-3-first-global-vr-shopping-experience.447425/

30,000 free headsets for the VR launch of the OnePlus 3 (Shipping is €6.90) Link below to order it for Irish customers.

https://oneplus.net/ie/oneplus-loop-vr

Got mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

Me too - order placed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Got mine :-)

Got mine too. Missed out on the cardboard one last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Eventually....after multiple browsers and attempts I got through. :)

• Advertisement

Eventually....after multiple browsers and attempts I got through. :)

Had the same issue. I saw the tweet and had issues with choosing the country in the bottom right

Advertisement