Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The OnePlus 3 Thread - - - -(No delivery posts)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Looking for somewhere to get a cheap remote to use with the headset and my OPO, any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

Is there an obligation to buy the One Plus 3 after ordering this VR headset?

Bog Butter wrote: »

No

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Bog Butter wrote: »

Of course not, how could they enforce that? They are in China and their laws don't apply here, would be impossible to force you to buy something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Ah good to see my headset has shipped. After seeing some of you already get yours I was worried mine had not even moved from 'preparing shipment'.

Have a drive to Cobh Co cork from Dublin and back on the 14th, really hope I'm not stuck in traffic on the way, lol if you see the news of some mad guy driving in a blue transit van while wearing a VR headset at 5:30, that will be me looking for a strong 4G signal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

davo2001 wrote: »
    Looking for somewhere to get a cheap remote to use with the headset and my OPO, any suggestions?

May be of use to someone - Was looking for one myself then remembered, if you have a PS4 you can use a DS4 controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

maximoose wrote: »
    May be of use to someone - Was looking for one myself then remembered, if you have a PS4 you can use a DS4 controller.

Cool!
    I imagine I need an app to pair up the controller to the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Well my head set just got shipped out finally. For a while I thought they forgot about me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 berlingozzo

Hi all,
    I have a chance to write an early review of the OnePlus 3, and I'm looking for suggestions/requests from all of you, on what you'd like me to test :)

I'm collecting the requests on the OP forum, but you can reply here if you prefer.

Before looking at the request, in order for me to be a reviewer, may I ask you to please vote for "berlingozzo" here? https://oneplus.net/ie/lab/candidates
    I won't be able to do the review unless I end up within the first 30. The competition will close in a few days, so I need all the support I can!
    Thanks!

The suggestions/requests are here: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-3-early-review.448857/

thanks!
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

If they haven't even got the 30 test units promo over with yet they aren't planning on a June release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hi all,
    I have a chance to write an early review of the OnePlus 3, and I'm looking for suggestions/requests from all of you, on what you'd like me to test :)

I'm collecting the requests on the OP forum, but you can reply here if you prefer.

Before looking at the request, in order for me to be a reviewer, may I ask you to please vote for "berlingozzo" here? https://oneplus.net/ie/lab/candidates
    I won't be able to do the review unless I end up within the first 30. The competition will close in a few days, so I need all the support I can!
    Thanks!

The suggestions/requests are here: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-3-early-review.448857/

thanks!
    cheers

You don't even own a One Plus device?

emmetkenny wrote: »

LOL, he joined the OP forum on Monday and expects then to give him a phone for review!

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

LOL, he joined the OP forum on Monday and expects then to give him a phone for review!

Good luck!

He made it into the first 60 reviewers

Good luck!

I've bought a good bit of stuff from One Plus and had a short piece typed up but never bothered to submit it because I thought the chances of being selected would be very low.

I'm a bit disappointed I didn't submit it now because I feel my piece was actually quite a bit better than a few of those that were selected that I just read through the link :(

I've bought a good bit of stuff from One Plus and had a short piece typed up but never bothered to submit it because I thought the chances of being selected would be very low.

I'm a bit disappointed I didn't submit it now because I feel my piece was actually quite a bit better than a few of those that were selected that I just read through the link :(

The guy with the most votes has a ridiculous post

chaitanyaa007
    Give a writer a pen and he can rule any mind. Take the mind from the man and the pen becomes useless.

:pac:

The guy with the most votes has a ridiculous post

chaitanyaa007

That's deep :D

OnePlus 3 Camera Samples from their Twitter

CkbxR0BVAAE5um2.jpg
    CkbxSmPUYAAjnUP.jpg
    CkbxTESUkAIAiUj.jpg
    CkbxUX6UYAMG3dy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭bert911

Nice to see headphone jack at the bottom + volume rocker on the left under the slider opposite power button see image

https://goo.gl/photos/tRmpC5CdoS1TEbUo8

I just want a black version anyway.
    Sick to death of all these horrid gold phones all over the place :D

marcbrophy wrote:
    I just want a black version anyway. Sick to death of all these horrid gold phones all over the place

I'm guessing 3 colours silver black & gold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,286 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

bert911 wrote: »
    Nice to see headphone jack at the bottom + volume rocker on the left under the slider opposite power button see image

I never got why people are so keen to have headphone jacks on bottom of phones - what's the benefit?

dulpit wrote: »
    I never got why people are so keen to have headphone jacks on bottom of phones - what's the benefit?

People put their phones into their pockets top first. Headphone cable might get tangled/squashed. When holding the phone with headphones in the cable hangs awkwardly.

Very minor inconveniences.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

People put their phones into their pockets top first. Headphone cable might get tangled/squashed. When holding the phone with headphones in the cable hangs awkwardly.

Very minor inconveniences.

Top first?? What kind of animal does that?

Top first?

WTF is wrong with people? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

I initially thought putting the headphone jack at the bottom was silly but admittedly after I take a call my phone generally does go top first into my pocket.

dulpit wrote:

The headphone jack will be phased out this time next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

bert911 wrote: »
    The headphone jack will be phased out this time next year

Just because apple are doing it what makes you think everyone else will ?.

As removing it is going to piss off quite a lot of people and I am going to be one that's for sure.

Just because apple are doing it what makes you think everyone else will ?.

As removing it is going to piss off quite a lot of people and I am going to be one that's for sure.

If the manufacturer bundle a set of Bluetooth Headphones in the box with the phone I don't think it'd be as big a deal.

Also there's a Chinese Manufacturer LeEco who has already announced their next devices won't have a jack but audio will be capable through the USB C port.

www.androidauthority.com/first-phones-without-headphone-port-run-android-687910

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

First thing i thought of was what about when you want to charge and listen to music at the same time? I have that situation all the time in the car like loads of people id imagine.

Not every car has Bluetooth built in even in this day and age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

When it comes to headphones I just prefer the old skool methods of a tethered pair.

Advertisement