Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The OnePlus 3 Thread - - - -(No delivery posts)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Just because apple are doing it what makes you think everyone else will ?
    Apple haven't done it yet... LeEco and Motorola have but I can see Apple doing it given their track record of adopting new ideas and technology early.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

I'm a wireless convert myself and wouldn't go back, it's so handy.

Looking at ordering this phone on Tuesday. Coming from a Galaxy S6 Egde. Do people think it would be a good bump in specs from the s6? Had the s6 since December and the battery is failing on me already and it overheats a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Apple haven't done it yet... LeEco and Motorola have but I can see Apple doing it given their track record of adopting new ideas and technology early.

That and making people pay through the nose for 'approved Apple products' for no reason other than making a profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Top first?? What kind of animal does that?
    marcbrophy wrote: »
    Top first?

WTF is wrong with people? :mad:

:pac:

It's natural. Bottom first is awkward and wrong. Very wrong.

:D
    I initially thought putting the headphone jack at the bottom was silly but admittedly after I take a call my phone generally does go top first into my pocket.

Good to see there's another normal person here
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

god's toy wrote: »
    That and making people pay through the nose for 'approved Apple products' for no reason other than making a profit.
    If only they owned a company like Beats that makes headphones...:rolleyes:

Motorola are silly, there is nothing to be gained from removing the old 3.5mm jack, yes many use bluetooth earphones, but what if you're exercising and your phone is already connecting to the bluetooth of your Miui Mi Band, you can't connect it to your headphones also. Then there is the battery draining issue of bluetooth only.....certainly it would put me off a phone if it didn't have the 3.5mm jack!

• Advertisement

Dont worry everyone, the OP3 will have a headphone port!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

If only they owned a company like Beats that makes headphones...:rolleyes:

Motorola are silly, there is nothing to be gained from removing the old 3.5mm jack, yes many use bluetooth earphones, but what if you're exercising and your phone is already connecting to the bluetooth of your Miui Mi Band, you can't connect it to your headphones also. Then there is the battery draining issue of bluetooth only.....certainly it would put me off a phone if it didn't have the 3.5mm jack!

Something tells me that this could be the way forward for for bendable screens...the less components the better.
    If you watched the Lenovo Tech show online you would have seen two very impressionable bendable devices, a phone that bent around the wrist, and a tablet that halved in size (possibly tablet/phone hybrid).

Anyhow it's probably the future. We'll be using USB type C connections for everything. And using converters for 'old' tech ;)

OnePlus have a fair amount of OP3 phones ready to ship

https://twitter.com/getpeid/status/741748670782144512

The first shipment of OnePlus 3 final units for commercial sale has entered India. The batch totals 7200 pieces at a unit value of INR 22,858 ($341), the Zauba import listing reveals.
    Now that's obviously not the final retail price, but speculation revolves around INR 25,000 ($370). Even so, the number is still significantly less than the CNY 2,999 ($460) price of the initial 1,000 units sold in China prior to official launch.

The OnePlus 2 possibly costs around €300 converted?!

:eek:

I fking hope so!

gsmarena_002.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Anyone know roughly what time devices will go on sale Tuesday?

• Advertisement

6pm the show starts

The earliest you can get it is 5.30pm (BST) exclusively through the app linked below. It's available for 2 hours from then. Then its available again at 8pm (BST) on Oneplus.net for all to buy it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.oneplus.three.vrlaunch

Lol, no bother. I was confused from reading the post on the OnePlus forum anyway trying to convert times and when he said it was available in the Loop for 2 hours :D
    Anyone know roughly what time devices will go on sale Tuesday?

See post above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

So what models are people hoping to get ?.

I am after a 64GB 6GB one.

I hope there be more then just sliver ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

See post above

Cheers dead, just downloaded the app. Hopefully it's fairly straight forward.

Either a 6/64 or depending on the price difference a 6/128. I'll aim for a black/metallic one but I'll be putting a case on it anyway so it doesn't fuss me.

Think the 6GB is a must, but solely for bragging rights ;)

So if we buy one on Tuesday evening, what's the expected delivery timeframe would you think?

I think there'll only be one version.
    Cheers dead, just downloaded the app. Hopefully it's fairly straight forward.

Either a 6/64 or depending on the price difference a 6/128. I'll aim for a black/metallic one but I'll be putting a case on it anyway so it doesn't fuss me.

No bother. I think you might need Google Cardboard app.

biebiebie wrote: »
    So if we buy one on Tuesday evening, what's the expected delivery timeframe would you think?

They were inconsistent last year IIRC. People ordering on the same day didn't receive them on the same day.

From the previous tweet, it looks like they'll be quicker this release.I'd guess 2-7 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I predict a mess up by Oneplus anyway! In all seriousness though I hope they have their ducks in a row this time.

Think the 6GB is a must, but solely for bragging rights ;)

I'm going 6GB\64 but (128 if I can) if only so I can see and how Android deals with it. Will it gobble up everything like windows or will it make it super slick and have 20 + apps in memory or will it make no difference at all... I've always wondered what tons of RAM would do to Android and waiting on other reviews will bug me as they won't test it as sticky as I would.

Oh and for the bragging rights too!

• Advertisement

I'm guessing not on its was before the end of June seeing as the 'testers' haven't received any yet.

I'm guessing not on its was before the end of June seeing as the 'testers' haven't received any yet.

They'll receive it after the launch Im guessing. Otherwise all the specs will leak before they get to do their "Loop" VR launch.

I know MKBHD has received it and shot a review, but he's an exception. He did a camera review last year before the OP2 was launched.

For those who want to buy the OP3 on launch day read this post, so you don't have any issues ordering

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/what-you-need-to-know-about-purchasing-the-oneplus-3-on-launch-day.449250/

Only thing about that post is didn't they say something about a 2hr window for those with vr gear? Those times don't mention it.

Only thing about that post is didn't they say something about a 2hr window for those with vr gear? Those times don't mention it.

Yeah, I noticed that. I was wondering how they'd do it since they have to present the phone first but they said they'd have 2 hour window from 5.30 but the open sales start at 8.00 :confused:

You dont have to have the VR gear twitch it or order it.

I suppose it doesn't really matter and we can order it whenever its available.

Yeah, I noticed that. I was wondering how they'd do it since they have to present the phone first but they said they'd have 2 hour window from 5.30 but the open sales start at 8.00 :confused:

You dont have to have the VR gear twitch it or order it.

I suppose it doesn't really matter and we can order it whenever its available.

In the end as long as I can order one its all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

I'm going to hold fast for a few months and let the rest of you guys be the guinea pigs, still fairly happy with my OPO!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

davo2001 wrote: »
    I'm going to hold fast for a few months and let the rest of you guys be the guinea pigs, still fairly happy with my OPO!

I'm very interested in the OP3 but my Two is still perfect so I think I'll hang on until around Christmas and the first price drop.

(Buys on launch for no other reason than I'm weak :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Nice point in the link mau5, I had just presumed that Ireland was a launch country for the OP3, but the link confirms that it is.

Also, here's a little bit of a tip for those who want to catch the launch, but don't have a Loop VR headset.
    Firstly (and probably an obvious one), if you have a cardboard VR or any other VR headset for your phone, just download the OP3 Launch app from the play store. They will all work with them.
    Secondly (not as obvious), you don't need a VR headset at all to use the app. I remember it from last years launch, you could use VR or non VR mode. In the play store, the app states "Please note: No peripherals are required to access the Loop, but the use of a VR headset is recommended for an optimal 360º experience.".

So, it's open to all :)

• Advertisement

davo2001 wrote: »
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'm very interested in the OP3 but my Two is still perfect so I think I'll hang on until around Christmas and the first price drop.

(Buys on launch for no other reason than I'm weak :D)

I was thinking the same. The Marshmallow update seems to have breathe new life into my OP2.
    Edit: if its 300ish like the previous leak suggested, it'd be hard to resist!
    marcbrophy wrote: »
    Nice point in the link mau5, I had just presumed that Ireland was a launch country for the OP3, but the link confirms that it is.

Also, here's a little bit of a tip for those who want to catch the launch, but don't have a Loop VR headset.
    Firstly (and probably an obvious one), if you have a cardboard VR or any other VR headset for your phone, just download the OP3 Launch app from the play store. They will all work with them.
    Secondly (not as obvious), you don't need a VR headset at all to use the app. I remember it from last years launch, you could use VR or non VR mode. In the play store, the app states "Please note: No peripherals are required to access the Loop, but the use of a VR headset is recommended for an optimal 360º experience.".

So, it's open to all :)

Someones still going to ask about the VR app and if they need a the headset :pac: :P

Advertisement