Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda & Cyclist close call

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

What marks would the Audi driver's driving leave on one of these?

http://tinyurl.com/zwv5lbd

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭pedro_colnago

You know that you don't have to watch the videos or read the discussions, don't you?

Wow would you believe I never thought of that...... Thank you for enlightening me with that somewhat obvious clarification. I feel so much more enriched as a result of it...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

Not just that comment, it's a common thread running thru a lot of what you say

Where did I display any anti-Garda bias? You might find an anti-bullying-by-Garda bias, or an anti-abuse-of-power-by-Garda bias all right.

Where did I display any anti-Garda bias? You might find an anti-bullying-by-Garda bias, or an anti-abuse-of-power-by-Garda bias all right.

Have you heard of GSOC? They would love to hear your woes. They get paid to listen to them, I dont.

Have you heard of GSOC? They would love to hear your woes. They get paid to listen to them, I dont.

I'll take that as a 'No' then, that you can't identify any particular anti-Garda bias in anything that I said.

• Advertisement

I'll take that as a 'No' then, that you can't identify any particular anti-Garda bias in anything that I said.

Take it whatever way you want, the world doesn't revolve around you and ive better things to do than regurgitate your obvious biases in the thread back to you.
    Let me know how you get on with GSOC tho, that will be enlightening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Jesus lads its a beautiful sunny day, go out for cycle

Take it whatever way you want, the world doesn't revolve around you and ive better things to do than regurgitate your obvious biases in the thread back to you.
    Let me know how you get on with GSOC tho, that will be enlightening.

There is no anti-Garda bias from me on this thread. And I'll keep saying any time you suggest otherwise. The days of tugging your forelock and being afraid of getting a belt from the local Sgt are gone. Expecting Gardai not to bully or abuse is not an anti-Garda bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Feed Up

Zyzz wrote: »
    Jesus lads its a beautiful sunny day, go out for cycle

And stay away from the Quays and black Audis:)

Ignore the 'flashing ID bit' for a moment and look at it from this angle:

If someone did this on their driving test what do you think the result would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

371 posts and counting....both the cyclist and the driver come out of this badly, neither is faultless. Suggesting otherwise says more about your own entrenched position regarding the subject matter than it does the facts of the matter. As Zyzz says, get out and enjoy the sunshine on your bike/in your car, and be courteous to each other :)

• Advertisement

Wow would you believe I never thought of that...... Thank you for enlightening me with that somewhat obvious clarification. I feel so much more enriched as a result of it...

It's a serious point. I've no idea why people get so animated or concerned about what other people choose to discuss. I've no idea why anyone would want to discuss the Kardashians or Eastenders, but I don't feel the need to go onto those threads and tell people that they are crazy to be discussing those particular topics.

Perhaps there is something deeper going on here.

There is no anti-Garda bias from me on this thread. And I'll keep saying any time you suggest otherwise. The days of tugging your forelock and being afraid of getting a belt from the local Sgt are gone. Expecting Gardai not to bully or abuse is not an anti-Garda bias.

I dunno what world you are living in but those days are long long gone so maybe it's time you got over anti garda agenda aswell. Do you want GSOCs phone number? They are surprisingly easy to contact. Maybe Email them, its as easy as being on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

My point is that if such a situation exists here, it should indeed be shared publically. Security through obscurity doesn't work. Legislation is in the public domain, so if some people are allows flaunt the law for security or other reasons, this requires (by definition) legislation to allow this.

The flashing could be a safety feature;
    http://www.audi.com/com/brand/en/vorsprung_durch_technik/content/2013/10/audi-a8-in-a-new-radiant-light.html

But regardless, state cars have no particular rights on the road.

state car being driven by a Garda is allowed in a Bus Lane
    private car being driven by a Garda less so
    That car is an 08 A4 and therefore dosent have 2015 A8 lights

It's a serious point. I've no idea why people get so animated or concerned about what other people choose to discuss. I've no idea why anyone would want to discuss the Kardashians or Eastenders, but I don't feel the need to go onto those threads and tell people that they are crazy to be discussing those particular topics.

Perhaps there is something deeper going on here.

Hmmmm yes I wonder????

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,711 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I don't think there has been anything constructive added since Jep's warning a page or more ago

If anyone believes they have anything useful to say on the topic drop us a PM and we'll consider whether it's worth re-opening the thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement