Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad encounters with a certain ethnic minority.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

I was in a pharmacy yesterday and a women walked in and knocked over a few things on a shelf and didn't bat an eye lid to pick them back up. She strolled up to the pharmacist whilst she was talking to a customer and interrupted her to ask "Dyia any hair highlights?". The pharmacist pointed over to them (which happened to be the shelf she knocked over), the pharmacist continued her conversation with the customer whilst the woman went get her hair highlights. The women returned and shoved the highlights into the pharmacists hand, "there". The pharmacist replied, "I will be with you in a second, I am talking to this person first". She started to go ape**** about being in a rush until another member of staff came along and dealt with it.

So many of them don't seem to be able to comprehend social norms or right from wrong. Queuing and litter are just some of them.

I'm surprised she actually paid for the products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

The mods are gonna be angry with this thread when they wake up.

tomofson wrote: »
    I know I know its all just part of the culture and im the evil one for walking away I should of just sat there and let meself be pelted with stones so they could have their fun...

Starts off all self righteous with a dash of drama ("oh I'm the wrong one and I don't want to sound fussy"), 33 posts later and he's going on about their custom of luring people to "prolonged sexual assaults".

Anyway, clearly the OP hates travellers, it's unfortunate he had an incident that confirmed his bias. But lucky he wasn't the victim of this luring for sexual assault business.

Starts off all self righteous with a dash of drama ("oh I'm the wrong one and I don't want to sound fussy"), 33 posts later and he's going on about their custom of luring people to "prolonged sexual assaults".

Anyway, clearly the OP hates travellers, it's unfortunate he had an incident that confirmed his bias. But lucky he wasn't the victim of this luring for sexual assault business.

Yes it is much better to ignore the issues of rape and serious crime so people on Boards.ie will think a little bit more highly of me.

Yes it is much better to ignore the issues of rape and serious crime so people on Boards.ie will think a little bit more highly of me.

Erm.

You did in your first post. You completely ignored it. It was stone throwing that was the big issue then. It was only when the mask fell off that you warmed to the "rapists and perverts" theme, and you've now moved to rape and serious crime.

• Advertisement

Erm.

You did in your first post. You completely ignored it. It was stone throwing that was the big issue then. It was only when the mask fell off that you warmed to the "rapists and perverts" theme, and you've now moved to rape and serious crime.

Yeah because I said I was only highlighting a personal incident that happened to me not every crime a traveller ever committed after all I did have a time limit and im sure I wouldn't of had the space. I didn't mention the beatings of old people in rural areas either or the family feuds.

Yeah because I said I was only highlighting a personal incident that happened to me not every crime a traveller ever committed after all I did have a time limit and im sure I wouldn't of had the space. I didn't mention the beatings of old people in rural areas either or the family feuds.

35 posts about travellers in what, 6 hours?

It doesn't seem like you're that pressed for time.

Anyway, you're in full flow now. I'm interested in the rape and luring for sexual assault accusations. For a country that read the Ryan Report and so on (and you will presumably accept that traveller children formed a high number of victims of abuse - this is a country where just a few decades ago our Dail discussed proposals to put all traveller children in industrial schools) I'm interested in what stats you are using to imply that rape is their problem...

35 posts about travellers in what, 6 hours?

It doesn't seem like you're that pressed for time.

Anyway, you're in full flow now. I'm interested in the rape and luring for sexual assault accusations. For a country that read the Ryan Report and so on (and you will presumably accept that traveller children formed a high number of victims of abuse - this is a country where just a few decades ago our Dail discussed proposals to put all traveller children in industrial schools) I'm interested in what stats you are using to imply that rape is their problem...

Do you think everyone who says they have had bad encounters with travellers is lying?

Do you think everyone who says they have had bad encounters with travellers is lying?

No no, not at all.

Now, you might deal with the question. You referred to rape and luring for sexual assault. Can you expand on it? Have you any stats? Why imply that they are particular problems in the travelling community?

No no, not at all.

Now, you might deal with the question. You referred to rape and luring for sexual assault. Can you expand on it? Have you any stats? Why imply that they are particular problems in the travelling community?

I dont have any official statistics but I know it has happened and decided to highlight it, are you a member of the travelling community?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The SWJs have awoken

I dont have any official statistics but I know it has happened and decided to highlight it, are you a member of the travelling community?

No, I'm not.

Do you have any evidence whatsoever that the instances of rape and sexual assault are greater amongst the travelling community? Anything?

The SWJs have awoken

Looks like some traveller haters didn't even sleep!

No, I'm not.

Do you have any evidence whatsoever that the instances of rape and sexual assault are greater amongst the travelling community? Anything?

I have often wondered why the statistics are not available to the public, I think it should be available when one community is committing such a large amount of crime especially when its a very small community like the travelling community which makes up only a percentage of a percentage. probably thanks to the PC brigade

I have often wondered why the statistics are not available to the public, I think it should be available when one community is committing such a large amount of crime especially when its a very small community like the travelling community which makes up only a percentage of a percentage. probably thanks to the PC brigade

Aha.

It's a conspiracy? The stats are known but not made available to the public? And this cover up is led by "the PC brigade"?

Alternatively, there is no conspiracy and cover up at all? Is that possible? In which case, would you accept that to place particular crimes at the door of one community could point to to bigotry and prejudice? I think rape and sexual assault happens throughout Irish society, sadly, and is not unique to any culture, colour or class.

Aha.

It's a conspiracy? The stats are known but not made available to the public? And this cover up is led by "the PC brigade"?

Alternatively, there is no conspiracy and cover up at all? Is that possible? In which case, would you accept that to place particular crimes at the door of one community could point to to bigotry and prejudice? I think rape and sexual assault happens throughout Irish society, sadly, and is not unique to any culture, colour or class.

Yeah because I was trying to suggest rape doesn't happen in all of society

Yeah because I was trying to suggest rape doesn't happen in all of society

Direct quotes are handy. So there is no nuance lost. You referred to them as...
    ...a community of people who deliberately lure people to certain places for vicious premeditated beatings and pro longed sexual assaults.

I asked for evidence and you conceded that it was based pretty much on intuition because you think the PC brigade are burying the stats.

Is it possible that such intuition is based on bigotry and prejudice, and there really is no need to imply that they are more likely to commit sexual assault or rape?

Direct quotes are handy. So there is no nuance lost. You referred to them as...

I asked for evidence and you conceded that it was based pretty much on intuition because you think the PC brigade are burying the stats.

Is it possible that such intuition is based on bigotry and prejudice, and there really is no need to imply that they are more likely to commit sexual assault or rape?

Would you ever cop on some of the most well known sexual offences was committed by them what about the sick individual who raped the 89 year old woman years after he raped a young girl and got her pregnant I'm pretty sure that was a high profiled case, Or the group of lads in cork who where driving around in a van with a mattress in the back dragging girls in and raping them. I know they where only convicted of one but the whole of cork knows they done more than that and more than the three who where convicted was involved. What about the old man who was beating to death tied up then hung over the banisters of he's home and when he was found he was calling for hes dog and he succumbed to hes wounds and died days later? The famous rapist known as the beast, who also has several brothers who are convicted sex offenders? Two where on trial a year ago for raping a young vulnerable woman in a hotel. A certain family of travellers in limerick also known for their rape tendencies, as well as violent attacks on the public. Those are just the ones of the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Maybe if people where allowed to say what way they really feel it might force them to change their behavior. Instead of being forced into submission by the PC brigade people should speak their minds of how they really feel about these things. It is bad for the rest of society and it is especially bad for the travellers if people dont speak about it. How are they meant to know their actions are wrong if they are not criticized?

You're the same guy that hadn't the balls to tell a few kids to stop throwing stones at him???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

PARlance wrote: »
    You're the same guy that hadn't the balls to tell a few kids to stop throwing stones at him???

What would you have done in that situation?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

What would you have done in that situation?

I would have asked the big lad for some rhino horn.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Closing this until the mods get a chance to look at it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement