Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad encounters with a certain ethnic minority.

Options
  • 08-05-2016 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

So the other day I was visiting a friend in vincents hospital, was in the waiting room with him for a good hour and a half and he was called in to see hes doctor and told me he was going to be a good 20 minutes to a half hour, So I decide to go outside to get some hour and cool down as it was warm inside. I walk out and all the benches where taking so I sit down on some nearby steps and look through the news on my phone when after about five minutes I hear the very recognizable voices of this certain community from behind me and it sounds like its a large group but I just go about my business without a bother each to their own live and let live. After about two minutes a fairly largish stone lands right in front of me missing me by centimeters so I immediate know where this stone came from and got up and move as I was walking away I look back (deliberately waiting till i got a good distance before I do this) and notice three young children with this large group of men and women throwing stones at different people. I know kids will be kids but what really shocked me was the fact that an older male figure probably in hes late 20s if not 30s was directing the children on who to throw stones at. I know I know its all just part of the culture and im the evil one for walking away I should of just sat there and let meself be pelted with stones so they could have their fun. But what really annoyed me wasn't what happened to me it was the facts that someone could being visiting a really sick or possibly dying relative and the last thing they should have to put up with is this sort of thing when they are already probably in a bad enough mood or an emotional state.

And that concludes my latest bad encounter with that certain ethnic minority peaceful group, some of my encounters with them have included extreme violence and theft.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

I predict that this thread will generate a reasoned and civilised discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Not that I know who you mean but best to just let them on with it or you will be victimised or accused of being racist or something else. Not worth it...and going on history this thread won't last long either.....

Travellers gonna...... travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,147 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Oh right, I thought he was talking about jackeens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

tomofson wrote: »
    I should of just sat there

Have course you should of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Pity they don't travel as far away from me as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I didn't even need a TD;DR to know this would be a traveler thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

Oh right, I thought he was talking about jackeens.

I was sure he was talking about Mormons.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

You should'of said something to the adult.

You should'of said something to the adult.

Because an adult encouraging hes kids/young relatives to throw stones at people is going to be mature enough to talk to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

It's part of their tradition!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Wheety wrote: »
    It's part of their tradition!!

Who are we to oppress them... Right?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Give pavee point a call. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for such behaviour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Are we not allowed to refer to them as Travellers now for fear the Boards PC Brigade will revolt?

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Give pavee point a call. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for such behaviour.

The ancient stone throwing tradition between elders and younger I should consider myself lucky I got so up close and personal to such a beautiful ancient culture.

Niemoj wrote: »
    Are we not allowed to refer to them as Travellers now for fear the Boards PC Brigade will revolt?

I deliberately made a point out of not mentioning the name of the ethnic minority in my original post to see how long it would be before someone guessed who I was talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,147 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I deliberately made a point out of not mentioning the name of the ethnic minority in my original post to see how long it would be before someone guessed who I was talking about.

Do I win a prize for guessing it was the Dubliners.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Who cast the first stone?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

I wonder if you caught the biggest one and pulled him into a van and brought him up the mountains and tied him to a tree for 24 hrs would he learn from that?

I think he defo probably would but that is probably something out of a fiction tv series I am thinking of so better to just get up and walk away and thank god that this is not your way of life and go make your own better and the friends/ family you are visiting as you could be fighting those battles every single day and nothing would change.....or would it.......

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭huddlejonny

I wonder if you caught the biggest one and pulled him into a van and brought him up the mountains and tied him to a tree for 24 hrs would he learn from that?

I think he defo probably would but that is probably something out of a fiction tv series I am thinking of so better to just get up and walk away and thank god that this is not your way of life and go make your own better and the friends/ family you are visiting as you could be fighting those battles every single day and nothing would change.....or would it.......

He'd enjoy that ****.. now if you were to cut off his welfare, different story. Maggots on society the lot of them..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Superhero1993

When I was 17, I was walking home from school and had to pass a group of travellers. As I was walking by, one rougly the same age as me punched me in the face. There was a few others that were older and bigger than me so I couldn't hit him back. I just cursed them out of it and walked on. Of course some are given bad press but the majority are a shower of tramps.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭huddlejonny

When I was 17, I was walking home from school and had to pass a group of travellers. As I was walking by, one rougly the same age as me punched me in the face. There was a few others that were older and bigger than me so I couldn't hit him back. I just cursed them out of it and walked on. Of course some are given bad press but the majority are a shower of tramps.

Your username suggests otherwise, after that day did you vow to wreak revenge on the 'javelin' community. Going from halting site to site eradicating the evil bastards at will..lol - punch me in the face, ill kill you brother ****er..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Sadly this thread will most likely get locked. Some mod will get the wind up him or her ... lets be honest, alot of chatter about pc here lately, then decide to close it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,265 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So the other day I was visiting a friend in vincents hospital, was in the waiting room with him for a good hour and a half and he was called in to see hes doctor and told me he was going to be a good 20 minutes to a half hour, So I decide to go outside to get some hour and cool down as it was warm inside. I walk out and all the benches where taking so I sit down on some nearby steps and look through the news on my phone when after about five minutes I hear the very recognizable voices of this certain community from behind me and it sounds like its a large group but I just go about my business without a bother each to their own live and let live. After about two minutes a fairly largish stone lands right in front of me missing me by centimeters so I immediate know where this stone came from and got up and move as I was walking away I look back (deliberately waiting till i got a good distance before I do this) and notice three young children with this large group of men and women throwing stones at different people. I know kids will be kids but what really shocked me was the fact that an older male figure probably in hes late 20s if not 30s was directing the children on who to throw stones at. I know I know its all just part of the culture and im the evil one for walking away I should of just sat there and let meself be pelted with stones so they could have their fun. But what really annoyed me wasn't what happened to me it was the facts that someone could being visiting a really sick or possibly dying relative and the last thing they should have to put up with is this sort of thing when they are already probably in a bad enough mood or an emotional state.

And that concludes my latest bad encounter with that certain ethnic minority peaceful group, some of my encounters with them have included extreme violence and theft.

So you registered an account to tell us this? Boards.ie now reaches more people than Joe Duffy it would appear.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

So you registered an account to tell us this? Boards.ie now reaches more people than Joe Duffy it would appear.

Not exactly no, believe it or not registering an account with boards.ie has been on my to do list for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Sadly this thread will most likely get locked. Some mod will get the wind up him or her ... lets be honest, alot of chatter about pc here lately, then decide to close it.

Looking at many of the replies it's just a Traveller bashing free for all though. Hardly good honest debate going on here, just people essentially declaring how much they dislike Travellers.

magma69 wrote: »
    Looking at many of the replies it's just a Traveller bashing free for all though. Hardly good honest debate going on here, just people essentially declaring how much they dislike Travellers.

Maybe if people where allowed to say what way they really feel it might force them to change their behavior. Instead of being forced into submission by the PC brigade people should speak their minds of how they really feel about these things. It is bad for the rest of society and it is especially bad for the travellers if people dont speak about it. How are they meant to know their actions are wrong if they are not criticized?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

I've been incredibly unlucky in life, I've met many of them but failed to meet a good one. How unlucky am I given that there's apparently plenty of decent ones out there according to reports and articles I've read

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

magma69 wrote: »

.. and you're pc gone too far :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭melissak

I was sure he was talking about Mormons.

I know. Never trust the Mormons I always say.(not really I have never met a Mormon)
    Op throwing stones at people is not their culture. I know lots of travellers who are sound. Maybe you only notice them when they live down to your expectations and you don’t notice them when they don't conform to your prejudices.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement