Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Is Your Personality Type?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

INTJ or ISTJ depending on the test. I feel it's more or less accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭holy guacamole

ISTJ.

Often called 'Inspectors' and have a keen sense of right and wrong.

Not sure what kind of inspectors they mean, but if given the choice I'd like to be Inspector Gadget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭MarcoAntonio23

INTP - Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Perceiving

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

INTJ. Fairly accurate.

But could be a bit like horoscopes. Not entirely convinced that psychology isn't a pseudoscience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

ENFP

Extremely Narcissistic Fancy Pigeon aka a sexy mad bastard :cool:

• Advertisement

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    INTJ. Fairly accurate.

But could be a bit like horoscopes. Not entirely convinced that psychology isn't a pseudoscience.

You take that back!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Poochie05

ISFJ - the practical helper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Lots of introverts

The majority of us are coming out with an Introvert type. There is definitely some scope for research in to this. The predominant personality type of Internet forum users. Of course that would assume such types are to be given credence.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

Gender data on myers briggs is interesting http://www.careerplanner.com/MB2/TypeInPopulation-Males-Females.cfm

Also interesting to discuss to what extent answers are conditioned by nature or nuture! Or maybe that 's just my inner ENTP (unusual for a woman) speaking.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭Bobthefireman

The majority of us are coming out with an Introvert type. There is definitely some scope for research in to this. The predominant personality type of Internet forum users. Of course that would assume such types are to be given credence.

I think boards in particular attracts introverts. A lot of gamers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Poochie05

As said earlier, Introvert doesn't necessarily mean the stereotypical quiet retiring type. I come out as 'I' in Myers Briggs but I am confident and outgoing, many people were shocked that I would be classed as introvert. I know the test may be subjective but when you read more about the description it means you are thoughtful and reflect before giving opinions, comfortable working alone, but that doesn't mean you can't be sociable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Myers Briggs is rubbish, not a reliable tool at all. Five Factor Model is much better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Poochie05 wrote: »
    As said earlier, Introvert doesn't necessarily mean the stereotypical quiet retiring type. I come out as 'I' in Myers Briggs but I am confident and outgoing, many people were shocked that I would be classed as introvert. I know the test may be subjective but when you read more about the description it means you are thoughtful and reflect before giving opinions, comfortable working alone, but that doesn't mean you can't be sociable
    I'd be curious to see what the general split is in Ireland, I imagine there is probably more introverts than extroverts in general, not just on boards. That's only based on my general observations of the people I've come across though, no scientific basis!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Poochie05 wrote: »
    +1000. On the other side of the coin I come out as near extreme extrovert, yet am happy in my own company and sometimes avoid social interactions.
    TG1 wrote: »
    I'd be curious to see what the general split is in Ireland, I imagine there is probably more introverts than extroverts in general, not just on boards. That's only based on my general observations of the people I've come across though, no scientific basis!
    Maybe, or maybe it's more down to quiet and not so quiet people. The former are more common. More people want to keep their head down publicly, don't want to stick out. Yet when faced with the faux anonymity of the internet check out their Facebook pages to see how loud and wanting social attention they can be.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

ENFJ. Seems pretty accurate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

I'd have lapped this shít up when I was 15.

I mean who doesn't want to believe they're 'wonderfully charismatic' and share the same personality type as Obama, Gene Hackman and other apparently cool and bodacoius heads?

ENFJ. 100% Totally accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I'd have lapped this shít up when I was 15.

I mean who doesn't want to believe they're 'wonderfully charismatic' and share the same personality type as Obama, Gene Hackman and other apparently cool and bodacoius heads?

ENFJ. 100% Totally accurate.

Not to burst your bubble, but I have to laugh at the celebrity types. My mate did one of these and he came out as the same type as Hitler and Osama Bin Laden*. He was slightly perturbed until I pointed out that it was unlikely that Hitler had taken a Myers Briggs test, and while Bin Laden may have taken it, I doubt that he would have made his results public. At best they're just giving rough guesses based on what's known of these people's personalities from the outside.

The test itself is not something I'd take very seriously, but the celebrity matches are hilarious. Here's a site that lists lots - good and bad!

(*Poor INFJs. On the plus side, they also match Gandhi, Leonard Cohen and Daniel Day Lewis. Yup, Gandhi and Hitler have the same personality type)

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

ng

nice guy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

ISFJ - The protectors...

Introverted 60%
    Sensing 4%
    Feeling 14%
    Judging 4%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

maudgonner wrote: »
    Not to burst your bubble

Awww, really..? I'm not the Irish Obama? Say it ain't so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Awww, really..? I'm not the Irish Obama? Say it ain't so.

Something something mass murderer,something something conspiracy Sh1te

Also much much worse do ya really want to associated with the song there's no one as Irish as Barack Obama

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

maudgonner wrote: »
    Not to burst your bubble, but I have to laugh at the celebrity types. My mate did one of these and he came out as the same type as Hitler and Osama Bin Laden*. He was slightly perturbed until I pointed out that it was unlikely that Hitler had taken a Myers Briggs test, and while Bin Laden may have taken it, I doubt that he would have made his results public. At best they're just giving rough guesses based on what's known of these people's personalities from the outside.
    QFT.
    The test itself is not something I'd take very seriously, but the celebrity matches are hilarious. Here's a site that lists lots - good and bad!
    I redid the test there and am extreme ENTP apparently. 88% it says here. TBH my basic fallback position is pretty much; it's/you're probably wrong, prove otherwise and I enjoy the interaction of both of us trying. Authority blind authority gives me hives. From what I can gather it basically makes me a mercurial, scatter brained and argumentative for the lulz of it cúnt. Yep that actually does sound about right. 88% right anyway.
    (*Poor INFJs. On the plus side, they also match Gandhi, Leonard Cohen and Daniel Day Lewis. Yup, Gandhi and Hitler have the same personality type)
    :pac: They might have had. Both were obsessives who saw the world differently, both were extremely good at "working" people and often in large numbers, both were very clever men, both had an overriding notion of sacrifice, both of the self and more of others, both had a vision they took to extremes to see through, both were as odd as two left feet, both had huge egos that were quite delicate up close and both had questionable moralities that wider society tended to ignore(Gandhi was in the habit of sleeping with nubile young women to "prove" his resolve in celibacy and didn't seem to give a fig about the young women in question, so long as they worshiped him. He also considered Black Africans on a lower rung and that's just the start...). So yeah as personalities, not so different.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Im CNUT

similarminds.com has a load of different ones. I'm in the middle of the personality disorder test. This should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Infp. frighteningly accurate.

similarminds.com has a load of different ones. I'm in the middle of the personality disorder test. This should be interesting.

Avoidant Personality Disorder - individual is socially inhibited, feels inadequate, and is oversensitive to criticism. Core issue is an inability to resolve their codependent need for connection with their codependent fear of rejection and/or discomfort/anxiety around others.

Paranoid |||||||||||||| 56% 50%
    Schizoid |||||||||||||| 57% 40%
    Schizotypal |||| 20% 56%
    Antisocial |||||||||||| 49% 46%
    Borderline |||||||||||| 44% 45%
    Histrionic |||||||||| 35% 52%
    Narcissistic |||| 17% 40%
    Avoidant |||||||||||||||||| 74% 48%
    Dependent|||||||||||||||| 63% 44%
    Obsessive-Comp|||||||||| 33% 45%

ideal type - ESFJ, real type - ISFP

mansize wrote: »
    Avoidant Personality Disorder - individual is socially inhibited, feels inadequate, and is oversensitive to criticism. Core issue is an inability to resolve their codependent need for connection with their codependent fear of rejection and/or discomfort/anxiety around others.

Paranoid |||||||||||||| 56% 50%
    Schizoid |||||||||||||| 57% 40%
    Schizotypal |||| 20% 56%
    Antisocial |||||||||||| 49% 46%
    Borderline |||||||||||| 44% 45%
    Histrionic |||||||||| 35% 52%
    Narcissistic |||| 17% 40%
    Avoidant |||||||||||||||||| 74% 48%
    Dependent|||||||||||||||| 63% 44%
    Obsessive-Comp|||||||||| 33% 45%

I have three different info sections. How do you know which is the predominant one?

• Advertisement

I have three different info sections. How do you know which is the predominant one?

the one where you score (significantly) above the average

Advertisement