Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Is Your Personality Type?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,113 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    I'm an INTJ.

They say you shouldn't date anyone with more than two letters different from you.

I don't know about that. I've been with some UNTC's in my time and it never worked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,784 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

50 Dollars to do on online personality test feck that. Can think of better ways to spend that money. No guarantee that it would be right either. Thanks but no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,127 ✭✭✭✭Esel

AMKC wrote: »
    50 Dollars to do on online personality test feck that. Can think of better ways to spend that money. No guarantee that it would be right either. Thanks but no thanks.

There are links to free versions above.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

PARlance wrote: »
    I don't know about that. I've been with some UNTC's in my time and it never worked out.

Whats a UNTC?

Whatever about the test, I can quote a book which says outright opposites attracting isn't necessarily the case for relationships... that the more two people have in common, the better their long-term chances of staying together. Where Small differences can be stimulating, other areas are so irreconcilable that they are bound to lead to big problems later.

So as an INTJ, maybe ESFP, ESTP might be a stretch too far?

INTJ, tested in work.

Interestingly INTJ's are the rarest of the types, numbering only 2 - 3% of the population. And all members of Boards.ie, it would seem.

• Advertisement

Whats a UNTC?

Whoosh.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

I've done it a few times and have varied from I to E and from J to P but N and T have been strong each time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭Bobthefireman

I've had several tests done at work (because I'm clearly a lunatic), and I always come out as an extroverted, sunny, ideas type person. Very strong on dominance/management. Strong on social skills. Weak on attention to detail. You could say that I talk the talk but don't walk the walk lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

Just got ENFP I sometimes get INTP. I am close to 50:50 for extraversion/intraversion. Same for thinking/feeling

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

INTP, the description of which always seems accurate enough.

These things aren't a binding contract but can be interesting and even useful as one way (of many) to look at yourself. Don't see much problem with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Esel wrote: »
    Whoosh.

Most personality tests don't tell you you're a UNTC. Maybe they should though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Charismatic
    Unflappable
    Narcissistic
    Talented

Not sure and if there's an acronym.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭septictank

ESTJ, George W Bush is given as an example.

Grabs rope and heads to the barn.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,113 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Most personality tests don't tell you you're a UNTC. Maybe they should though?

I'm a INTP and that's a borderline one imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,263 ✭✭✭✭looksee

INTJ, though a lot of the time I was not convinced by my own answers...this bit was true though
    Alternatively (s)he may unleash an icy gaze that serves notice: the ENTJ is not one to be trifled with.
    I am really good at the gimlet gaze. Otherwise I have no idea what it was all about.

looksee wrote: »
    INTJ, though a lot of the time I was not convinced by my own answers...this bit was true though I am really good at the gimlet gaze. Otherwise I have no idea what it was all about.

Small boring tool...

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

ISTP

ISTPs are loyal to their causes and beliefs, and are firm believers that people should be treated with equity and fairness. Although they do not respect the rules of the "System", they follow their own rules and guidelines for behavior faithfully. They will not take part in something which violates their personal laws. ISTPs are extremely loyal and faithful to their "brothers".

Also, prone to rash outbursts of emotional anger when stressed out.

Bits of it completely off though,
    Good in crisis situations. I'm not at all. I actually run away from things that scare me. If someone's badly hurt and there's blood, I'll run. I'll get someone else to help but I couldn't

Has anyone ever done the one where you're either Red, Blue, Green or Yellow? I found it to be the most insightful and accurate. It doesn't simply give you a description of that colour's characteristics, it gives very individual results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Has anyone ever done the one where you're either Red, Blue, Green or Yellow? I found it to be the most insightful and accurate. It doesn't simply give you a description of that colour's characteristics, it gives very individual results.

INTJ on Myers Briggs. Apparently I am a very extreme version of it, to the point of being unusual.

I've done the colour wheel one as well and was freaked out by the book you get. It was very accurate. I was a blue, with some green as my secondary colour, but I had absolutely no yellow which is also unusual apparently.

I liked that profiling better than the Myers Briggs as it was helpful, the pages on interacting with others were actually quite useful as at the time I had a manager who I imagine was very red and we were having issues!

TG1 wrote: »
    INTJ on Myers Briggs. Apparently I am a very extreme version of it, to the point of being unusual.

I've done the colour wheel one as well and was freaked out by the book you get. It was very accurate. I was a blue, with some green as my secondary colour, but I had absolutely no yellow which is also unusual apparently.

I liked that profiling better than the Myers Briggs as it was helpful, the pages on interacting with others were actually quite useful as at the time I had a manager who I imagine was very red and we were having issues!

I'm strongly yellow but try desperately hard to try to be blue (except I only managed 8% blue, despite my 50% effort!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

I'm strongly yellow but try desperately hard to try to be blue (except I only managed 8% blue, despite my 50% effort!).

I only made a 2% effort to be yellow... Apparently I'm happy being a robot! :o

TG1 wrote: »
    I only made a 2% effort to be yellow... Apparently I'm happy being a robot! :o

Out of a team of 30 there were 4 yellow, 4 red, 4 green and the rest blue (all the engineers ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

ISFJ

ISFJ personalities (especially Turbulent ones) are often meticulous to the point of perfectionism, and though they procrastinate, they can always be relied on to get the job done on time. ISFJs take their responsibilities personally, consistently going above and beyond, doing everything they can to exceed expectations and delight others, at work and at home.

Sure would probably be different if ya were in bad form filling out that questions??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Myers Briggs is commonly misused, it's about confirming things you already know about yourself. If the percentages for any particular part don't strongly lean one way or another, that implies that you don't really view yourself as either/or. Plus you need to answer a LOT of questions to offset gaming the test by choosing answers you deem preferable.

Haven't done one in ages, I think I was an INXS or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I have an STI.

I have an STI.

You never said!!!!!!!!!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

You never said!!!!!!!!!

:pac:

Sorry I must have done the wrong test.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

ISTJ

ISTJs make up about 9% of the population

I am in the minority, nothing new there

Apparently INFJ's make up less than 1% of the population. Now what population that is I couldn't tell you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

EGIT

Advertisement