Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match thread - Ulster v Leinster, RavenSpan, 15:00, Sky Sports 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Podge_irl wrote: »
    What did McGrath do wrong? I thought his passing was fairly snappy and he kept things flowing. The problems were most definitely elsewhere.

He was really good today. Clearly first choice now I'd say, I'd be surprised if he doesn't go to South Africa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

I'm sorry Miss Jackson! I am for real!

What a tackle from Paddy Jackson. My MOTM
    Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭crisco10

Both luke and sexton tackled without the ball there. Lol.

But leinster have more than the ref to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Podge_irl wrote: »
    What did McGrath do wrong? I thought his passing was fairly snappy and he kept things flowing. The problems were most definitely elsewhere.

Gave away a cheap penalty early on. Dithers constantly getting the ball out. Frequently caught with the ball at base of scrum/ruck. Brainless kicking.

This is embarrassing now. Ulster hammering Leinster without being particulalry good.
    The Ulster crowd would give you a pain with the incessant booing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭A-Train

Jesus Christ Leinster are shocking in attack, so so bad! That's just caps offa terrible day, whatever about Clancy being a joke, Leinster are worse!

There is a severe lack of leadership in that team, they look clueless and rudderless! Also I stand by what I have been saying all season, they are a worse team when the internationals play.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Don't think Ulster have been better across the park for the whole game.

Leinster were better up front for the first 50. Real problem came when they blew two beautiful try scoring opportunities either side of half time. It absolutely highlights the lack of anything resembling an attacking plan.

Fumble

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Delighted for Jackson.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

The wee Scottish man nearly squeaking in for a bonus point in the corner...

Anyway some really strong performances from Ulster today. Particularly from their midfield led by Jackson. Clancy probably their most important performance though, which is bloody frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Now that was poor by Leinster, though Clancy certainly didn't help. Ulster deserved that win, but would not have deserved a BP.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Reddan and Triggs need binning. Pure muck.

McGrath looked world class at SH by comparison.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

that was quite a smackdown from Ulster

Clegg wrote: »
    Reddan and Triggs need binning. Pure muck.

McGrath looked world class at SH by comparison.

Pontless comparing McGrath to Reddan. Reddan is what 35? he's more or less finished. Luke McGrath is supposed to be the future? Give me a break! Leinster need a better scrum half than him I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Fair play to ulster that's a caning.

Leinster attack would struggle to slice thru butter, a few teo bursts excepted.

From an Irish perspective it's hard to get excited about these games. SA will roll round, Madigan will tog out in the 22 shirt, Payne at 13, the Kearney lads in the back 3, and you'll wonder if Schmidt takes any notice of what happens on the field.

Leinster will need to take a hard look at the makeup of their back line for the finals.

Ulster got by despite a bit of a struggle at scrum time but their halves dominated their opponents which was ultimately the difference, with the Fitzgerald card thrown in for good measure.

Harp will taste sweet in Belfast tonight.

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The Ulster crowd would give you a pain with the incessant booing.

Compared to Munster last night they were like altar boys. No harm, just a bit of craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

Anyone know why jvdf went off?

Most likely no home semi now for Leinster? Assuming Connacht beat Glasgow at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Congrats Ulster. With exception of scrum, Ulster were far the better team. Their back line next year could be really really exciting. Always felt Kiss could give them that little extra, he is top top coach. Leinster Ulster in semis could be a great game if it comes to pass. There were a couple of calls that went against Leinster, but we have got a few in this fixture too over the years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Most likely no home semi now for Leinster? Assuming Connacht beat Glasgow at home.

A bp win against Treviso will guarantee a home semi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

From an Irish perspective, today could be the day that Jackson finally emerges from shadow of Madigan in Joe's eyes. If he stays injury free, Jackson is destined to be a star. Mind you, many people have been saying this for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

As long as Leinster beat Treviso they have a home semi.
    hogandrew wrote: »
    Anyone know why jvdf went off?

Most likely to protect that knee that he landed on awkwardly from the high tackle.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

If we get a tbp win next week that should see us get a home semi no matter what happens in Galway.

We're a point behind Conn and 3 behind Glasgow but we've won 15 games compared to 14 wins for both of them.

eg for Conn win and glasgow get a tbp and a lbp and we get a tbp win we'll finish second.

if glasgow win and Conn get a tbp and a lbp and we just win we'll finish second.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Because they give out about every ref. All of them.
    Whens the booing kicking in? Havent heard much so far
    The Ulster Folk consist of a wide variety of many fractious tribes and village-dwellers, some reasonably refined, others savage and hostile. Different factions have very different cultures and practices, and may speak different languages. They spend much of their time fighting one another over petty squabbles, aside from the times when they are unified by a Queen-Beyond-the-Wall; as they were under Stephen Ferris.
    Only thing worse than Clancy's performance has been Leinster's.
    Hagz wrote: »
    Clancy has been second guessing himself all game. You get a real sense of nervousness from him. Real amateur showing from him today.
    A-Train wrote: »
    Does Clancy only have yellow cards for Leinster players? Another joke decision!

All the penaltys that Ulster have given away and nothing and that is only for the ones that Clancy bothered to ping Ulster for! Jokeshop
    All down to Leinster stupidity on Ulster's line.

Should be leading and are now 7 points and a man down.
    You can't play against an Ulster team up for it, getting everything and an inept ref!
    AdamD wrote: »
    Sick of the most memorable parts of the game bring referee driven.
    Tyrone Howe is a joke.

World class fly half my hole.
    How many penalties before a yellow card.
    AdamD wrote: »
    Some joke if we end up with two yellows after Ulster giving away so many penalties.
    That shout of "Use it scrum half" pretty much sums up Clancy's first half
    Can we get the AR on the pitch instead please?

Clancy overruled a legitimate offside penalty.
    Swan Curry wrote: »
    Wonder if Herring could be cited for that, hopefully he can
    Clear high hit again by Ulster and nothing!
    LEIN wrote: »
    There's another non yellow
    The wee Scottish man nearly squeaking in for a bonus point in the corner...

Anyway some really strong performances from Ulster today. Particularly from their midfield led by Jackson. Clancy probably their most important performance though, which is bloody frustrating.
    vienne86 wrote: »
    Now that was poor by Leinster, though Clancy certainly didn't help. Ulster deserved that win, but would not have deserved a BP.

Would you guys like some cheese with the whine?

Perhaps the Ulster team read this article by perrenial show pony 8 Victor Costello.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/leinster-rugby/cullens-men-should-be-able-to-make-ulster-faithful-sit-back-in-awe-of-them-34668491.html
    "
    Cullen's men should be able to make Ulster faithful sit back in awe of them"

Victor Costello, the man who put the 'aw' in awful.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Boards needs to get away from this mindset that a negative comment about the ref is an insinuation that he's favouring one side.

Clancy had a poor game with a lot of second guessing.

I stand by that comment. Do I have to put a disclaimer at the bottom of each post saying

*THIS DOES NOT MEAN IT'S FAVOURING ONE SIDE.

Don't be so insecure. You're side won and deserved to win.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    If we get a tbp win next week that should see us get a home semi no matter what happens in Galway.

We're a point behind Conn and 3 behind Glasgow but we've won 15 games compared to 14 wins for both of them.

eg for Conn win and glasgow get a tbp and a lbp and we get a tbp win we'll finish second.

if glasgow win and Conn get a tbp and a lbp and we just win we'll finish second.

Thanks, I hadn't worked that out.Should be and interesting semi whomever it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

jacothelad wrote: »
    Would you guys like some cheese with the whine?

Perhaps the Ulster team read this article by perrenial show pony 8 Victor Costello.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/leinster-rugby/cullens-men-should-be-able-to-make-ulster-faithful-sit-back-in-awe-of-them-34668491.html
    "
    Cullen's men should be able to make Ulster faithful sit back in awe of them"

Victor Costello, the man who put the 'aw' in awful.:D

Nice magnanimity in victory there. Classy guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Boards needs to get away from this mindset that a negative comment about the ref is an insinuation that he's favouring one side.

Clancy had a poor game with a lot of second guessing.

I stand by that comment. Do I have to put a disclaimer at the bottom of each post saying

*THIS DOES NOT MEAN IT'S FAVOURING ONE SIDE.

"Because they give out about every ref. All of them."
    Don't be so insecure. You're side won and deserved to win.

One thing I can absolutely assure of is that I am in no way insecure. You're not big on irony are you? And a whole dose of others seem to completely lose all sense of self-awareness when things don't go their way. Maybe it's simply that I was wrong in assuming that it was mostly adults who posted on here. Most of that stuff sounds like the whine of children who have had their ball confiscated by a grown up.

• Advertisement

jacothelad wrote: »
    One thing I can absolutely assure of is that I am in no way insecure..

ah, you are a bit I think.

Advertisement