Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superhero Tournament Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I actually didn't expect Turtles to win that one, so I'm pleasantly surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That would have been a worthy final. Didn't know what way it was going to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Wow. I landed too late. Would have definitely voted for Batman.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

I forgot about this, would have been so sad to know that I had failed the turtles! Delighted they got through!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Can't see Batman losing.
    Wtf do I know right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Just back from the cinema and in a way I'm pleased that I didn't have to vote in the second semi final. Arrow or Flash is like asking me which testicle I prefer

This final has me stumped... I was fairly certain my vote would easily be Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (childhood nostalgia and all that), but the fact that Arrow (a show I love and arguably the Dark Horse of this tournament) has made it this far and because of the rebirth the show has given to Live Action Superhero TV Shows, I'm really torn.

Think I might have to sleep on this one. There's good arguments for both shows to take the crown - don't remember the other tournaments being this difficult.

skipper_G wrote: »
    Just back from the cinema and in a way I'm pleased that I didn't have to vote in the second semi final. Arrow or Flash is like asking me which testicle I prefer

:eek: You don't have a favourite testicle?

Funnily enough I've nicknamed my testicles Arrow and The Flash, and definitely have a preference for the left one (Arrow)... ;)

For the record, I'm not being serious... :D

An intriguing start to this final. Looking forward to seeing how the rest of it pans out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Mental that arrow has gotten so far never rated it anytime I've watched it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,312 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Arrow beat The Flash?! :eek:

I enjoy Arrow (well, haven't seen the new series yet) but The Flash is just on another level imo. Far more humour and general lightness, while still delivering emotional punches and great depth.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Would have to lean towards The Flash myself too - quite surprised by the preference towards Arrow; haven't watched much of Arrow compared with its spin-off, but I've found The Flash a much more enjoyable blend. Arrow always felt like it was trying too hard, or something

Less than a hour left and it's on a knife-edge at the moment.

Less than a hour left and it's on a knife-edge at the moment.

Is this the closest any of the tournaments have been? I didn't call it being this close at all.

Is this the closest any of the tournaments have been? I didn't call it being this close at all.

Yeah I believe so. We've had close battles before but usually by the final hour one has pulled away whereas this one is still in the balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,369 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think we should have a re-run of the Hero tournament.

https://twitter.com/WillSliney/status/745924105795477504?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Probably won't be able to be as involved in this Superhero Actor tournament as I have been in previous ones, because I'll be bogged down with work over the next few weeks and possibly not be as accessible to the internet, since I'll be up and down from Dublin and Galway a lot and don't always have the greatest of internet connections/have to work late nights occasionally, but will try my best to contribute when I can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Realistically, I think if anyone other than RDJ wins, it'll be an injustice!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,369 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think Wesley Snipes & Ron Perlman could do well if they are in it of course they are my wildcards ;)

Childhood me is hoping Christopher Reeve has a good run. He'll always be Superman to me. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Looking forward to this one but am travelling a bit next week myself. This could be the toughest one yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,312 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Realistically, I think if anyone other than RDJ wins, it'll be an injustice!

Before CA: Civil War I would have thought it'd be a close call with a few others. But RDJ gave his best performance to date with Civil War that yeah, I think he'll probably take top spot. Still though, bigger shocks have happened in these tournaments so far.

Penn wrote: »
    Before CA: Civil War I would have thought it'd be a close call with a few others. But RDJ gave his best performance to date with Civil War that yeah, I think he'll probably take top spot. Still though, bigger shocks have happened in these tournaments so far.

Agreed the whole way through that movie, he was fcuking unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭sonic85

Just looked through the Superhero actor thread and can't believe Jessica Alba knocked out Brandon Lee. He was flipping brilliant in The Crow

Ugh. Christopher Reeve is my childhood favourite and while I didn't expect him to win this, for him to go out in the round of 16 to Patrick Stewart is just such a dreadful call imo. That one stings.

Ugh. Christopher Reeve is my childhood favourite and while I didn't expect him to win this, for him to go out in the round of 16 to Patrick Stewart is just such a dreadful call imo. That one stings.

Stewart was a great Prof. X.... But Reeve definitely shouldn't have gone out to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

I used to organise tournaments like these under an old moniker so I understand your pain.

That's why at the very least I'd give a reason for my vote so people can see where I'm coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Has rudd just knocked out bale? That's a shocking call tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Is the vote still open? I'll vote Bale if it is.

• Advertisement

Think Bale won. I don't see what's shocking about Rudd getting a few votes though tbh. He's a fantastic actor, easily on par with Bale, though arguably better. Bale was a great Batman but Rudd was a great Ant-Man.

Advertisement