Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Grayson wrote: »
    Reading the above post, seeing the user name and then going through "is it a guy who likes make-up? Is it a girl with a guy's name?

It's a girl who likes guys who shot the Black n' Tans ta fúck!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Everyone at work hanging around reception waiting for the 10.30am fire drill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Riazor

Insurance companies are an absolute shower of **** at the best of times, but when they send you your proof NCB, and it reads; No. of years claims free on this policy - 1.

Great thanks, how the fcuk does that help me let my new insurers know I've actually got 9?

:mad:

Grayson wrote: »
    Trivial thing that annoys me #479

Reading the above post, seeing the user name and then going through "is it a guy who likes make-up? Is it a girl with a guy's name?

It's a Fine Gael TD who likes grabbing female TDs and putting them on his lap.

My ta: McAfee anti-virus ==》feck off with the hard sell. Just deleted the free trial version from a new computer rather than wait for them to pound me with harrassing "Buy!" rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

When you're downloading something and you are waiting ages and when it gets to 99% it stop because of an "unexpected error"

• Advertisement

Shannon757 wrote: »
    When you're downloading something and you are waiting ages and when it gets to 99% it stop because of an "unexpected error"

Yeah......"something"........ ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

kfallon wrote:
    Yeah......"something"........

Was it "something" hurt your back?😛

Colser wrote: »
    Was it "something" hurt your back?😛

No....."something" made my willy red and sore :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

C'mon lads don't lower the tone.

No heating working here and my sinuses are wrecked. Too cold to have a shower :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Following a half decent thread only to come back to it a few hours later to find an array of tldr posts... what is wrong with short succinct posts!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,970 ✭✭✭✭bnt

There's a poster at my Luas stop that has a cartoon picture of a pregnant woman and words that go something like this:
    "This is Emily
    Emily is pregnant.
    Nice people give up their seats for pregnant women."

My TA is not the poster itself, or the level of the language. I presume the Luas folks know that this is exactly what is needed, and that is the problem. There are Luas users who not only need to be told that, they need to be told that in language readable by a 5-year-old.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Hate being the first one to arrive for work in the mornings. I don't have a key to open up so I have to wait outside in the cold, freezing my nuts off, waiting for one of my co-workers to show up.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    "This is Emily. Emily is pregnant. Nice humans know that Emily needs a seat. Give Emily your seat"

"This is OldNotWIse. OldNotWIse is not an idiot nor is she a child. OldNotWIse has her own moral compass and does not need your condescending claptrap to help her distinguish right from wrong. PS Emily brought it on herself and can fúck right off*"

* that last bit is not actually ONW's opinion and she would of course give Emily a seat (secretly praying that Emily is not just overweight and might punch ONW's lights out)
    bnt wrote: »
    There's a poster at my Luas stop that has a cartoon picture of a pregnant woman and words that go something like this:
    "This is Emily
    Emily is pregnant.

My TA is not the poster itself, or the level of the language. I presume the Luas folks know that this is exactly what is needed, and that is the problem. There are Luas users who not only need to be told that, they need to be told that in language readable by a 5-year-old.

I'm pretty sure they're trying to copy these but not being very successful.

My major, MAJOR TA: Siblings who treat you like a member of their staff, and relatives in general who overstay their welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Revolving doors.

Take longer to get inside than regular doors and there's the fear of being caught in them & being squished to death!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Places re-vamping and re-grouping and centralizing and all that shyte to look hip and cool. It never works! Aargghhhhhh!!! There's so many parties involved now between Bob and Jack and Billy and Jim. IT DOESN'T WORK! It's never gonna work! No-one knows what's going on and no-one knows their ar$e from their elbow, and I still ALWAYS end up putting in 4 different Phone-Calls to try and establish who I need to get talking to! And like, "somebody" answered my call this morning so my credit-use had kicked in, but I was still shunted around the feicing Building, and in a matter of a mere twenty minutes, between being put on hold for ages on end, and a couple of more calls trying to repeatedly call back to bloody get somewhere, - I ended up with €8.96 Credit after starting out with €19 credit!!! NINETEEN EURO DOWN TO EIGHT FOR FEIC SAKE. :(:(

IF IT'S NOT BROKE DON'T FIX IT!! IT WAS FINE THE WAY IT WAS!! DON'T GO INTRODUCING NEW SHYTE THINGS TO TRY STAND OUT. IT'S ALL BULLOLOGY. LEAVE IT ALONE FOR GOD'S SAKE! DON'T MESS WITH IT. :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

bnt wrote: »
    "This is Emily
    Emily is pregnant.

TA at the daylight robbery of another's TA :P

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭zeroliner

Personal space. Was a good little Lidl shopper today and moved to the shelves at the window to bag my messages. No one else along the shelving, plenty of room, and of course, someone had to come right up beside me (elbows touching) to pack his bags.

I hate this. Why are some people so intent in getting up close and personal and in my grill? :mad:

ALSO, empty cinema. Persona non grata had to come and sit in the seat directly behind me. DIRECTLY. EMPTY CINEMA. Just us two.

I'm not a fan of people :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The English woman that regularly visits Ireland and calls her elderly mother to tell her she's arrived ok, only she's not calling her elderly mother, she's calling my home phone (she's just dialling the number like she would in the U.K. which just happens to be my home number in Ireland) and she's always leaving voice messages asking mummy why she's not answering the phone... this has been going on for months, and some of the information she was leaving on the answering machine was quite detailed. I know her mother has a bad knee, but Dr. Singh is giving her better pain killers now, her husband Tom drives a Mondeo, but sometimes they take her VW Beetle to Ireland, they have a holiday home in West Cork, she hates Guinness but Tom loves it, her 2 sons Rob & Ben both go to college in Lincoln & they have a cat named Nibbles.

The ironic thing is, no one actually calls us on the land line, it came free with the broadband, and occasionally herself needs a fax line.
    We only ever get wrong number calls on it!!

Eventually one day I caught her and tried to explain (with great difficulty) that Ireland was another country, and while in another country, she would need to use the +44 prefix while dropping the 1st 0 in the U.K. number in order to reach 'mummy'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

The English woman that regularly visits Ireland and calls her elderly mother to tell her she's arrived ok, only she's not calling her elderly mother, she's calling my home phone (she's just dialling the number like she would in the U.K. which just happens to be my home number in Ireland) and she's always leaving voice messages asking mummy why she's not answering the phone... this has been going on for months, and some of the information she was leaving on the answering machine was quite detailed. I know her mother has a bad knee, but Dr. Singh is giving her better pain killers now, her husband Tom drives a Mondeo, but sometimes they take her VW Beetle to Ireland, they have a holiday home in West Cork, she hates Guinness but Tom loves it, her 2 sons Rob & Ben both go to college in Lincoln & they have a cat named Nibbles.

The ironic thing is, no one actually calls us on the land line, it came free with the broadband, and occasionally herself needs a fax line.
    We only ever get wrong number calls on it!!

Eventually one day I caught her and tried to explain (with great difficulty) that Ireland was another country, and while in another country, she would need to use the +44 prefix while dropping the 1st 0 in the U.K. number in order to reach 'mummy'.

Hilarious :D

TA this week is dragging...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,321 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TA'd at people using imported phrases like "up in my grill"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

TA'd at people using imported phrases like "up in my grill"

"Up in my grill"??????

"Up in my grill"??????

jaysus dont ask me what it means. another poster used it.

jaysus dont ask me what it means. another poster used it.

TA'd at posters who don't know the meaning of the things they post :D

TA'd at posters who don't know the meaning of the things they post :D

do i have to do everything?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=all%20up%20in%20my%20grill

WEB PAGE BLOCKED

That's another TA!!!!

Courtesy of Yahoo Answers:

It means someone is all up in your face. Your grille is your mouth. The word took off as a synonym for one's teeth since the grille of a car used to have straight up and down metallic grid bars sort of like a person's teeth.

Not really worth all the time spent discussing this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Anyone listening to Today FM this morning about 5.30am the D.J Muireann something reading out the newspaper headlines and is saying how appaling and sad the deaths in Mayo were, but you can hear the intro of the next song she's going to play...
    No way...says I to my self....
    Peter Gabriels SLEDGEHAMMER, then says everyone grab your hammer... OOPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I was booking an appointment in the hairdresser's and they said, oh we can do your highlights but we will be leaving the dark roots. Wtf is the point of paying over a 100 euros to come out with dark roots and then for the roots to be getting even worse as time goes on. Never heard the bate of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Inadvertently pressing send on several texts today before I had finished typing.
    Also I'm constantly typing "if" instead of "of" and vise versa. I'm sure I'm touching the i/o, but touch the other by mistake even when I make a real effort. It makes me feel like I must have extra fat thumbs:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭zeroliner

"Up in my grill"??????

IN.MY.FACE.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement