Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Allinall wrote: »
    Not understanding what

TA. or. TA'd

means in this thread. -:(

Trivially Annoyed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Allinall

Winterlong wrote: »
    Clue is in the thread title! Trivially annoyed/annoying.

TA'd that I didn't spot that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

73Cat wrote: »
    Yet again forgetting a bag for the supermarket, and then stubbornly carrying the shopping in my arms up out of it and across the road to the car.

That's not stubborn - it's righteous!
    I'll find an empty cardboard box on my way around the shop rather than resort to unnecessary plastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

73Cat wrote: »
    Yet again forgetting a bag for the supermarket, and then stubbornly carrying the shopping in my arms up out of it and across the road to the car.
    That's not stubborn - it's righteous!
    I'll find an empty cardboard box on my way around the shop rather than resort to unnecessary plastic.

TA'd that I have several hundred thousand plastic carrier bags in the cubby hole under my stairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

I really don,t like the way some people use commas instead of apostrophes. It seems to be growing in popularity on all forms of social media. WTF? Apart from being grammatically incorrect, it looks so gimpy.

I,m seriously TA,d by it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

TA'd that my GP can be rude sometimes and it makes me dread my appointments.
    Seriously considering switching.
    Whatever happened to bedside manner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Spent about 10 minutes filling in an online survey that is a prerequsite to enter a competition for a STG£5000 watch voucher.
    Then find out at the very last page that it is UK residents only.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Cleaning lady closing the toilets in work just as I finally make my way to the bathroom, having put it off too long so that I am now bursting, have to go all the way to the other side of the building
    Although I had a minor victory today, see TH thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Drinking a pint glass of iced water. Glass almost horizontal, so that the water just covers my upper lip. Ice cubes, that were previously tightly packed together, collapse into the water causing a mini tsunami that causes the water to go out of the glass, down my face and soak my shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

bad phone reception. can you hear me now. self driving cars and sending **** to mars but I still have to ask people to repeat themselves on the phone because the signal goes if you're anywhere but the centre of a city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Plugging my phone into charge but forgetting to switch the socket on.
    Just missing the green man at the crossing, and a car stays there to let me and the little one cross on the red man. I know they had the right intentions, and there was nothing coming in the opposite direction, but it would totally defeat the purpose of teaching a child to cross the road correctly to cross then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Businesses that still employ the tradition of remaining closed or closing for a half day every Thursday.
    My local co-op still does this and its a pain in the h0le. Towards the end of the boom they decided to open the central branch on a Thursday as they had big demand for building materials. The 4 branch outlets stayed shut. Needing something today involves a 6-8 mile drive to either of 2 towns or the central branch. as opposed to a mile any other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Not that one

TA at ATM's that do not say on front screen that they are dispensing 50's or 20's only.
    Makes me say bad words.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The new 'Clutter' folder in Outlook 2016

"Clutter will identify emails that you typically ignore, and automatically move them to the clutter folder"

Except every day I've received a particular email from a particular sender, and every day it ends up in the clutter folder, and every day I remove it and place it back in my inbox.

F**k you Microsoft, F**k you and your constant need to try and 'improve'

The new 'Clutter' folder in Outlook 2016

"Clutter will identify emails that you typically ignore, and automatically move them to the clutter folder"

Except every day I've received a particular email from a particular sender, and every day it ends up in the clutter folder, and every day I remove it and place it back in my inbox.

F**k you Microsoft, F**k you and your constant need to try and 'improve'

And then they put an email in your inbox to tell you they have put mail in your clutter-box.
    What is the point in cluttering up my inbox to tell me that you have moved mail to my clutter-box?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Going back to trivial things that annoy me roots.... a truly trivial thing

You know when you see the same few cars every day doing the same route as you and you build up a bit of mutual respect?

Today I was following behind a woman in a small silver car with a gold sticker in the back mirror. Ah yes, gold sticker woman, how are you today. Whom I have seen hundreds of times. She was going 50 on this 80km/h road but I was in no rush. I know there's a temporary traffic light ahead on a hump back bridge, and I'll filter past her there (motorbike)

She gets to the lights she stops at them, I was a bit behind because there was a car coming in the other direction, and also two women pushing a buggy, I didn't want to be beside them as the car passed.

I slowly move along so I don't have to put my foot down, move alongside Goldie - still going slow as it counts down 5 . 4. 3 . 2 . 1, I pull away from the lights, positive acceleration but not excessive, giving her a thank you nod even though she did nothing to help. That's the kind of respect I assume we had for one another.

But then she rips my heart out.

BEEEEEEEP ---- BEP BEP BEP BEP BEP BEEEEP BEEEP BEEP BEP BEP BEP FLASH FLASH FLASH BEEP BEEP BEP BEP BEP, I was transported to mumbai with the sound of incessant beeping.

This is rude Goldie. Somehow, she managed to not notice a motorbike behind her (with dipped beams on) for 2 minutes, didn't notice it slowly move up alongside her at traffic lights, and gave herself a fright when it drove away ahead of her at said lights?

This was the most trivial thing to ever annoy me, being BEEPED when she was the BEEPING one who was driving poorly since she didn't beeping notice me!

I gave her a thumbs up after the first beep, I genuinely thought she was saying 'hello there silver bike that I see most days', until the TYRADE of beps came following along.

In shock I tried to point at my mirrors to suggest, the question, you seriously didn't notice me?

But alas, what is the point, gesticulating just looks angry however you do it. I drove away with enough pace to never again come across this foul wolf in sheep's clothing.

I'm not mad. I'm just disappointed trivially annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Go for a couple of lunchtime pints, nice....."Ok Fallon, better go home, eat, do a couple of chores, couch for an hour or so and then get ready for pub at around 5ish!"

Flaked out on the couch, only fit for bed now ffs :rolleyes:

But I will battle thru the tiredness and I will go to the (ball? bar! Fúck off sleep you annoying cúnt!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

TA at ATM's that do not say on front screen that they are dispensing 50's or 20's only.
    Makes me say bad words.

I work with ATMs, my TA is that people ask me the reason for this all the damn time. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I work with ATMs, my TA is that people ask me the reason for this all the damn time. :)

God Bless the Statoil on the Howth Road many many years ago that used to dispense €5 notes!!

TA'd when the only ATM for miles and miles is out of order a lot of the time!

God Bless the Statoil on the Howth Road many many years ago that used to dispense €5 notes!!

TA'd when the only ATM for miles and miles is out of order a lot of the time!

The one at the Maxol down the road from us used to do fivers as well.

TA that I also know why they aren't filled with them and that I also have useless knowledge of dispense algorithms.

• Advertisement

I can smell Supermacs. All of my willpower is needed. The sweet caress of a curry chip, the salty touch of a chicken nugget. Oh Gods why must you torture me so :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I hoped to leave early, but there's no point being stuck in traffic now.
    May as well stay in the office for another couple of hours then make my merry way home.

(at least I can go on here for a good while! :pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I have a pain in my árse.

Got some new toothpaste. Colgate super keep your teeth white stuff.
    But the toothpaste is blue. And seems to be hard to clean off your skin, well, harder than the usual cursory post teeth wash splash on the skin.

So I have had a blue outline around my mouth today. I look like Halloween came early.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Should of
    Could of
    Would fcuking OF!

It's have you absolute clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Choking on a drink and the subsequent coughing fit that follows

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Robsweezie wrote:
    Choking on a drink and the subsequent coughing fit that follows

And the inevitable smart-ass comment from someone :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Getting a cold on your day off 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Remote controls that use AAA batteries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I like that Heineken ad on the telly with Benicio del Toro. What annoyed me is the caption at the end, (this is not Antonio Banderas).
    Yes, of course it's not Antonio Banderas, but everything has to be spoon fed to people these days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement