Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

when you are typing away on a report and take a look up at the screen to see you have been typing away in BLOODY CAPS :mad:

Select text, then SHIFT+F3. But yes, it's annoying.

My TA for today is having one of those colds that make even your eye sockets feel raw. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

That drives me nuts. As if they don't get their own holidays and we're from the upper echelons of society, who are the only ones who get holidays!
    +1; why stay at home when you can get a return flight for €70, and a 2 bed self catering apartment in the heart of the action for less than €200. I'd rather be out there having fun than sitting inside moaning about the weather. It's IRELAND. Get used to it or just go abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Dodge wrote: »
    My absolutely biggest pet hate is people relating anything that's deemed above the breadline as "remnants of the celtic tiger"...

"Celtic Tiger" my hole. The great Behan was right - if it was raining soup, we'd be out with forks. I was in a four-star hotel for lunch yesterday, and was stunned at what passes for four-star around here. I'd say it was a reasonable three-star and doing well at that. But that wasn't what got my goat, no - it was the design and layout of the thing. It had started out as a wonderful late-18th Century manor overlooking the Siur river, with the imposing front sweeping right down to the river via ornately-crafted stone stairs, immaculately manicured lawn and discreetly wooded areas to either side. What does Johnny Ireland do with it? He bolts various hideous motel-style extensions and bits of decking to it, making it resemble a Travel Lodge that the old house had crash-landed in the middle of. He plonks a dirty-looking tarmac tennis court right in the "eyesore" position to the left of the main door looking out. Also, the river is hedged and fenced off, with access via a two-foot wide gate with great bellowing red signs either side saying "DANGER! RIVER!". What the dancing Christ is that about? What about a couple of hundred feet of pier with plenty of jettys and stairs for boating? So the main entrance was actually around the back, the old servants'/tradesmans' entrance, where everyone, including the local Fionnualas and Aoibhínns with the tight skirts, huge arses and Zombie Apocalypse makeup wobbling along in high-heels, was tripping over cars, wheelbarrows and dustbins immediately on leaving the building.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

New Home wrote: »
    Select text, then SHIFT+F3. But yes, it's annoying.

My TA for today is having one of those colds that make even your eye sockets feel raw. :mad:

I never knew that! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Anyone who says to me " isn't it well for you, you have house, car etc". I spent 20 years in a sh***y factory job to pay for it. Not belittling anyone doing that, but I was glad to escape.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Shannon757 wrote: »
    I had a curry Pot Noddle for lunch on Wednesday and I can still smell the smell of curry in my schoolbag. I might go mad this week.

Every single time I went to get something out of my bag. I don't even know how the smell got there. I didn't have the noodles in my bag!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Winterlong wrote: »
    People who are chatty this early in the morning.

Feck off and annoy someone else would ya.

Where I work, we can start anytime between 8.15 and 9.30. I started at 8.15 this morning and according as people came in, I got the whole 'how was your weekend' ' ah shure mine was grand' routine about 12 times over until the final person arrived in at 9.30 when everybody who was already in had to fill her in on their weekends and ask her about her weekend, so now I know OFF BY HEART how everybody's weekend went.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭littelady

When your at a concert or somewhere packed to capacity and the person in front of u keeps busting into you with a backpack ahhhhh

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

littelady wrote: »
    When your at a concert or somewhere packed to capacity and the person in front of u keeps busting into you with a backpack ahhhhh

When you are at a gig and the person in front of you is making the worst recording of a gig ever that they will never ever ever watch because it's essentially impossible due to the lighting and sound and extreme shakiness on a jumbo sized ipad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

People on public transport with ****ing awful earphones which means that you can hear very clearly whatever ****e there listening to!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Threads you find on boards that starting out looking active and inviting but are really just filled with people talking about themselves and/or complaining about the problem they are having with life, love or the device in there pocket while not taking the time to read or interact with anyone else's reply's, questions or comments in that same thread... :confused: GRRR Makes a 'active' thread a very lonely place. :(

Yes I understand some threads are 'read only' but more are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Doctor's secretaries on a power trip.

Sorry I didn't make an appointment a few days ago because I'm not Nostradamus and didn't realise my child would become ill today.........

Yes I would really like to see the doctor and it is quite urgent hence my phonecall.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Doctor's secretaries on a power trip.

Sorry I didn't make an appointment a few days ago because I'm not Nostradamus and didn't realise my child would become ill today.........

Yes I would really like to see the doctor and it is quite urgent hence my phonecall.........

I'm ten minutes late for an appointment due to traffic: "You missed your appointment, make a new one"

I'm on time and then have to wait an hour.

There's so much work to do, but all I want to do is post on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

greedy politicians , Mary robinson is giving her papers to a mayo council
    and they will be housed in a building which will be open to the public.
    so for this she gets 2million euros tax credit and she is already on a large pension.
    other politicians just give their papers to ucd,trinity etc for free
    as part of the public record .
    in ireland the rich get richer and they get to use tax credits that no one on paye can get .
    its just disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Yet again forgetting a bag for the supermarket, and then stubbornly carrying the shopping in my arms up out of it and across the road to the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

TA'd that I entered a snapchat competition with the daily edge about 40 minutes after it was posted yesterday and they just announced the winner but didn't even open my snap. FIIIIIX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

"This is Emily. Emily is pregnant. Nice humans know that Emily needs a seat. Give Emily your seat"

"This is OldNotWIse. OldNotWIse is not an idiot nor is she a child. OldNotWIse has her own moral compass and does not need your condescending claptrap to help her distinguish right from wrong. PS Emily brought it on herself and can fúck right off*"

* that last bit is not actually ONW's opinion and she would of course give Emily a seat (secretly praying that Emily is not just overweight and might punch ONW's lights out)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gossamer

god's toy wrote: »
    Threads you find on boards that starting out looking active and inviting but are really just filled with people talking about themselves and/or complaining about the problem they are having with life, love or the device in there pocket while not taking the time to read or interact with anyone else's reply's, questions or comments in that same thread... :confused: GRRR Makes a 'active' thread a very lonely place. :(

Yes I understand some threads are 'read only' but more are not.

Yeah, I know the threads you're on about, very much a "but back to me" mentality at play.

TA: emotional vampires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Biased media coverage.

I used to enjoy the New York Times website but i can't read it any more because of their pathological hatred of Trump and/or anything to do with the right wing.

Obamacare is imploding as we speak for the exact reason that people said it was going to fail and the headline on the frontpage of the NYT is some thing about a tape they found that reveals Trump fears public embarrassment :rolleyes:.

Obamacare is down near the bottom of the page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I made my porridge a bit too thick this morning

Trivial but annoying

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Driving with new boots! Feckin' car cut out.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

Irish Rail, the past 3 mornings the DART I normally get at peak time in the morning has been at least 2 carriages short.

People crammed in and they have the heating up full blast, people arguing with each other about moving when there is no space to move. Ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

someone told me they would ring me in the morning... they have not yet. They are ringing me about something where I have to be there for 10:30.. it's now quarter to 10.... why give me such little time

other times they have rang at half 7 in the morning without warning...............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

The feckers unloading building supplies during rush hour this morning on Molesworth street who are double parked. On a street that has wall to wall buses trying to pass through because Dawson St is shut. Grrr.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The dipsh*ts that block the gates on the blackhorse ave 1 way in/out gate to the Phoenix Park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

TA at work getting in the way of my dossing.

Grown women who refer to their conversations as "girlie chats". Wtf do yee be talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Allinall

Not understanding what

TA. or. TA'd

means in this thread. -:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Allinall wrote: »
    Not understanding what

TA. or. TA'd

means in this thread. -:(

Clue is in the thread title! Trivially annoyed/annoying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement