Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baked anything tasty lately?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    #RentDayBlues, thanks for that. I use Dove's gf flour and sometimes Odlums Tritamyl. I'll start with Dove's.

I’ve actually started using lidls gf self raising flour and find it just as good as doves

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

Rentdayblues they look and sound amazing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

woodchuck wrote: »
    :eek: How do people come up with these things!! I'm just going to start picking random liquids and try whipping them to see if they'll make meringues...
    Any proteinaceous liquid that foams up could be used for an attempt, and blood gets very foamy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Himself was giving out that I never make him a cake even tho I bake a lot for work and family (even though he doesn’t like cake....). So I made one JUST for him :)

It’s on a side plate... Pepper grinder for scale :D

474286.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

OMG Michellenman!!! That looks soooo good! What’s inside?

• Advertisement

leahyl wrote: »
    OMG Michellenman!!! That looks soooo good! What’s inside?

Thanks!! It’s a plain vanilla sponge and then white chocolate butter cream and milk chocolate ganache drip :) I got a little 3.5inch tin and just cut it in half horizontally.

I used this recipe but made a two layer 8 inch and then this little guy. The buttercream recipe makes waaaaaaaay too much. I have nearly the same amount left over after filling and icing this little one and filling and icing the 2 layer 8Inch. May mean more baking coming soon....

https://preppykitchen.com/winter-wonderland-cake/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Peanutbutter doughnuts covered in milk choc and peanut butter.
    Also made cinnamon doughnuts to coat in cinnamon sugar but they didn't work out so great. Oh well will have to bake again to try them again :P

474659.jpg

Also made cinnamon doughnuts to coat in cinnamon sugar but they didn't work out so great. Oh well will have to bake again to try them again :P

474659.jpg

Amazing.

Although my arteries may regret it, could you share the recipe please?

Holy Moses!! Amazing!!

So perfectly round! How did you manage that?! I bet they taste unreal *droooooool*

Holy Moses!! Amazing!!

So perfectly round! How did you manage that?! I bet they taste unreal *droooooool*

I should add they are baked doughnuts. So used the Wilton doughnut pan, just bought two of them which arrived yesterday so I couldn't resist using it. Previously I'd only seen dougnut pans that created mini dougnuts so when I saw this recipe and asked her where she got the pan for proper big doughnuts I was hooked :D
    I got it from Amazon. it is linked at the bottom of her recipe.
    Dónal wrote: »
    Amazing.

Although my arteries may regret it, could you share the recipe please?

I used the baking explorer recipe.
    http://thebakingexplorer.com/chocolate-peanut-butter-baked-donuts/

I would not generally be a fan of peanut butter but these work really well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

UxkHpea.jpg

Cob loaf recipe just split into smaller rolls.

I'm very new to baking and these are my six attempt at rolls and by far the best. I'm not promoting my own blog with the scraper, Bake With Jack has loads of great bread making tips that I've found really good for new bakers.

Delighted with these.

Roasted hazelnut & chocolate cupcakes and a Nutella buttercream that I could happily live on for the rest of my days.

474869.jpeg

Michellenman you are talented!!! You are all talented on here!! Those cupcakes look amazing! I really have to stop coming in to this thread cos it’s just giving me the baking bug!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭dee75

Roasted hazelnut & chocolate cupcakes and a Nutella buttercream that I could happily live on for the rest of my days.

474869.jpeg

Would you share the recipe, pretty please? They look divine!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,696 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The taste test is the thing. Sometimes the most amazing looking food can taste not so good.

The taste test is the thing. Sometimes the most amazing looking food can taste not so good.

These taste great. And I’ve an office full of people who can attest to that:)

https://youtu.be/_dWVY4dhfkk It’s a cupcake Jemma recipe!

More millionaire shortbread, but this time I smashed some daim (dime) bars leftover from IKEA, and mixed it with the milk chocolate for the topping. Ended up with tasting like a toffeepop!

20190309-135100-800x450.jpg

That's some layer of caramel in them Dónal!

That's some layer of caramel in them D!

Go big or go home (especially given all the butter in this :pac:)

Wow...thread was on page 2. What has everyone been up to with real life? :eek: Cinnamon sugar doughnuts...been recipe testing these for the last few weeks and *think* I'm finally happy with these.
    Ran out of cinnamon sugar and didn't have enough cinnamon left to make my normal mixture of caster sugar and cinnamon so had to make do :pac:

5538600190ce2d526ed57432761fd2eae051c7e1bcf17bc04bc310560960bdca96ed1dc1.jpg

7617757858fc558e6e323b8599ef477d7ed500ed94f6ba1550f0d63fe97c98265019d3af.jpg

• Advertisement

And chocolate orange doughnuts...I'm on a doughnut kick.
    Chocolate orange flavoured doughnut, mixture of dark choc and Terry's choc orange for the top, then melted white chocolate dyed orange for the drizzle and Lidl knockoff segments as I couldn't get Terry's ones which would have at least had a bit of shine!

061756813a1352d0f7c00268dfd740db959f7e17c45bcf5377c7f4929680bfa2afd263b5.jpg
    929639836b4926232ad48ef38bc828ce85cf53f72adeb78fab926180d0236f8fd597b72f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Low sugar peach and ricotta muffins to freeze for preschoolers lunchbox... taste pretty bland to me but she’s happy with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

I decided to have a go at some Madeira Cake and I am happy with the way it turned out.

At the weekend I threw together some chocolate biscuit cake to bring out for some visitors on the Monday. The cupcake was done by my wife's friend!

20190318-121533-800x450.jpg

Mmmmm looks so good Donal!

Danny_B wrote: »
    I decided to have a go at some Madeira Cake and I am happy with the way it turned out.

Nothing like a buttery madeira!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

leahyl wrote: »
    Nothing like a buttery madeira!!

Agreed, especially when it's nice and moist with a lovely cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I haven't baked in a long time but we are having a bake sale for daffodil day at work tomorrow so I made some cakes.
    They have lemon curd in the middle and have lemony royal icing drizzled over them.
    The roll out icing daffys were a pain but I'm proud of them!:)

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    I haven't baked in a long time but we are having a bake sale for daffodil day at work tomorrow so I made some cakes.
    They have lemon curd in the middle and have lemony royal icing drizzled over them.
    The roll out icing daffys were a pain but I'm proud of them!:)

Those are fab and it’s a great cause to bake for :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Thank you :)
    Found out before I left that I won an easter egg for them!

I must bake more often! :pac:

Advertisement