Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Best Superhero Tournament!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Deadpool!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭sonic85

Deadpool! Skips like a little schoolgirl into the next round!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

A flood of votes finishes off Storm's hopes as Deadpool swaggers into Round 2. We now reach the final tie of Round 1 and, as I promised, it's one of the biggest clashes of all as two iconic members of the Justice League collide.

The Flash

250px-Flash_Pack.jpg

VS

Wonder Woman

250px-WonderWoman-Ross.png

It's the super-fast alter ego of Barry Allen and Wally West (among others), The Flash, versus the warrior princess of the Amazons, Diana Prince aka Wonder Woman.

We are guaranteed a big casualty here. Which of the two takes the final spot in Round 2? Cast your votes now.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm gonna go with The Flash. Were it not for the current TV show though, my answer may have been different.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,300 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wonder Woman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The Flash by a mile.

Just my opinion and loads of people may disagree with me but I think wonder woman is one of the worst super hero's out there. I just don't rate her at all - I think everything about her is naff. The lasso of truth - jeez.

The flash all the way for me

The Flash speeds on into the next round leaving Wonder Woman trailing in his wake.

And with that we have found our 32 qualified heroes. I will now randomize the names and begin presenting the ties for the next round.

Stay tuned. :cool:

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Nice one - loving this thread by the way! Fair play

sonic85 wrote: »
    Nice one - loving this thread by the way! Fair play

Yeah, great job Mr. Nice Guy. We appreciate the effort.

• Advertisement

Hail MNG..

Okay folks the draw for Round 2 has been made and we have some cracking ties in the works. There's going to be some legendary heroes leaving the game but who those shall be will be down to yourselves.

Like the last round the first hero to reach 3 votes shall advance.

So without further ado let's get Round 2 up and running with our first bout and it's a tasty Marvel vs DC clash.

Captain America

250px-CaptainAmerica109.jpg

VS

Dick Grayson

150px-Robin_BTAS.jpg167px-Nightwing_TNBA.jpg

It's the iconic shield-throwing Marvel hero, Captain America, versus one-time Batman sidekick and now badass in his own right, Dick Grayson.

Who deserves to reach the last 16? Vote now.

Captain America

Cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Really tight for me love Cap but Dick Grayson is my second favorite superhero. I'm sure Cap will win but I vote for Dick.

Cap.

Cap most definitely

Captain America deflects Dick Grayson's best shots and reaches Round 2. Next up it's an X-Men/Avengers battle.

Beast

170px-Beastastonishing.jpg

VS

Black Widow

250px-Black_Widow_1.jpg

I guess you could describe this one as the battle of Beauty and the Beast; it's X-Men's brainy blue scientist, Beast, versus the deadly agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. and member of the Avengers, Black Widow.

Who should reach Round 2? Cast your votes now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

Black Widow

• Advertisement

Black Widow.

Beast

Ooooh tough one! I like beast and in the movies he's been portrayed quite well.

Black widow is a great character and let's face it sexy as hell.

Gonna have to go for beast though

After a battle that went down to the wire it's Beast that manages to claw his way into Round 2. Next up is a battle featuring two very powerful characters.

Jesse Custer

34_JesseCuster.jpg

VS

Professor X

250px-Xav-lopr.png

It's the protagonist of The Preacher comics, Jesse Custer, versus the founder of the X-Men, Charles Xavier aka Professor X.

Who reaches Round 2? Cast your votes now.

Professor X

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Professor X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

The Reverend wins for me.

I'm gonna go for Professor X here. Custer sounds interesting but I've not read/seen enough of him to make an informed decision so I'll stick with what I know.

The Prof is a legend anyway!

Professor X powers his way into Round 2. Next up we have a hell of a battle involving Marvel and DC stars.

Blade

250px-Blademu0.png

VS

Batman

250px-Comic_Art_-_Batman_by_Jim_Lee_%282002%29.png

The stakes are high as the vampire hunter Blade tackles the Dark Knight, Batman.

Who makes it to Round 2? Vote now.

• Advertisement

I'm Batman.

Advertisement