Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Best Superhero Tournament!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Iceman's hopes are shattered as Beast roars his way into Round 2. Next up we've got a battle between a member of the X-Men and a member of the Justice League.

Kitty Pryde

Kitty_Pryde_by_Paul_Smith.jpg

VS

Martian Manhunter

162px-MartianManhunterRossAlex.jpg

It's the youngest person to join the X-Men, Kitty Pryde, versus one of the original members of the Justice League, Martian Manhunter.

Who do you think deserves to reach Round 2? Vote now.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Martian Manhunter

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Another tough one, because Martian Manhunter is pretty awesome, but still gonna stick with the auld X-Men and vote for Kitty Pryde.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Martian Manhunter

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

Though I love X-men, I gotta go Martian Manhunter this time.

• Advertisement

It's the Justice League's representative that takes the tie as Martian Manhunter reaches Round 2. Next up is a battle between a member of the Avengers and the X-Men.

Hawkeye

250px-H-5.jpg

VS

Professor X

250px-Xav-lopr.png

It's the expert archer, Hawkeye, played on the big screen by Jeremy Renner, up against the telepathic founder of the X-Men, Charles Xavier, played on screen by Patrick Stewart and James McAvoy.

Who do you think should go on to Round 2? Vote now.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

I do like Hawkeye but Charles takes this easily imo

Captain Jean Luc Picard

Professor X

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭sonic85

This thread is killing me! There was no movement on it for ages yesterday then all of a sudden BAM a load of matchups I'd love to have voted on! Gutted for Spawn!

Anyway - it's got to be the Professor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Professor X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,298 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Professor X

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Hawkeye, just to be contrary.

Not been a good round for the archers as Hawkeye, like The Green Arrow, finds himself eliminated as Professor X advances.

We have five ties left in this round, and I would say the final tie is probably the biggest tie of the game so far (when you see it you'll know what I mean). The next one up is a pretty big one, though; it's an all-Gotham clash.

Batgirl

batgirl-vol-4-20110907042551449-3520857_320w.jpg

VS

Dick Grayson

150px-Robin_BTAS.jpg167px-Nightwing_TNBA.jpg

These two once teamed together under the name 'Dynamite Duo' but now they are facing off; it's Commissioner Gordon's daughter Barbara aka Batgirl versus a man who has worn many costumes, most memorably as the original Robin - but also as Nightwing - Dick Grayson.

Who should go through from this Gotham showdown? Vote now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Has to be Dick/Robin/Nightwing. One of the all-time greats. I was really enjoying his run as Batman too before the New-52 turned him back to Nightwing.

Dick grayson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Sealing the deal right here: Dick Grayson all the way. Nightwing is my favourite DC hero, no contest.

Dick Grayson swoops into Round 2, joining his old friend Bruce. Next up we have an X-Men vs Fantastic Four clash.

Gambit

250px-Newgambit.jpg

VS

The Invisible Woman

250px-Cover_for_Marvel_Knights_%224%22%2C_no._5.jpg

It's the card-throwing, staff-wielding Gambit versus the final member of The Fantastic Four left in the game, Sue Storm aka The Invisible Woman.

Who should go through to Round 2? Vote now.

Gambit. To hell with the powers, he wins because of the accent ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Definitely Gambit

Gambit

• Advertisement

I think a quote from an old X-Men game on the Playstation is appropriate here:

Dealer wins, not your day.

I know he's won already but I'm gonna throw in another vote to make it emphatic!

Gambit

I'm late to the party again, but still gonna vote Gambit despite his already landslide win.

Gambit plays his cards right and makes Round 2 with a powerful showing. Only three ties remain and next up we see two female superheroes collide in a Marvel vs DC clash.

Black Widow

250px-Black_Widow_1.jpg

VS

Supergirl

250px-6.5_Supergirls.png

It's Russian spy and member of The Avengers, Black Widow, played on the big screen by Scarlett Johansson, versus Superman's cousin, now starring in her own TV series, Supergirl.

Who deserves to reach the next round? Vote now.

I'm gonna go with black widow here - just a much cooler all round character

Yeah, Black Widow for me too. Someone give her a solo movie already... ;)

Black Widow/

Supergirl fails to join her cousin in the next round as Black Widow advances. Time for the penultimate tie of Round 1 and it's an all-Marvel affair.

Deadpool

250px-Deadpool-cover.jpg

VS

Storm

250px-X-Men_Storm_Main.png

It's not the first time the wise-cracking Deadpool has set his sights on a member of the Marvel universe and this time his challenge is the weather-controlling member of the X-Men, Storm.

Who goes through to the next round? Vote now.

Deadpool it is.

• Advertisement

Deadpool wins this one.

Advertisement