Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Best Superhero Tournament!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,369 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Punisher.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭sonic85

The Silver Surfer is cool but my vote goes to The Punisher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

The Punisher

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Punisher

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The Silver Surfer's travels are over as The Punisher takes the last spot in the round of 16.

That concludes this second round. I will now do a draw for the round of 16 and commence posting the ties.

P.S. I was wondering after this game finishes would there be any interest in a Best Supervillain tournament? Let me know in the meantime.

• Advertisement

Supervillain's sounds good to me.

The Silver Surfer's travels are over as The Punisher takes the last spot in the round of 16.

That concludes this second round. I will now do a draw for the round of 16 and commence posting the ties.

P.S. I was wondering after this game finishes would there be any interest in a Best Supervillain tournament? Let me know in the meantime.

Yeah, Best Supervillain tournament would be awesome, but only if it suits yourself - I know the work that has to go in to even the simplest of games, so only if you enjoy hosting. I'm really enjoying this one. Again, great work.

Yeah, Best Supervillain tournament would be awesome, but only if it suits yourself - I know the work that has to go in to even the simplest of games, so only if you enjoy hosting. I'm really enjoying this one. Again, great work.

Id second this. Really enjoying this game and a super villains one would be class - but only if you have the time or inclination!

Thanks, folks. Yeah I am enjoying the game and I'm glad others are as well. I'll begin a supervillains tournament after this game is completed.

Speaking of which, the draw for the round of 16 has been made and as you can imagine there are some epic showdowns.

Since we are entering the business end of the tournament, and to give more people a chance to be involved, let's up the requirement to 4 votes to get through to the next round.

So then let's get to the first battle which is an intriguing DC vs Marvel clash.

Batman

250px-Comic_Art_-_Batman_by_Jim_Lee_%282002%29.png

VS

Nick Fury

250px-Nickfuryshield.jpg

Two great minds pitting their wits against one another here as the Dark Knight, Batman, takes on the former head of S.H.I.E.L.D., Nick Fury.

Who qualifies for the quarter-finals? Vote now. (Remember - 4 votes to get through this time)

I don't want to see Nick Fury knocked out of the tournament, but it has to be Batman to win this - he's Batman! I vote BATMAN!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Batman

Batman all the way

Batman.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Nick Fury

Even with the extra vote requirement, Batman makes short work of Nick Fury and glides into the quarter-finals.

Next up we have a very interesting clash of characters.

Judge Dredd

250px-2000AD168.jpg

VS

The Flash

250px-Flash_Pack.jpg

It's the hero who exacts street justice, Judge Dredd, versus the nimble Justice League member, The Flash.

Who reaches the quarter-finals? First to 4 votes takes it.

The Flash

I think I gotta go with Dredd on this one, because he's less Vanilla than his speedy opponent. I'm voting the bad-asses.

Judge Dredd

The Flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Judge Dredd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

The Flash

• Registered Users Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Barry Allen, the fastest man alive gets my vote.

The tightest battle yet sees The Flash pull in front of Judge Dredd to take the tie 4-3. Next up we have an X-Men vs Justice League clash.

Beast

Beast_Jim_Lee_art.jpg

VS

Superman

250px-SupermanRoss.png

It's the furry blue genius of the X-Men, Beast, versus Krypton's finest, the Man of Steel, Superman.

Who should reach the quarter-finals? Cast your votes now.

Beast

Beast forever! Never been a big fan of the Man of Steel, but the X-Men are my jam!

Superman, he's the superhero.

Superman.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Mmmm, I had a thought, Beast!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Superman

• Advertisement

Superman

Advertisement